+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: These Trump demonstrators

Blog Entries

Re: These Trump demonstrators

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    That is a shame. I guess that means you can just carry on saying whatever you think is true without any evidence then.
    Like you say things are not true without any evidence? is that better? to be 100% truthful when I first watched that vid I agreed with what she said before I had any idea who that woman was, you will notice from my other posts that feminism has been a bit of a hot topic for me lately and I have been reading a lot about it so what she said made sense to me, I was actually pretty gutted to find out who she was because then I felt like I was not allowed to agree with her, I should not feel like that should I?

I was reading this last night..

"Few feminists dare criticise Islam. To see why, look at the ones who do"
    http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2015/09...their-bravery/

"Over the weekend, a Muslim conference held near Paris was interrupted when two Femen activists stormed the stage during a talk given by two fundamentalist preachers. The focus of the talk was on the role of women in Islam and, according to Inna Shevchenko – Femen’s founder member – they were discussing why husbands should not beat their wives. The topless activists were then forcibly removed from the stage and kicked aggressively by a number of the event organisers. Irony doesn’t even cover it."

"Following their protest, the Femen activists have been subjected to calls on Twitter for them to be stoned and collectively raped. They have also been accused of only representing ‘white feminism’ despite the two activists being themselves from Muslim backgrounds. You may dismiss Femen’s tactics, you may call it ‘attention seeking’, but they fight for women’s rights in a way many would never dare. I wish other feminists were as outspoken and unapologetic in calling out genuine misogyny."

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    I haven't glossed over anything. We were discussing attitudes to Sharia law. The interviews in the study were conducted with willing participants, in their homes, and face to face. Which, I believe, would mean that the sample would not be reprsentative of the average person in any particular subset. Participants would have to be willing to have a stranger in their home, and to admit to frowned-upon or illegal thoughts, attitudes and behaviours.

My contention is that the study under-represented the support for Sharia law that truly exists amongst UK muslims.

Having lived on Severn Grove for twenty years, I've walked past the mosque at least 5,000 times. There are always people milling around outside, so I smile and nod approvingly, as I believe that fostering warm community relations begins with one's own behaviour. Sometimes I'm met with smiles.

What is apparent to me, having worked and volunteered as a tutor in the nearby Severn Rd Centre for twelve years (I stopped in 2014), is that there is very little desire to mix with non-muslims. I must have tutored at least twenty Muslim women in that time and if I saw them in the street they would invariably ignore my hello, especially if they were with their children or friends. Included in that sad behaviour was a white convert to Islam, originally from Gwaen Cae Gurwen, who completely blanked me in Grangetown when I passed her. There was one Bengali woman who'd say hi but she was, let's say, intellectually challenged.

All of these women were very friendly to me in class, but I'd imagine that talking to me on the street would have drawn huge disapprobation.

When it comes to community relations I've talked the talk and walked the walk. My children and grandchildren are all mixed nationality/race, I've had long term relationships with Africans, Indians and Orientals. I've worked in schools in inner-city Bradford, I've volunteered to teach numeracy and literacy to immigrants. At university I chose to live with Africans and Indians and wrote my dissertation on institutional racism. I was in the Anti-Nazi League.

I have very few racist tendencies, compared to most people.

However, multiculturalism, as promoted by the globalists has, is and will cause problems that are entirely avoidable. The migration of millions of muslims into western Europe will destabilise the countries involved and lead to much greater levels of conflict than we are currently experiencing.

In my opinion.
    That is all wonderful and I am sure you are a great guy who has taught loads of horrible Muslims to count but can someone just tell me to what extent Sharia law is being used in the UK? So many people seem bothered but no one knows or does the truth not support their narrative.

This entire conversation since the video was supposed to be about the major problems that women face and how this is not reflected within the feminist movement. Is Sharia law a threat to women? Surely it would have to actually be happening or at least possible for this to be the case.

Support for the death penalty has remained pretty stready since the last executions. Some polls even show that British people would like it back, public opinion means nothing and the public opinion of a minority (which is what you are referring to) means even less.

You are trying to scare people about something that simply isn't a threat to them.

That is all wonderful and I am sure you are a great guy who has taught loads of horrible Muslims to count but can someone just tell me to what extent Sharia law is being used in the UK? So many people seem bothered but no one knows or does the truth not support their narrative.

This entire conversation since the video was supposed to be about the major problems that women face and how this is not reflected within the feminist movement. Is Sharia law a threat to women? Surely it would have to actually be happening or at least possible for this to be the case.

Support for the death penalty has remained pretty stready since the last executions. Some polls even show that British people would like it back, public opinion means nothing and the public opinion of a minority (which is what you are referring to) means even less.

You are trying to scare people about something that simply isn't a threat to them.
    Apologies for the pointlessly rude first sentence, having a shit day.

Wow

I bet those girls felt that "cultural enrichment" for days after.

Apologies for the pointlessly rude first sentence, having a shit day.
    No worries. I hope that your day improves. I wish that we could all get along but there are too many psychopaths of all colours and creeds for that to be possible. I loved living in Bradford - i was there for 10 years - and enjoyed the company of many people of Pakistani and Indian descent. However the 911 attacks changed people's attitude to Islam, including how many muslims feel about their own faith.

I blame the globalists, NOT the muslims for the problems in society.

Blog Entries

No worries. I hope that your day improves. I wish that we could all get along but there are too many psychopaths of all colours and creeds for that to be possible. I loved living in Bradford - i was there for 10 years - and enjoyed the company of many people of Pakistani and Indian descent. However the 911 attacks changed people's attitude to Islam, including how many muslims feel about their own faith.

100% this

Don't mention the globalists! You will be tagged as a looney by some of our esteemed posters