+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Thank you Neil Warnock

Thank you Neil Warnock

Really pleased at what you have done so far.

We were woeful before you came to manage us.
    I feel we are only getting better week by week.
    With a little luck and belief that 6th spot might still be in reach.

For anyone laughing at that I feel they will admit to also being pleased that we have a healthy gap now away from the bottom places.

Have a Gin and Tonic on me Neil.

Re: Thank you Neil Warnock

Yes third win in a row at home and we are looking up instead of down
    G and T it is !

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post

For anyone laughing at that I feel they will admit to also being pleased that we have a healthy gap now away from the bottom places.

We played well tonight, I thought is was a pretty comfortable win with a very good first half performance setting up the 3 points. I hope that even Chepstow will find some positives in tonight's win although I will not hold my breath

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post

If 75 points is roughly what is required to make the playoffs we need 2.2 points a game between now and May. That form over a season would give you 101 points.

While 10 points behind Derby (in 6th) doesn't appear to be much, they need 1.61 points a game to get to 75 points (because of their game in hand), which equates to roughly 74 points over the course of the season, so they're on track.

At current rates, Derby would be on 60 points after 37 games. For us to be on 60 points after 37 games we'd need to win all of them.

For us to get to 75 points would mean winning 13, losing 4 or winning 12, drawing 3 and losing 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    If 75 points is roughly what is required to make the playoffs we need 2.2 points a game between now and May. That form over a season would give you 101 points.

While 10 points behind Derby (in 6th) doesn't appear to be much, they need 1.61 points a game to get to 75 points (because of their game in hand), which equates to roughly 74 points over the course of the season, so they're on track.

At current rates, Derby would be on 60 points after 37 games. For us to be on 60 points after 37 games we'd need to win all of them.

For us to get to 75 points would mean winning 13, losing 4 or winning 12, drawing 3 and losing 2.

So you're saying there's a chance yeah? Positive attitude. I like it!

I don't think the play offs are realistic this season but is this the first time we've been closer to the play offs than the relegation zone this season?

We could finish where we are now, and you know what? I'd still be thanking Neil Warnock. For making going to games enjoyable again, for bringing some passion and belief to the team, for making me feel like I'm getting value for my money.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    We could finish where we are now, and you know what? I'd still be thanking Neil Warnock. For making going to games enjoyable again, for bringing some passion and belief to the team, for making me feel like I'm getting value for my money.
    I agree with this but looking at the table at the moment then top 10 could actually be possible, which is unbelievable when you consider where we were and the fact that we've spent no money and shipped out more than we've brought in.

Top half would do me after the nightmare of the last few seasons on and off the pitch. You can see the players are actually enjoying themselves again.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I agree with this but looking at the table at the moment then top 10 could actually be possible, which is unbelievable when you consider where we were and the fact that we've spent no money and shipped out more than we've brought in.
    Yeah I know what you mean. It's as if we gave everyone else a head start.
    This team, with Warnock in charge from the start of the season and we'd be easily top six by now, no question in my mind.

Last night was one of the few times I can remember both enjoying a home game and Cardiff City playing with confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Escæpe Gøæts View Post
    Last night was one of the few times I can remember both enjoying a home game and Cardiff City playing with confidence.
    Indeed - I actually enjoyed the last 15 minutes for a change, as the result didn't appear to be in any doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Escæpe Gøæts View Post
    Last night just may be the spark that changes the season for Zahore ?
    Just watch the next couple of games...

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Last night just may be the spark that changes the season for Zahore ?
    Just watch the next couple of games...
    He's been waiting until the end of the transfer window to be brilliant to make sure we don't sell him, as he wants to continue playing for the greatest team in football the world has ever seen

We'll have a much better idea after the next 3 games as we'll have caught up 3 points at least on Derby, Leeds and Norwich if we win them all. There is then the smallest of outside chances of top 6. If we don't, then that's basically it if it's not already too far-fetched.

We still have to win 5 to be sure of staying up, so winning the next 3 would be very helpful for that goal too...