+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prevent Donald Trump from making a State Visit to the UK

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Prevent Donald Trump from making a State Visit to the UK

Re: Prevent Donald Trump from making a State Visit to the UK

"......because it would cause embarrassment to Her Majesty the Queen."

Can't sign it for that particular reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    "......because it would cause embarrassment to Her Majesty the Queen."

Can't sign it for that particular reason.
    Very true

There is a political forum

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    There is a political forum
    I'm with you mate, why can't they piss off to the politics forum, and leave us snowflakes in peace to enjoy our new lightweight plastic soccer ball experience

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Very true
    At least that idiot was elected. Sort of.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    At least that idiot was elected. Sort of.
    Indeed

I don't like Trump, I don't like his policies but it appears our politicians have learned nothing in recent years.

1. How another country conducts their internal affairs has got feck all to do with us and we intervene at our peril
    2. Brexit showed us that 52% of the UK is aligned to Trump policies - I don't like it but it is what it is.
    3. Thanks to the failure of left wing politicians to make a compelling enough case for remaining in the EU we unfortunately now need to make trade deals with despotic regimes like Turkey and America. Welcome to the post Trump/Brexit world.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I don't like Trump, I don't like his policies but it appears our politicians have learned nothing in recent years.

1. How another country conducts their internal affairs has got feck all to do with us and we intervene at our peril
    2. Brexit showed us that 52% of the UK is aligned to Trump policies - I don't like it but it is what it is.
    3. Thanks to the failure of left wing politicians to make a compelling enough case for remaining in the EU we unfortunately now need to make trade deals with despotic regimes like Turkey and America. Welcome to the post Trump/Brexit world.
    I think that ignoring what Trump is doing, turning a blind eye to it would be the worst thing. There may be many that agree with his policies, and even the ham fisted way he is going about implementing them, but there are an awful lot of people that are disgusted by him and genuinely worried about what this is all leading to. If you feel strongly against something you at very least have to voice your opinion.

Well said , he is not a nice man, however many millions want him to carry out these changes , it does appear if you apply Liberal approach to the radicals of this world they simply take advantage, look at Germany and Belgium openness and thank they got, who is going to dump the radicals ,never mind dumping Trump, they are the real evil .

The USA its had two periods of democratic power Obama /with a Clinton and one of the Bush era and its judged by some they did not deliver a tough response to threats around the world , and potentially brought death to their shores and its people abroad :

""" Wall Street Journal --"" On a day of unusual public airing of the conduct of the war on terror, investigators declared that both the Clinton and Bush administrations relied too heavily on diplomacy instead of military action to curb al Qaeda before Sept. 11, 2001.""

Since the Syrian uprising began in 2011, Americans have regarded the carnage there as essentially a humanitarian disaster. For Obama, contemplating his legacy, the awful death and destruction that Syria has suffered — the 400,000 deaths, the wholesale wasting of civilian neighborhoods, the wanton use of sarin gas and chlorine gas and barrel bombs, the untold atrocities — has raised the old question of how future generations will judge an American president’s passivity or ineffectual in the face of mass slaughter.
    Last edited by life on mars; 30-01-17 at 18:20.

Where's the petition to ban all the leaders of the 16 countries that ban Israeli passport holders from entering?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    Where's the petition to ban all the leaders of the 16 countries that ban Israeli passport holders from entering?
    Actually you only need to ban one leader as it is Israel which bans it's citizens from travelling to those countries,

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Ive just a headline saying that Mo Farrah is saying he has had to tell his children he may not be allowed by into America. I thought Mo was a UK citizen and would travel with a UK passport - so is he telling porkies or is this just yet more media hype I wonder
    We took Mo Farah in (fair enough), he made himself a success here (fair enough), we made him "Sir Mo", (fair enough), he then fecks off to America to live (fair enough), he's not being deported there was a small risk that if he left the states in the next three months they might not let him back in again - sympathy starting to run out for the attention seeker by now I'm afraid.

Blog Entries

Does the Queen get a say?

We took Mo Farah in (fair enough), he made himself a success here (fair enough), we made him "Sir Mo", (fair enough), he then fecks off to America to live (fair enough), he's not being deported there was a small risk that if he left the states in the next three months they might not let him back in again - sympathy starting to run out for the attention seeker by now I'm afraid.
    We took him in? His dad was born in London and grew up in Hounslow ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    We took him in? His dad was born in London and grew up in Hounslow ffs.
    Fair point I guess, but my understanding is that having been born in Somalia, then moved to the UK he now lives in America. Until Trump backed down, MO wasn't going to be kicked out of America. It he ,isn't even had problems getting back in again if he left. Within three months. So don't leave the country for three months?

As May has said, what we do know affects our trade with america for decades.

It isn't about trump, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post

now*

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post

Exactly. We've been kissing Saudi Arabia's arse for decades now, Trump is mild in comparison.

Let me be clear. Trump is a loon, I abhor his policies, but there are many loons in the world with policies I abhor, he's just the most well known. End of the day, this is a U.S domestic issue imho.

This is what happens when you elect right wing nationalists.

I was under the impression that it was already pretty ****ing hard to get into the USA

Signed .......

I wouldn't sign this petition - I'd rather see him come here and attempts be made, through legal means, to make his visit as uncomfortable as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I wouldn't sign this petition - I'd rather see him come here and attempts be made, through legal means, to make his visit as uncomfortable as possible.

I've signed it although it won'tstop him coming over here, I totally agree with when you say about making his visit uncomfortable, which I'm sure it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That's how I feel right now.
    'Banning him from travel' seems a bit ...

I seldom agree with the notion of 'no platform'.
    Plus why should the people be potentially doing the job of the monarchy or gov't?

If the powers that be are uncomfortable with The Don's visit and appearing too cosy - then they should say so. If not, it is their choice.

Im happy to see them in an awkward position. All of them.
    Last edited by Vimana.; 30-01-17 at 10:33.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Re: mainstream media doing everything to promote Islam positively and suppress criticism - come on, you know that's not true.
    Two instances this morning.
    One by the clown Matthew Wright on the Wright Stuff programme, likened Trump to a Nazi and said that he never could imagine how the Holocaust could be allowed to happen, but he can now - that is, in his opinion due to so called Islamophobia.
    Secondly on radio 5 live, they gave a brief slot during the news to an Iranian woman who said that due to Trump's misinterpreted travel policy, that WE shouldn't allow him to come to Britain. WE should ban him.
    Did she or any of the other clueless, unthinking minority ever have the same vitriol and courage of their conviction to prevent the radical clerics that were 'invited' to speak at mosques in Cardiff, Leicester and London. The consequences resulting in the Cardiff muslims that went to join the Islamic cowards. How many others did he radicalise and how many have they radicalised?
    The aim for many is spread the word of Islam to make converts, there is also the aim to convert others that are susceptible to radicalisation.
    They're far more divisive to Muslim / non muslim relations and far dangerous than Trump.
    Trump is reacting to their nonsense and the liberals are fighting Trump, which is in turn giving Islamic state cowards carte blanche to carry on growing.