+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fantastic, positive vibes tonight but...

Fantastic, positive vibes tonight but...

Let's not get carried away. They had about 3 or 4 decent chances inside our box and seemingly plenty of time with them too, but their shooting was woeful thankfully.

We're very much still developing as a side and as a playing philosophy, but it's great to watch and they all seem to be enjoying themselves again.

Up the City!

Re: Fantastic, positive vibes tonight but...

Whatever happens between now and May, for me these last four months have been the most enjoyable since the 2011/12 season.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Let's not get carried away. They had about 3 or 4 decent chances inside our box and seemingly plenty of time with them too, but their shooting was woeful thankfully.

We're very much still developing as a side and as a playing philosophy, but it's great to watch and they all seem to be enjoying themselves again.

Up the City!
    Don't forget we also hit the bar before the break and Zohore could easily have had a second, so arguably we should have been further away. I think we were comfortably in charge of that game other than about 10 - 15 minutes after half time when they pushed to try and get back in the game.

The game was pretty open. A goal for them and it might have got messy.
    For once luck went our way.

Long time since I've seen so many City players beat men.
    Harris and Hoilett gave their right back a tuning, and Zohore's run for his goal. Left 3 defenders for dead.

Game died a bit last 20, but apart from that was a decent bit of entertainment.

Pity there wasn't a few more there to see it.

Nice to see McGregor have a decent game.

Lots of positives against a decent looking Preston side.

Also, another strange refereeing performance.
    I thought for a while he was just letting players be physical, then he seemed to give a run of free kicks.

He clearly doesn't like Hoilett- he allowed him to be battered without giving him a sniff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Also, another strange refereeing performance.
    I thought for a while he was just letting players be physical, then he seemed to give a run of free kicks.

He clearly doesn't like Hoilett- he allowed him to be battered without giving him a sniff.
    Yes, quite a few incidents left our players flattened for some time until the ball went out and the ref finally went over to have a look.

Don't get me wrong in this thread - I thoroughly enjoyed last night and I'm very optimistic but there was even talk of the play offs on here! Had Preston taken their chances it would be a completely different tone on here.

We are certainly moving in the right direction.

Onwards and upwards!

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Whatever happens between now and May, for me these last four months have been the most enjoyable since the 2011/12 season.
    This.

And let's not forget how shit the conditions were last night.

For me the most satisfying performance this season. Bamba marked no.25 Hugill out of the game. The wingers were getting down the flanks and causing problems. Zohore seems to improve with every game. McGregor brought off a great save and is settling in nicely. Gunnars was Gunnars. Very pleased and a good night to be a City fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Apart from giving him the softest of penalties.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Apart from giving him the softest of penalties.
    If you'd seen the whole game you would have noticed him getting flattened a few times and the ref just waving the play on.

Perhaps the ref did this because he thought he'd been conned ?