+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prevent Donald Trump from making a State Visit to the UK

Re: Prevent Donald Trump from making a State Visit to the UK

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Fella needs to get a new immigration lawyer

"The Foreign Office has advised British travellers that dual citizens were only affected if travelling to the US from one of the seven banned countries."

PS how is his horses doing, I hope he is still keeping them warm.
    Think is Immigration Lawyer is probably okay, The Foreign office didn't release that advice until late yesterday evening.

I'm not feeling sorry for the Tory git. The champion of the people was on the TV moaning about not being able to visit his sons in Princeton

Not sure about the relevance of his horses?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I wouldn't sign this petition - I'd rather see him come here and attempts be made, through legal means, to make his visit as uncomfortable as possible.
    That's how I feel right now.
    'Banning him from travel' seems a bit ...

I seldom agree with the notion of 'no platform'.
    Plus why should the people be potentially doing the job of the monarchy or gov't?

If the powers that be are uncomfortable with The Don's visit and appearing too cosy - then they should say so. If not, it is their choice.

Im happy to see them in an awkward position. All of them.
    Last edited by Vimana.; 30-01-17 at 10:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Veg1960 View Post
    Think is Immigration Lawyer is probably okay, The Foreign office didn't release that advice until late yesterday evening.

I'm not feeling sorry for the Tory git. The champion of the people was on the TV moaning about not being able to visit his sons in Princeton

Not sure about the relevance of his horses?
    We were paying to keep them warm at one stage

One can only assume that the Donald will now be including Canada on his travel ban list?

He is not introducing a blanket ban, it's a temporary measure put in place until they find a sytem that can find out exactly who everybody is. Don't forget is was Obama, Clinton and Soros who decided to let everybody in without any checks.

The following short video explains why he chose those 7 countries - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RC1Mepk_Sw
    Refugees to the US from those countries go through a process that can last a couple of years which seems a long time for something that involves no checks.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Refugees to the US from those countries go through a process that can last a couple of years which seems a long time for something that involves no checks.
    Do you have a link?

Are these protesters who are angry that some Muslims are prevented from entering the US also angry that all Christians are not allowed into Mecca and Medina? I doubt it. Most of these protestors are either mentally ill or criminally stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    One can only assume that the Donald will now be including Canada on his travel ban list?
    Both Canadian citizens and the country have been held up as some kind of utopia in recent months.

Brexit voters claiming they're on the first plane there.

It is huge, rural country with a population half that of the UK.

It is easy to act liberal when the affects of liberalism have little affect on yourselves.

Their leader that justin trudeau guy is the good looking king of the nice people.

Trump got abused all last week because he said yes to pipelines through native american land. Funny Justin agreed with him, to absolutely no covered whatsoever.

My parents said Canada is unbelievable and one of the nicest places they have ever been to though.

Do you have a link?
    https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov...-united-states

Do you have a link to Obama Clinton and Soros letting everyone in with no checks?

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    Are these protesters who are angry that some Muslims are prevented from entering the US also angry that all Christians are not allowed into Mecca and Medina? I doubt it. Most of these protestors are either mentally ill or criminally stupid.
    Totally agree. People who are getting faux outraged are hypocrites and jumping on the band wagon against a democratically elected President.

Where was the outrage when the representatives of countries such as China, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia etc came to Britain for state visits?

Where was the outrage when in 2011 Obama banned all Iraqis from entering the US for 6 months?

They are using a scatter gun approach and trying to lump a whole of issues at Trump's doorstep.

Have you seen the fruit cake, Ashley Judd's tirade on you tube about the tampon tax - she's losing her rag excuse the pun and blaming Trump when he'd been in power less than a week. Why didn't she protest in Obama's eight years of presidency if it was THAT important to her ? Jumping on the bandwagon !!

What about the dangerous Madonna who stated that she's been thinking about bombing the White House ? Seriously, if she's THAT reactionary, she should be arrested and banned from public speaking. She could easily inflame the easily led to acts of serious violence. Jumping on the bandwagon.

Michael Moore at the Women's rally stating Trump is not the President. Why, because he didn't get the President he wanted. Jumping on the bandwagon.

There seems to be a growing rally cry from the previously apathetic, because there are more people who disagree with their view point than agree.

Look at Brexit and the remainers who just won't accept that the majority, 1.3 million more voted to leave than remain. So they huddle together around their collective PC's on facebook and twitter to throw their toys out of their prams.

The scatter gun approach blames Trump for the ill doings of others, stating he's being divisive. When it is these reactionaries who are being divisive.

I'm not saying agree with everything, but get behind Britain and May because that's what we have. I would rather support her than Eurocrats and the likes of Merkel in the EU.

Finally the you tube clip of the heart rending Women's march in Germany, where it culminates in the lead woman on the podium shouting Alluh Akbar into a loud speaker and the hypocritical woman looking on admirably.

Why are they not protesting and marching against the way woman and children are treated in Islam ? Hypocrites of the first order and again jumping on the bandwagon.

Trump is far from perfect, I don't like him.

It is far easier to jump on the bandwagon against him and criticise and joke about his hair, than it is to have an honest and open debate - and be allowed to justifiably criticise - Islam.

Islam is NOT a race. It is a way of life, it is a political, legal, economic, and a religious system.

Why is it wrong to be open about the way of life of, or threats from Islam ?

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I don't like Trump, I don't like his policies but it appears our politicians have learned nothing in recent years.

1. How another country conducts their internal affairs has got feck all to do with us and we intervene at our peril
    2. Brexit showed us that 52% of the UK is aligned to Trump policies - I don't like it but it is what it is.
    3. Thanks to the failure of left wing politicians to make a compelling enough case for remaining in the EU we unfortunately now need to make trade deals with despotic regimes like Turkey and America. Welcome to the post Trump/Brexit world.
    Well said , he is not a nice man, however many millions want him to carry out these changes , it does appear if you apply Liberal approach to the radicals of this world they simply take advantage, look at Germany and Belgium openness and thank they got, who is going to dump the radicals ,never mind dumping Trump, they are the real evil .

The USA its had two periods of democratic power Obama /with a Clinton and one of the Bush era and its judged by some they did not deliver a tough response to threats around the world , and potentially brought death to their shores and its people abroad :

""" Wall Street Journal --"" On a day of unusual public airing of the conduct of the war on terror, investigators declared that both the Clinton and Bush administrations relied too heavily on diplomacy instead of military action to curb al Qaeda before Sept. 11, 2001.""

Since the Syrian uprising began in 2011, Americans have regarded the carnage there as essentially a humanitarian disaster. For Obama, contemplating his legacy, the awful death and destruction that Syria has suffered — the 400,000 deaths, the wholesale wasting of civilian neighborhoods, the wanton use of sarin gas and chlorine gas and barrel bombs, the untold atrocities — has raised the old question of how future generations will judge an American president’s passivity or ineffectual in the face of mass slaughter.
    Last edited by life on mars; 30-01-17 at 18:20.

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post

I would say that discussions are definitely becoming more open in that very regard - wouldnt you?
    The days of pussy-footing around the subject are clearly on the wane.

My feelings towards 'trump' would ideally be to give 'trump' a chance to do things the 'trump' way and judge 'trump' on results.

But I suspect 'trump' will be rash, hasty and far too lacking apparent gravitas nor common sense to get very far with any of it, based on the utter bollocks and cock-up's of what he has attempted so far - or so it looks. Naive and clumsy, or seemingly so we are supposed to see.

There were protests about China, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia. But no, not on the same scale.

People have apparently become 'attracted' out of apathy by 'trump'. As per the plan perhaps.

While you were getting a bit frothy above, you seem to define anybody with an opposing viewpoint as showing 'faux outrage' .

And I don't get how you compare the 'power' of a used-to-be-famous and once mildly culturally influential singer with the potential power of a 'head of state'.

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov...-united-states

Do you have a link to Obama Clinton and Soros letting everyone in with no checks?
    I was under the impression that if you entered the US via purposely open border routes, even with fake documents, that you could be processed and it would trigger the official asylum process. That would take a few years, but in the meantime you would have the right to work, access housing and medicine, etc. Trump knows all about this, but maybe you don't?

Totally agree. People who are getting faux outraged are hypocrites and jumping on the band wagon against a democratically elected President.

Where was the outrage when the representatives of countries such as China, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia etc came to Britain for state visits?

Where was the outrage when in 2011 Obama banned all Iraqis from entering the US for 6 months?

They are using a scatter gun approach and trying to lump a whole of issues at Trump's doorstep.

Have you seen the fruit cake, Ashley Judd's tirade on you tube about the tampon tax - she's losing her rag excuse the pun and blaming Trump when he'd been in power less than a week. Why didn't she protest in Obama's eight years of presidency if it was THAT important to her ? Jumping on the bandwagon !!

What about the dangerous Madonna who stated that she's been thinking about bombing the White House ? Seriously, if she's THAT reactionary, she should be arrested and banned from public speaking. She could easily inflame the easily led to acts of serious violence. Jumping on the bandwagon.

Michael Moore at the Women's rally stating Trump is not the President. Why, because he didn't get the President he wanted. Jumping on the bandwagon.

There seems to be a growing rally cry from the previously apathetic, because there are more people who disagree with their view point than agree.

Look at Brexit and the remainers who just won't accept that the majority, 1.3 million more voted to leave than remain. So they huddle together around their collective PC's on facebook and twitter to throw their toys out of their prams.

The scatter gun approach blames Trump for the ill doings of others, stating he's being divisive. When it is these reactionaries who are being divisive.

I'm not saying agree with everything, but get behind Britain and May because that's what we have. I would rather support her than Eurocrats and the likes of Merkel in the EU.

Finally the you tube clip of the heart rending Women's march in Germany, where it culminates in the lead woman on the podium shouting Alluh Akbar into a loud speaker and the hypocritical woman looking on admirably.

Why are they not protesting and marching against the way woman and children are treated in Islam ? Hypocrites of the first order and again jumping on the bandwagon.

It is far easier to jump on the bandwagon against him and criticise and joke about his hair, than it is to have an honest and open debate - and be allowed to justifiably criticise - Islam.

Islam is NOT a race. It is a way of life, it is a political, legal, economic, and a religious system.

Those feminists / Soros employees are just insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWX1SKncyOA

Blog Entries

You missed out that a speaker at the women's march Donna Hylton is a convicted murderer and kidnapper who was part of a seven-person gang that abducted, tortured and killed a 62-year-old man, watching her present herself as some sort of victim while failing to mention what she had actually spent 27 years in prison for made me want to vomit.

Where's the petion to force the government to increase our border controls to stop killers entering our country illegally.

Find it ironic we rant about a loon , where we don't consider the real threats to western culture just look back at the atrocious killings that have occured in Europe in the last last few years under a welcomming approach to others nig so well off.

The yanks are not having on their shores the embedded threats we have in Europe and the UK.

The only way forward for western society is to :

Deploy very difficult strict immigration.

Allow monitoring of everyone,however intrusive.

Withdraw from foreign conflicts

Create Homeland force,from returning forces.

Support democratic middle eastern countries such as Israel, Egypt , Saudi ,Jordan, UAE, diplomatically and financially , so they sort their own regions shit out.

Not great, however, how do we fix these threats to our lives, as they are not going to stop or go away however friendly and accepting we are as a society,which saddens me as I used to believe in tolerance, this new threat us pure evil, far worse than some right loon.

I'm sure someone will argue Trump will breed more hatred , my reply is ,how worse can it get in a world of acceptance , that sees dreadful acts of violence in the name of religion and hatred of western values.

Thanks for your reply Vimana
    Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    I would say that discussions are definitely becoming more open in that very regard - wouldnt you?
    The days of pussy-footing around the subject are clearly on the wane.

I really have to strongly disagree with you on that, especially from within Europe. Anyone mention any criticism of anything Islamic and you'll get pounced very quickly upon as being racist, fascist or an Islamophobe.
    Mainstream media is doing everything it can to promote Islam positively and to suppress any criticism or negativity (or reality) of Islam.

My feelings towards 'trump' would ideally be to give 'trump' a chance to do things the 'trump' way and judge 'trump' on results.

But I suspect 'trump' will be rash, hasty and far too lacking apparent gravitas nor common sense to get very far with any of it, based on the utter bollocks and cock-up's of what he has attempted so far - or so it looks. Naive and clumsy, or seemingly so we are supposed to see.

There were protests about China, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia. But no, not on the same scale.

Agree with your comments above

People have apparently become 'attracted' out of apathy by 'trump'. As per the plan perhaps.

The people who are protesting now, I had previously suspected of apathy. Now however, it wasn't apathy and complacency, but more of a belief that Islam is actually to be protected more than the people's of their own countries. That's a very dangerous game to play and one in which we now find a hugely divided society - immigration at all costs -v- let's take a step back and assess who we want and allow into the country.

Trump has a responsibility to protect America's citizens, even when those citizen's are so clueless that they can't see the dangers from outside and from those that remain. Of course, not all Muslims are dangerous, but enough are and that makes him and so many others wary.

While you were getting a bit frothy above, you seem to define anybody with an opposing viewpoint as showing 'faux outrage' .

I'm not sure how you suggest I was getting 'frothy'. Please clarify.

You were right about the use of 'faux'. I was in two minds whether to add that word. It was a tongue in cheek comment, as used by so many on here when talking about the opposite argument. Scratch that word. Thanks.

And I don't get how you compare the 'power' of a used-to-be-famous and once mildly culturally influential singer with the potential power of a 'head of state'.

I'm not comparing the 'power' of Madonna with Trump. Merely stating her comments are immensely irresponsible, for which she is now backtracking and that they are potentially extremely dangerous. She was all talk when she had her cronies and an appreciative audience in front of her. She was flying just short of saying that she had thought of killing the President. There are so many vulnerable and easily led individual's who would buy into any old rubbish that some at that rally would say. I know who I think are the dangerous people and missing more than a few marbles and on this it isn't Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Where's the petion to force the government to increase our border controls to stop killers entering our country illegally.

Find it ironic we rant about a loon , where we don't consider the real threats to western culture just look back at the atrocious killings that have occured in Europe in the last last few years under a welcomming approach to others nig so well off.

The yanks are not having on their shores the embedded threats we have in Europe and the UK.

Support democratic middle eastern countries such as Israel, Egypt , Saudi ,Jordan, UAE, diplomatically and financially , so they sort their own regions shit out.

Not great, however, how do we fix these threats to our lives, as they are not going to stop or go away however friendly and accepting we are as a society,which saddens me as I used to believe in tolerance, this new threat us pure evil, far worse than some right loon.

I'm sure someone will argue Trump will breed more hatred , my reply is ,how worse can it get in a world of acceptance , that sees dreadful acts of violence in the name of religion and hatred of western values.
    Seriously? The only people getting killed that I see are on my TV so my guess is that it could get a lot worse. Despite living quite close to Donald's 'no go zone' I have always felt quite safe. Maybe I am lucky to still be alive.

Anyone mention any criticism of anything Islamic and you'll get pounced very quickly upon as being racist, fascist or an Islamophobe.
    I have seen that happen a few times but no where near as many times as I have seen this victim complex pop up.

Maybe it is thoroughly naive but I believe in someone being innocent until proven guilty and I think fear is taking us dangerously close to (and already probably beyond) breaching that.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Very well said !!

I would add that what Cameron was trying to do, by financing support to those left in camps in Syria was more of a help to them and to the European countries who accepted mass immigration under the disguise of refugees.

An individual who has gained access to the nearest safe country he/she is fleeing from is called a refugee.

When that individual 'chooses' which country he/she wishes to reside in, especially when passing through many other safe countries, then they are no longer refugees, but economic or political migrants.

Why on earth do so many wish to travel far greater distances to various outposts of Europe - Scandinavia, UK, Iceland which has very little similarity in culture, religion, values and other beliefs, when they could make far easier journeys to Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Iraq, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, UAE, Oman, Iran, Azerbaijan, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Turkmenistan as well as a number of African countries who have similar culture, religion, values and other beliefs.

Listen to one of JFK's speeches from 1:35 to 2:40. I believe in those times he may have been talking about Communism and more than happy to be corrected. However listening to the excerpt mentioned above, one could easily conclude the same about radical Islam.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8HTr-F-FVM

I was under the impression that if you entered the US via purposely open border routes, even with fake documents, that you could be processed and it would trigger the official asylum process. That would take a few years, but in the meantime you would have the right to work, access housing and medicine, etc. Trump knows all about this, but maybe you don't?
    At no stage are any checks made on these people? Do you have a link for this?

Thanks for your reply Vimana
    Re: mainstream media doing everything to promote Islam positively and suppress criticism - come on, you know that's not true.

At no stage are any checks made on these people? Do you have a link for this?
    It's international law, once you have arrived in a country they have to look at your case if you apply for asylum. I am assuming Trump wasn't happy with the current system that Obama left behind?

From the BBC

"Mr Trump also replaced the acting director of the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Daniel Ragsdale, who has been in the post since 20 January. He is the former deputy director.

The president appointed Thomas Homan, the executive associate director of enforcement and removal, as the new acting director.

A statement from the department of homeland security announcing the change did not explain the reason for it."
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 31-01-17 at 08:15.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Was anyone on here demonstrating or against the Chinese President when he came for a state visit - shortly after the Chinese invested billions into the UK
    How about when Tony Blair shared a hug and kiss with Gadaffi in Libya ? shortly afterwards BP did a massive oil deal.

Trump won an election, America is America they can set whatever laws they want just like the UK can.
    I dont expect the Americans to come to the UK and tell us how we set out our immigration policy - and we shouldn't do that to anyone else

Far too much virtue signalling and band wagon jumping going on me thinks.
    Well said.

Most of the people protesting are just pissed off that Trump won.

Sore losers.

Like brexit all over again.

It's international law, once you have arrived in a country they have to look at your case if you apply for asylum. I am assuming Trump wasn't happy with the current system that Obama left behind?

From the BBC

"Mr Trump also replaced the acting director of the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Daniel Ragsdale, who has been in the post since 20 January. He is the former deputy director.

The president appointed Thomas Homan, the executive associate director of enforcement and removal, as the new acting director.

A statement from the department of homeland security announcing the change did not explain the reason for it."
    I'm not entirely sure how looking at a case and making no checks is the same thing.