+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FFP

FFP

With Sheffield Wed spending 10 million on Rhodes, how does it work?

Are we the only team in the league who this rule applies to?

Blue in the Face

Re: FFP

My theory is a few clubs are "doubling down" on their bets. Fines and penalties will be dished out in coming seasons for the losers. But any winners will be sorted out by PL money.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    With Sheffield Wed spending 10 million on Rhodes, how does it work?

Are we the only team in the league who this rule applies to?
    Absolutely not!!

It applies to all teams that play their home games in a Welsh capital city.

To be honest I feel far happier about bringing players through than I would do with paying what are now stupid prices for mediocre players. £10M for Rhodes FFS?!?

If this heralds a move back towards becoming a club that develops it's own players again then I will be very happy. You actually have a bond with the players having watched them come through and develop, rather than see them parachuted in on big money and generally not give a shit as they think they're beyond us.

I'm assuming that the payments are staggered so that they only have, say, £2.5m spent on Rhodes this season, £2.5m the season after that and so on

The £10m figure could also include potential add-ons

This video that explains FFP pretty well, I think

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    To be honest I feel far happier about bringing players through than I would do with paying what are now stupid prices for mediocre players. £10M for Rhodes FFS?!?

If this heralds a move back towards becoming a club that develops it's own players again then I will be very happy. You actually have a bond with the players having watched them come through and develop, rather than see them parachuted in on big money and generally not give a shit as they think they're beyond us.
    Absolutely. Transfer values are still out of hand and is now becoming more and more entrenched in the championship.

A front 4 of McCormack, Rhodes, Richie and Pritchard could set you back roughly £45m. A half of what the Premiership pays and even then I don't believe they're good enough to keep you up.