+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Surely Ajayi> Halford?

Surely Ajayi> Halford?

Surprised at the loan, especially as Manga is crocked

Re: Surely Ajayi> Halford?

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    Purely experience I assume. I would like to see Ajayi do well.

His eagerness to impress could be working against him? Who knows.

Connolly's ahead of him anyway. Presumably loaning him and Wilson is simply getting more wages off the books, which suggests we'll be likely to see an arrival tomorrow.

Halford has vast experience , young Ajayi is still on the upward learning curve

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    But how will he gain experience when he cannot even get on the bench ?
    We should not have bought Halford.
    Offers nothing that Ajayi could not match and Ajayi is a better footballer.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    But how will he gain experience when he cannot even get on the bench ?
    We should not have bought Halford.
    Offers nothing that Ajayi could not match and Ajayi is a better footballer.
    So he's gone on loan to play, to gain experience. Warnock rates Halford and he hasn't played in 2 months before joining us, so I'll give him a chance. Either way, Ajayi isn't going to start games here and he might at Rotherham.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

He is not young, he is 23 and has less than 20 top games under his belt.

At that age, he should have at least played about 50/60 games.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semi_Ajayi

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    I think Halford is an unspectacular but ok utility player with experience. Probably better for what we want than risking Ajayi.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    So he's gone on loan to play, to gain experience. Warnock rates Halford and he hasn't played in 2 months before joining us, so I'll give him a chance. Either way, Ajayi isn't going to start games here and he might at Rotherham.
    Indeed

Blue in the Face

I doubt Ajayi is coming back, that is if his contract is up at the end of the season. Perhaps CCFC know this so decided that it makes best sense to get him off the wage bill? The answer will be if/when NW is asked about Ajayi next.

Maybe the idea with Halford was because he is a utility player he can come in be cover for multiple positions, at low cost, and then allow more than one squad player to leave? But it seems, other than Ajayi, no clubs have come in for our players who aren't getting games for us. But still a few hours left...

Blue in the Face

Hopefully the highlighted bit below means, if Ajayi does well he'll stay with us. Good luck to him...

NEW Rotherham United signing Semi Ajayi has revealed that he rebuffed rival interest to join the Millers.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport...move-1-8362868

The pacy Cardiff City defender, 23, has joined the Millers on loan for the rest of the season and could make his debut in this evening’s Championship game at Nottingham Forest.

The Millers also completed the permanent signing of Plymouth Argyle left-back Ben Purrington for a six-figure fee believed to be in the region of £300,000 yesterday and are confident of landing three more players ahead of the deadline - another defender, striker and a winger.

On joining the Millers, Ajayi, who had spells at Arsenal and Charlton earlier in his career, said: “There were quite a few other teams interested. But when I got the call from Rotherham, I made my mind up straightaway and I wanted to come.

“I was definitely looking to get more game time and Rotherham were able to offer that to me, so I was happy to come.

“We will see what happens and I need to speak to Cardiff about what happens with my future. I am just looking to playing as well as I can and what happens in the summer will happen.

“Hopefully, I can kick on and help the team go forward and I am at a key stage in my career and need to play (competitive) football.”

My Nan > Halford

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    My Nan > Halford
    Snap!! My Nan was known as the local bike shop too! Back in her more agile days...

Ajayi played the 90 minutes in Rotherham's 2-0 defeat at Forest, his first Championship action. Manager Paul Warne said "It was the worst performance of my time in charge. I was really pleased with Ajayi though, I thought he was really good."