+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Exit door revolving as City loan out six players

Exit door revolving as City loan out six players

Busy 24 hours of departures

On Monday Cardiff loaned out Semi Ajayi to Rotherham and Ben Wilson to Rochdale.

At team time on Tuesday it was confirmed the Adam Le Fondre (yes, he's still a City player) had ended his loan at Wigan to allow him to be loaned to Bolton, a club he's been loaned to previously.

Then after Cardiff's 2 - 0 win over Preston a further three players were confirmed as leaving.

Matt Kennedy is going to Plymouth, Emyr Huws is off to Ipswich while Stuart O'Keefe is joining MK Dons.

All players on loan until the end of the season.

Speaking about tonight's moves the Gaffer explained how Emyr Huws wanted to go and play.

"There aren't many lads like Emyr," said Warnock.

"He came to see me and said he'd take a drop in wages to play. How many people say that, everybody just wants to stay put normally. He wanted to go. I was going to do a swap and unfortunately the player I wanted to swap was injured.

"I didn't want to stop him and Mick's (McCarthy) a great pal of mine. I thought it'd give them another body really.

"Stuart O'Keefe's gone to MK Dons to get some game time and Matthew Kennedy's just about completed his move to Plymouth on loan aswell.

"In Kennedy's case, I want to watch the videos. He needs to have a lot of games. He's got to come back in pre-season and give it a go really."

C:WindowsTempphp3BB7.tmp

No players came in.

"I’m disappointed that we didn’t get our other targets," added the Cardiff manager.

"We probably should've handled it a little differently and we might have got one or two in. For one thing or another it hasnt happened. We'll muck on with what we've got really.

"I need to see Rhys (Healey) and I think he’s got a great future. People like Kadeem Harris are improving all the time.

"Sometimes I believe in fate. Sometimes someone gets injured and someone else comes in. I don't worry too much like I used to do when I was younger."

But Warnock was less than impressed with the decision to play a round of matches on deadline day

"It's a nightmare and a disgrace [putting a game on transfer deadline day]," Warnock said.

"You can't tell me the FA can't plan it where there's not a game.

"This afternoon, I should've been resting. I went to have a kip for half an hour and my phone went 20 times. It's a disgrace.

"It's typical of the FA that they haven't got the time or the inclination to try to help clubs and managers.

"They haven't obviously been in our situation. They don't know about how the phones are bloody ringing every five, 10 minutes. They haven't got a bloody clue.

"I won't get a striker until the summer now. We still want a top quality one to push Ken [Zohore], you need two in this league," Warnock said.

"I'm not really happy with the way the window has gone. I was close to bringing someone in on two or three occasions today.

"We could've gone for a lad I wanted at 5pm but his agent didn't ring me back until 10pm."

Last edited by Michael Morris; 01-02-17 at 00:15.

Re: Exit door revolving as City loan out six players

Glad Emyr said that to get some game time. After that FA Cup performance I was surprised that he actually wanted to play football at all

^^This^^

The players going out on loan is good too.
    These players will experience playing 1st team football and should come back motivated.
    It will also give NW a better idea of whether they are good enough or not over playing for the DVP.

Bit disappointing regarding not getting anyone in, but if Neil says we have enough then I would agree that we have enough (to survive)
    We kick on in the close season with some cash at our disposal.

"I won't get a striker until the summer now. We still want a top quality one to push Ken [Zohore], you need two in this league," Warnock said.

Pleased with this quote from Warnock as suggests he is here for next season, he really has turned us around. Amazing really and players are unrecognisable from pre Warnock era !

This is similar to how we operated 2 years ago when it was blindly obvious we had no chance of promotion. Ship a load out and save some wages. The money saved might just pay for a player or two in the summer. Good business sense and good for the players loaned out to get match time.