+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A good post from ****

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: A good post from ****

It is the contradiction of the modern football fan. We want to see our club doing well and we want the excitement of seeing star players signing. Fans will flock down the stadium to see the star being unveiled, season ticket sales will rise and a buzz is created at the club.

However fans are also horrified about the club being in debt. The call the owner a crook, accuse him of pocketing money. The 2 positions are completely contradictory, but as fans we have all been in this situation to some extent. I imagine that club owners are confused with the message fans send to them.

We are in a position now where we are seeing a club like Wolves, who have no parachute payments, have no chance of promotion this season, and are below us in the league spending £13m on a player. I simply do not understand how they manage that, or how they manage that within FFP.

Re: A good post from ****

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    It is the contradiction of the modern football fan. We want to see our club doing well and we want the excitement of seeing star players signing. Fans will flock down the stadium to see the star being unveiled, season ticket sales will rise and a buzz is created at the club.

However fans are also horrified about the club being in debt. The call the owner a crook, accuse him of pocketing money. The 2 positions are completely contradictory, but as fans we have all been in this situation to some extent. I imagine that club owners are confused with the message fans send to them.

We are in a position now where we are seeing a club like Wolves, who have no parachute payments, have no chance of promotion this season, and are below us in the league spending £13m on a player. I simply do not understand how they manage that, or how they manage that within FFP.
    If they sign a player to a massive long term deal, the transfer gets amortised, so if you spend 13m over 6 years, that's only (only!!!) 2.2m a season. That's how they're getting round it. That's what they've done with Cavaleiro and Costa. You can lose 39m over three seasons, so I'm almost certain clubs like Wednesday are doubling down on their bets right now.