+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prevent Donald Trump from making a State Visit to the UK

Prevent Donald Trump from making a State Visit to the UK

Re: Prevent Donald Trump from making a State Visit to the UK

"......because it would cause embarrassment to Her Majesty the Queen."

Can't sign it for that particular reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    "......because it would cause embarrassment to Her Majesty the Queen."

Can't sign it for that particular reason.
    Very true

There is a political forum

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Very true
    At least that idiot was elected. Sort of.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    At least that idiot was elected. Sort of.
    Indeed

I don't like Trump, I don't like his policies but it appears our politicians have learned nothing in recent years.

1. How another country conducts their internal affairs has got feck all to do with us and we intervene at our peril
    2. Brexit showed us that 52% of the UK is aligned to Trump policies - I don't like it but it is what it is.
    3. Thanks to the failure of left wing politicians to make a compelling enough case for remaining in the EU we unfortunately now need to make trade deals with despotic regimes like Turkey and America. Welcome to the post Trump/Brexit world.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I don't like Trump, I don't like his policies but it appears our politicians have learned nothing in recent years.

1. How another country conducts their internal affairs has got feck all to do with us and we intervene at our peril
    2. Brexit showed us that 52% of the UK is aligned to Trump policies - I don't like it but it is what it is.
    3. Thanks to the failure of left wing politicians to make a compelling enough case for remaining in the EU we unfortunately now need to make trade deals with despotic regimes like Turkey and America. Welcome to the post Trump/Brexit world.
    I think that ignoring what Trump is doing, turning a blind eye to it would be the worst thing. There may be many that agree with his policies, and even the ham fisted way he is going about implementing them, but there are an awful lot of people that are disgusted by him and genuinely worried about what this is all leading to. If you feel strongly against something you at very least have to voice your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    He may have just realised he has used a sledge hammer to crack a walnut here.

Extra security checks on travellers coming into your country - fine no problem with that.
    Extra security on people using a passport from a particular country - no problem with that either.
    Extra security checks on anyone US immigration deem to be a problem - no problem with that - IN FACT - the US already do that.

Perhaps what he shouldnt have done is use an Executive Order to do it - or maybe he should have added some detail to it
    He is not introducing a blanket ban, it's a temporary measure put in place until they find a sytem that can find out exactly who everybody is. Don't forget is was Obama, Clinton and Soros who decided to let everybody in without any checks.

The following short video explains why he chose those 7 countries - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RC1Mepk_Sw

Where's the petition to ban all the leaders of the 16 countries that ban Israeli passport holders from entering?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    Where's the petition to ban all the leaders of the 16 countries that ban Israeli passport holders from entering?
    Actually you only need to ban one leader as it is Israel which bans it's citizens from travelling to those countries,

Ive just a headline saying that Mo Farrah is saying he has had to tell his children he may not be allowed by into America. I thought Mo was a UK citizen and would travel with a UK passport - so is he telling porkies or is this just yet more media hype I wonder
    America has created a lot of enemies in the 7 countries Trump mentioned, so he is probably right to ask if giving a free pass to those who may be coming under false pretences is a good way to continue.

I don't think Mo will have any problem going there though, however it does make a good media story depending upon ones agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    America has created a lot of enemies in the 7 countries Trump mentioned, so he is probably right to ask if giving a free pass to those who may be coming under false pretences is a good way to continue.

I don't think Mo will have any problem going there though, however it does make a good media story depending upon ones agenda.
    This Tory MP appears to be in the same situation as Mo

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7551511.html

Ive just a headline saying that Mo Farrah is saying he has had to tell his children he may not be allowed by into America. I thought Mo was a UK citizen and would travel with a UK passport - so is he telling porkies or is this just yet more media hype I wonder
    We took Mo Farah in (fair enough), he made himself a success here (fair enough), we made him "Sir Mo", (fair enough), he then fecks off to America to live (fair enough), he's not being deported there was a small risk that if he left the states in the next three months they might not let him back in again - sympathy starting to run out for the attention seeker by now I'm afraid.

Blog Entries

Does the Queen get a say?

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    We took Mo Farah in (fair enough), he made himself a success here (fair enough), we made him "Sir Mo", (fair enough), he then fecks off to America to live (fair enough), he's not being deported there was a small risk that if he left the states in the next three months they might not let him back in again - sympathy starting to run out for the attention seeker by now I'm afraid.
    We took him in? His dad was born in London and grew up in Hounslow ffs.

I was under the impression that it was already pretty ****ing hard to get into the USA

Quote Originally Posted by Veg1960 View Post
    This Tory MP appears to be in the same situation as Mo

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7551511.html
    Fella needs to get a new immigration lawyer

"The Foreign Office has advised British travellers that dual citizens were only affected if travelling to the US from one of the seven banned countries."

PS how is his horses doing, I hope he is still keeping them warm.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    We took him in? His dad was born in London and grew up in Hounslow ffs.
    Fair point I guess, but my understanding is that having been born in Somalia, then moved to the UK he now lives in America. Until Trump backed down, MO wasn't going to be kicked out of America. It he ,isn't even had problems getting back in again if he left. Within three months. So don't leave the country for three months?

As May has said, what we do know affects our trade with america for decades.

It isn't about trump, at all.

Signed .......

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post

now*

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post

Exactly. We've been kissing Saudi Arabia's arse for decades now, Trump is mild in comparison.

Let me be clear. Trump is a loon, I abhor his policies, but there are many loons in the world with policies I abhor, he's just the most well known. End of the day, this is a U.S domestic issue imho.

This is what happens when you elect right wing nationalists.

I wouldn't sign this petition - I'd rather see him come here and attempts be made, through legal means, to make his visit as uncomfortable as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I wouldn't sign this petition - I'd rather see him come here and attempts be made, through legal means, to make his visit as uncomfortable as possible.

I've signed it although it won'tstop him coming over here, I totally agree with when you say about making his visit uncomfortable, which I'm sure it will be.