I thought this post spoke a lot of sense from smakerzthebluebird. I don't think he'll have many replies

"In response to a question around who we are gonna sign and the posters claiming the club need to spend etc

Another laughable thread

Once again the same people who wish Mr Vincent Tan to make the club debt free are the ones asking for money to spend in the summer just how does that work? Do you want a debt free club so you can finally see the back of Mr Tan or do you not really care about seeing the back of him and just want to know the club are spending a few quid on players and being back in the position we were before?

Season ticket revenue means absolutely nothing to a championship club, £300 at 6000 extra is £1.8m that wouldn't even pay the wages of two players you guys are thinking about let alone fund their transfers add to that the loss of £8m in parachute payments and you are dreaming of you think 6000 more season tickets will even realistically see Warnock have £2m to spend on players in the close season

The only way you will see us do that is if we move on all players for fees that earn over £15k a week and bring in sensible but decent players to replace them and notice the BIG IF in that scenario it's not as if we've shifted anyone yet this month what hole have we got of shifting the overpaid deadwood we still have in the summer?

Unless Tan once again decides to gamble fall foul of FFP rules in the process and run up debt again then there is very little chance of anything but one or two signings in the summer

Hate to have to spell it out so simply but too many on here want exactly what they want without any thought or reason behind anything they actually say

Personally I'd rather us keep clearing the deadwood whilst living within our means and slowly add to the core of what we have and seek promotion the right way the sustainable way that won't see us really unbelievably on a wealthy owner or see us go through pain again should we get promoted and fail to stay up again

Finally if you want Tan to spend but also want the debt down you are and incredible hypocrite

I had one response saying they agreed with my logic

My point was purely the same people who want Mr tan out are calling for investment and now slamming he club for removing players and recovering funds that would be wasted should they stay here for 6 months I appreciate they shouldn't be here to start but that been and gone can only shape the future and if it helps offload them permanently in the summer it's a good move

Anyway in relation to my answer to a topic anyone care to shed light on how they can one minute want the debt down and tan out but the next they want him to open his chequebook and put us back into a debt ridden path again?"