+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: These Trump demonstrators

Blog Entries

Re: These Trump demonstrators

Quote Originally Posted by goslow View Post
    I would
    She is a pretty girl, not a man hater either which is a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    I will prob get slated for this but I agree with what Marion Maréchal-Le Pen says about those crazy feminists

C'est magnifique!

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    C'est magnifique!
    Viva Frexit!

Blog Entries

C'est magnifique!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Viva Frexit!

I will prob get slated for this but I agree with what Marion Maréchal-Le Pen says about those crazy feminists

I was really surprised when her point about feminism suddenly became about Muslims instead, I definitely didn't expect that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I was really surprised when her point about feminism suddenly became about Muslims instead, I definitely didn't expect that.
    Why not? can you not see the connection?

Why not? can you not see the connection?
    Which one?

Blog Entries

Which one?
    The one about Sharia law being applied in certain parts of France.

The one about Sharia law being applied in certain parts of France.
    I don't know if it is or isn't. We have people in this country who overplay the prevalence and impact of certain cultural practices like that so I don't really know who to believe.

Blog Entries

I don't know if it is or isn't. We have people in this country who overplay the prevalence and impact of certain cultural practices like that so I don't really know who to believe.
    You don't know but thought you would point out that she mentioned Muslims anyway?

You don't know but thought you would point out that she mentioned Muslims anyway?
    Do you know?

Blog Entries

Do you know?
    I'm not the one trying to score political points by bringing up that she mentioned Muslims am I? do you think she knows?

I'm not the one trying to score political points by bringing up that she mentioned Muslims am I? do you think she knows?
    The whole speech is based on the idea that feminists are concentrating on non-issues like equality at work and conveniently ignoring the major problems that women face. She lists these as Sharia Law and the NYE sex attacks in Germany.

You said you agree with her, do you agree that Sharia Law is the major problem facing women in western countries such as France?

I don't know if I trust her to tell the truth about the existence of Sharia law in France. I can't decide that from a 3 minute video but I do know that similarly believable people have made exaggerations about it in this country.

Her comments about abortion are compelling and poignent on a personal level but it is hard to determine what she believes in.

The whole speech is based on the idea that feminists are concentrating on non-issues like equality at work and conveniently ignoring the major problems that women face. She lists these as Sharia Law and the NYE sex attacks in Germany.

You said you agree with her, do you agree that Sharia Law is the major problem facing women in western countries such as France?

I don't know if I trust her to tell the truth about the existence of Sharia law in France. I can't decide that from a 3 minute video but I do know that similarly believable people have made exaggerations about it in this country.

Her comments about abortion are compelling and poignent on a personal level but it is hard to determine what she believes in.
    I liked the way she drew attention to the literally unholy alliance between radical Islamists, LGBTQs and Feminists. Never in the history of humanity have three more disparate groups been drawn together. And you can bet your bottom Euro that most Muslims despise feminists and abhor LGBTQs.

One question Eric: in your opinion, is the notion of Sharia Law becoming more or less popular, in absolute or percentage terms, amongst Western Europe's muslims?

Blog Entries

I agree that feminists are concentrating on non-issues in general, not just in France, I can only go on what I'm told the same as you about Sharia law but as far as I'm aware women living under SL in this country don't have the same rights when it's comes to family law, divorce, inheritance ect, if that is the case then we have two lots of women living in the same country with different rights? surely you agree that the feminists should be addressing that? instead they moan about the price of tampons, slag off men and harass scientists that don't agree with them.

I liked the way she drew attention to the literally unholy alliance between radical Islamists, LGBTQs and Feminists. Never in the history of humanity have three more disparate groups been drawn together. And you can bet your bottom Euro that most Muslims despise feminists and abhor LGBTQs.

One question Eric: in your opinion, is the notion of Sharia Law becoming more or less popular, in absolute or percentage terms, amongst Western Europe's muslims?
    I am guessing since you are asking that there is a poll that shows it rising. I would imagine that to be more likely a result of a changing population than a hardening of views. I see the value in facts and I have never seen a coherent factual article or piece about Sharia Law, it is always soundbites, scaremongering and rhetoric.

Is this the bit where we all pretend that everyone is teaming up to come after 'the white man'? I just don't see it myself.

I agree that feminists are concentrating on non-issues in general, not just in France, I can only go on what I'm told the same as you about Sharia law but as far as I'm aware women living under SL in this country don't have the same rights when it's comes to family law, divorce, inheritance ect, if that is the case then we have two lots of women living in the same country with different rights? surely you agree that the feminists should be addressing that? instead they moan about the price of tampons, slag off men and harass scientists that don't agree with them.
    If it is prevalent and allowing people to circumvent or overwrite the law of the land then it should be legislated against. I just don't see the value of rhetoric. If it is a problem, say where and how many people it is affecting then fix it so that everyone follows the same rules.

People tend to notice what affects them, Sharia Law doesn't affect them so they don't mention it.

I am guessing since you are asking that there is a poll that shows it rising. I would imagine that to be more likely a result of a changing population than a hardening of views. I see the value in facts and I have never seen a coherent factual article or piece about Sharia Law, it is always soundbites, scaremongering and rhetoric.

Is this the bit where we all pretend that everyone is teaming up to come after 'the white man'? I just don't see it myself.
    I don't have any facts about Sharia law. They are probably hard to come by as many muslims may be reluctant to admit they adhere to a controversial (in Western Europe) system that is at odds with the constitutional/common/civil/statutory law of the host country.

Stacey Dooley's BBC(!) documentary about her return to Luton did feature her discussing Sharia law with some muslims. It's about 4 mins into this clip:

Last edited by severncity; 07-02-17 at 21:46.

Well, that video will warm the heart of any multiculturalist around here, and concern everyone else. Everyone else will include all the thick, racist, unsophisticated (perm any two from three) Brexit voters who don't fancy living with neighbours who dress like Life of Brian extras who refuse to integrate, and prefer the sovereignty of Parliament to that of less accountable European bureaucrats.

Turning to Donald Trump, the agenda in the USA appears to want to make the country chaotic and perhaps ungovernable judging by the unremitting attacks from the corporate media. I have no doubt he is a willing stooge, but will be surprised if they choose that convoluted process to invoke economic collapse when they can wait for the election of Wilders or Le Pen or both in the next few months to instigate a Euro currency crisis that'll infect all Western economies.

Blog Entries

I don't have any facts about Sharia law. They are probably hard to come by as many muslims may be reluctant to admit they adhere to a controversial (in Western Europe) system that is at odds with the constitutional/common/civil/statutory law of the host country.

Stacey Dooley's BBC(!) documentary about her return to Luton did feature her discussing Sharia law with some muslims. It's about 4 mins into this clip:

I have not seen that, quite worrying.
    I've seen Stacey on other things, I like her, she's a lovely girl, you don't often see her arguing with people like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Well, that video will warm the heart of any multiculturalist around here, and concern everyone else. Everyone else will include all the thick, racist, unsophisticated (perm any two from three) Brexit voters who don't fancy living with neighbours who dress like Life of Brian extras who refuse to integrate, and prefer the sovereignty of Parliament to that of less accountable European bureaucrats.

Turning to Donald Trump, the agenda in the USA appears to want to make the country chaotic and perhaps ungovernable judging by the unremitting attacks from the corporate media. I have no doubt he is a willing stooge, but will be surprised if they choose that convoluted process to invoke economic collapse when they can wait for the election of Wilders or Le Pen or both in the next few months to instigate a Euro currency crisis that'll infect all Western economies.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Let's pretend for a moment that Trump is actually serious about ending globalisation. If that is the case how would he do it differently? He has to go against those who support open borders and free trade. We mostly know who is on Team Globalisation, as they are slowly emerging from the shadows. What we are witnessing is a coordinated attack on Trump, and I have no doubt that an economic collapse is a part of the plan.

In saying that, it is also possible he's playing a role in the above, and that is why I am still on the fence.
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 08-02-17 at 07:53.

That is a shame. I guess that means you can just carry on saying whatever you think is true without any evidence then.

That is a shame. I guess that means you can just carry on saying whatever you think is true without any evidence then.
    Do you understand the difference between evidence and facts?

http://vspages.com/facts-vs-evidence-2730/

Here is some evidence that muslims in western European countries want Sharia law. It is a survey carried out in 2013 by WZB, a Berlin-based social science research organisation, which asked Muslim immigrants in six countries their opinion as to whether Sharia law should supersede the host nation's laws.

https://www.wzb.eu/sites/default/fil...nglisch_ed.pdf

Here is some more evidence showing that, amongst other things, 23% of UK muslims want Sharia law instigated in certain parts of this country:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ity-sharia-law
    Last edited by severncity; 08-02-17 at 11:24.

Do you understand the difference between evidence and facts?

http://vspages.com/facts-vs-evidence-2730/

Here is some evidence that muslims in western European countries want Sharia law. It is a survey carried out in 2013 by WZB, a Berlin-based social science research organisation, which asked Muslim immigrants in six countries their opinion as to whether Sharia law should supersede the host nation's laws.

https://www.wzb.eu/sites/default/fil...nglisch_ed.pdf

Here is some more evidence showing that, amongst other things, 23% of UK muslims want Sharia law instigated in certain parts of this country:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ity-sharia-law
    You seem to have glossed over this part of the guardian article

"the research suggests that 86% of British Muslims feel a strong sense of belonging in Britain, which is higher than the national average of 83%. A large majority (91%) of the British Muslims who took part in the survey said they felt a strong sense of belonging in their local area, which is higher than the national average of 76%."

Same poll claims that 52% of muslims think homosexuality should be illegal. Well guess what, fifty years ago it WAS illegal. It would be interesting to see what the results would be if you ran the same poll with of Catholics, Jews, Jehovah's Witnesses, Baptists etc

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    You seem to have glossed over this part of the guardian article

"the research suggests that 86% of British Muslims feel a strong sense of belonging in Britain, which is higher than the national average of 83%. A large majority (91%) of the British Muslims who took part in the survey said they felt a strong sense of belonging in their local area, which is higher than the national average of 76%."

Same poll claims that 52% of muslims think homosexuality should be illegal. Well guess what, fifty years ago it WAS illegal. It would be interesting to see what the results would be if you ran the same poll with of Catholics, Jews, Jehovah's Witnesses, Baptists etc
    I haven't glossed over anything. We were discussing attitudes to Sharia law. The interviews in the study were conducted with willing participants, in their homes, and face to face. Which, I believe, would mean that the sample would not be reprsentative of the average person in any particular subset. Participants would have to be willing to have a stranger in their home, and to admit to frowned-upon or illegal thoughts, attitudes and behaviours.

My contention is that the study under-represented the support for Sharia law that truly exists amongst UK muslims.

Having lived on Severn Grove for twenty years, I've walked past the mosque at least 5,000 times. There are always people milling around outside, so I smile and nod approvingly, as I believe that fostering warm community relations begins with one's own behaviour. Sometimes I'm met with smiles.

What is apparent to me, having worked and volunteered as a tutor in the nearby Severn Rd Centre for twelve years (I stopped in 2014), is that there is very little desire to mix with non-muslims. I must have tutored at least twenty Muslim women in that time and if I saw them in the street they would invariably ignore my hello, especially if they were with their children or friends. Included in that sad behaviour was a white convert to Islam, originally from Gwaen Cae Gurwen, who completely blanked me in Grangetown when I passed her. There was one Bengali woman who'd say hi but she was, let's say, intellectually challenged.

All of these women were very friendly to me in class, but I'd imagine that talking to me on the street would have drawn huge disapprobation.

When it comes to community relations I've talked the talk and walked the walk. My children and grandchildren are all mixed nationality/race, I've had long term relationships with Africans, Indians and Orientals. I've worked in schools in inner-city Bradford, I've volunteered to teach numeracy and literacy to immigrants. At university I chose to live with Africans and Indians and wrote my dissertation on institutional racism. I was in the Anti-Nazi League.

I have very few racist tendencies, compared to most people.

However, multiculturalism, as promoted by the globalists has, is and will cause problems that are entirely avoidable. The migration of millions of muslims into western Europe will destabilise the countries involved and lead to much greater levels of conflict than we are currently experiencing.

In my opinion.