+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Emyr Huws loaned out

Re: Emyr Huws loaned out

Scored the winner today v Villa

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Scored the winner today v Villa
    With Tom Lawrence saving their otherwise dour season and Huws' winner today, maybe Ipswich will be thinking about their own Welsh way

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    I seem to remember him "playing" against Fulham and he was rubbish
    I think it's fair to judge him on a number of games instead of one. He has made a very good start for Ipswich & hopefully this continues & he returns to us very much part of Warnock's plans for next season

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    I think it's fair to judge him on a number of games instead of one. He has made a very good start for Ipswich & hopefully this continues & he returns to us very much part of Warnock's plans for next season
    I'm hoping Huws comes back and pushes for a starting place and we sign Lawrence (not that he would want to come here)

Think its okay having these players but not at any cost , if as reported Huws took a voluntary pay cut because of a conflict between Warnock and Mccarthy on who pays what, well done NW and the city for sticking to their guns ,as the lad wasn't delivering value for money .
    I'm guessing that's why Okeefe and Kennedy went , good players but overpaid for squad players .

At last a sensible value for money sensible policy is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Think its okay having these players but not at any cost , if as reported Huws took a voluntary pay cut because of a conflict between Warnock and Mccarthy on who pays what, well done NW and the city for sticking to their guns ,as the lad wasn't delivering value for money .
    I'm guessing that's why Okeefe and Kennedy went , good players but overpaid for squad players .

What conflict? According to Warnock Huws said he would take a pay cut to enable him to get game time.

I am not aware of any conflict, only that Huws was earning more than what Ipswich were able to pay so rather than sit on his backside & collect his wages he decided to forgo some money in return for playing time.

I doubt we will see O'Keefe in a City shirt again as I don't think that Warnock rates him. Kennedy on the other hand has been loaned out so that Warnock can see him playing competitive football on a regular basis & if he keeps up his current form I think that he will play a part for us next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    What conflict? According to Warnock Huws said he would take a pay cut to enable him to get game time.
    It's reported there was a conflict on the loan day so my point is Ipswich have deemed his wages are over the odds for his worth

At least we still have Kennedy.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I'm hoping Huws comes back and pushes for a starting place and we sign Lawrence (not that he would want to come here)
    I would love that too. Think Lawrence has elevated his value beyond our price range now. The time to have signed him would have been last summer. Was Lawrence's experience so bad that he wouldn't want to re-join us though?

You might be on to something here. Was Who's on a big appearance bonus??

I think perhaps though he's just not a Warnock type player? In that he's very calm and measured, wheras Warnock likes combative blood and guts type players.

I'm a bit pissed off Warnock never gave him a chance to be honest. Maybe it was a cost issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    I would love that too. Think Lawrence has elevated his value beyond our price range now. The time to have signed him would have been last summer. Was Lawrence's experience so bad that he wouldn't want to re-join us though?

You might be on to something here. Was Who's on a big appearance bonus??

I think perhaps though he's just not a Warnock type player? In that he's very calm and measured, wheras Warnock likes combative blood and guts type players.

I'm a bit pissed off Warnock never gave him a chance to be honest. Maybe it was a cost issue.
    He was poor for us though in all his appearances, PT didn't pick him either and when he did, he let him down big time at PNE. The best case scenario is he plays outstandingly well for Ipswich, so we either sell him for big(ish) money or he comes back into our first team.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He was poor for us though in all his appearances, PT didn't pick him either and when he did, he let him down big time at PNE. The best case scenario is he plays outstandingly well for Ipswich, so we either sell him for big(ish) money or he comes back into our first team.
    He was never available for Trollope as he was injured up until his last game or two, by which time the whole squad's form was in the dumps. Bit of a nightmare scenario for him to come into the team on top of lacking match time.

Hopefully smashes it at Ipswich like you say. I'm not holding out much hope of him getting a chance for us next year if Warncock is still here though.

Easily.

I think he will be starting in the premier league next year.

Or for Leicester in the championship!.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Easily.

I think he will be starting in the premier league next year.

Or for Leicester in the championship!.
    Think you're right M'lord. Leicester have played it smart by appreciating his potential and holding onto him despite an underwhelming time with us under Slade.

He was never available for Trollope as he was injured up until his last game or two, by which time the whole squad's form was in the dumps. Bit of a nightmare scenario for him to come into the team on top of lacking match time.

Hopefully smashes it at Ipswich like you say. I'm not holding out much hope of him getting a chance for us next year if Warncock is still here though.
    That's not true, he came off the bench in our third league game of the season, started at PNE and we had 4 games after that with PT. Trollope didn't give him a go when our midfield was absolutely hopeless so there must have been something off. He's started like a house on fire at Ipswich too but vs Fulham he was hopeless. I don't think Warnock fancies him but he's been very complimentary about his attitude so hopefully he can be a "new signing" for us next year or we can get some money for him. It doesn't always work out for everyone but I wish him well whatever happens.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    That's not true, he came off the bench in our third league game of the season, started at PNE and we had 4 games after that with PT. Trollope didn't give him a go when our midfield was absolutely hopeless so there must have been something off. He's started like a house on fire at Ipswich too but vs Fulham he was hopeless. I don't think Warnock fancies him but he's been very complimentary about his attitude so hopefully he can be a "new signing" for us next year or we can get some money for him. It doesn't always work out for everyone but I wish him well whatever happens.
    I had it my head that the PNE was Trollope's penultimate game. You're right, I'd forgotten that sub appearence/s. Very few minutes if I can remember right. But all irrelevant now I suppose anyway. Going forward, it would be amazing if Who's can prove himself to be the player I've hyped him up to be at Ipswich.