+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A good post from ****

A good post from ****

I thought this post spoke a lot of sense from smakerzthebluebird. I don't think he'll have many replies

"In response to a question around who we are gonna sign and the posters claiming the club need to spend etc

Another laughable thread

Once again the same people who wish Mr Vincent Tan to make the club debt free are the ones asking for money to spend in the summer just how does that work? Do you want a debt free club so you can finally see the back of Mr Tan or do you not really care about seeing the back of him and just want to know the club are spending a few quid on players and being back in the position we were before?

Season ticket revenue means absolutely nothing to a championship club, £300 at 6000 extra is £1.8m that wouldn't even pay the wages of two players you guys are thinking about let alone fund their transfers add to that the loss of £8m in parachute payments and you are dreaming of you think 6000 more season tickets will even realistically see Warnock have £2m to spend on players in the close season

The only way you will see us do that is if we move on all players for fees that earn over £15k a week and bring in sensible but decent players to replace them and notice the BIG IF in that scenario it's not as if we've shifted anyone yet this month what hole have we got of shifting the overpaid deadwood we still have in the summer?

Unless Tan once again decides to gamble fall foul of FFP rules in the process and run up debt again then there is very little chance of anything but one or two signings in the summer

Hate to have to spell it out so simply but too many on here want exactly what they want without any thought or reason behind anything they actually say

Personally I'd rather us keep clearing the deadwood whilst living within our means and slowly add to the core of what we have and seek promotion the right way the sustainable way that won't see us really unbelievably on a wealthy owner or see us go through pain again should we get promoted and fail to stay up again

Finally if you want Tan to spend but also want the debt down you are and incredible hypocrite

I had one response saying they agreed with my logic

My point was purely the same people who want Mr tan out are calling for investment and now slamming he club for removing players and recovering funds that would be wasted should they stay here for 6 months I appreciate they shouldn't be here to start but that been and gone can only shape the future and if it helps offload them permanently in the summer it's a good move

Anyway in relation to my answer to a topic anyone care to shed light on how they can one minute want the debt down and tan out but the next they want him to open his chequebook and put us back into a debt ridden path again?"

Re: A good post from ****

Whoever posted that over there is going to get banned

It is the contradiction of the modern football fan. We want to see our club doing well and we want the excitement of seeing star players signing. Fans will flock down the stadium to see the star being unveiled, season ticket sales will rise and a buzz is created at the club.

However fans are also horrified about the club being in debt. The call the owner a crook, accuse him of pocketing money. The 2 positions are completely contradictory, but as fans we have all been in this situation to some extent. I imagine that club owners are confused with the message fans send to them.

We are in a position now where we are seeing a club like Wolves, who have no parachute payments, have no chance of promotion this season, and are below us in the league spending £13m on a player. I simply do not understand how they manage that, or how they manage that within FFP.

Can't believe people are still bitter about Tan tbh.

He saved us from oblivion and we now sit in a modern comfortable stadium playing at a higher level than the vast majority of the past 47 years I can remember.

Ok, there was a red price to pay and he was rightly condemned for that, but since finally realising the error of his ways, what exactly has he done wrong? Why can't us fans let it go? We have now got pretty much everything we ever wanted

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post

He saved us from oblivion and we now sit in a modern comfortable stadium playing at a higher level than the vast majority of the past 47 years I can remember.

Ok, there was a red price to pay and he was rightly condemned for that, but since finally realising the error of his ways, what exactly has he done wrong? Why can't us fans let it go? We have now got pretty much everything we ever wanted
    Oh no no no.
    I'm still waiting for us to get relegated to division 4.
    Because looooads of fans said theyd rather be in division 4 in blue than the pl in red.

Jeez, most of the fans can't even hack being 15th in the championship in blue.

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    Oh no no no.
    Because looooads of fans said theyd rather be in division 4 in blue than the pl in red.

Showing your age there mate

I'm still bitter because I waited all my life to watch us play in the top division and that bastard took that away from me.

I've let it go as much as I can, and I don't think we're doing a lot wrong since Choo came in but I'll never forgive him.

.....and what's wrong with that?!(reply to TH63)

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    It is the contradiction of the modern football fan. We want to see our club doing well and we want the excitement of seeing star players signing. Fans will flock down the stadium to see the star being unveiled, season ticket sales will rise and a buzz is created at the club.

However fans are also horrified about the club being in debt. The call the owner a crook, accuse him of pocketing money. The 2 positions are completely contradictory, but as fans we have all been in this situation to some extent. I imagine that club owners are confused with the message fans send to them.

We are in a position now where we are seeing a club like Wolves, who have no parachute payments, have no chance of promotion this season, and are below us in the league spending £13m on a player. I simply do not understand how they manage that, or how they manage that within FFP.
    If they sign a player to a massive long term deal, the transfer gets amortised, so if you spend 13m over 6 years, that's only (only!!!) 2.2m a season. That's how they're getting round it. That's what they've done with Cavaleiro and Costa. You can lose 39m over three seasons, so I'm almost certain clubs like Wednesday are doubling down on their bets right now.

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    Oh no no no.

I didn't enjoy watching us play in red, at all. In fact, I stopped going. I know have the bug back, it was red and dead for me and I know I'm not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    .....and what's wrong with that?!(reply to TH63)
    Which bit?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I'm still bitter because I waited all my life to watch us play in the top division and that bastard took that away from me.

I've let it go as much as I can, and I don't think we're doing a lot wrong since Choo came in but I'll never forgive him.
    You didn't miss much!

Seriously though, I can see where you're coming from, I too waited my whole life to see us in the top league and wasn't going to let the red stop me, but I can tell you that it was tainted for me.
    I'm in no hurry to see us go up again to be honest, apart from the Man City and Jacks, most of that season was fairly forgettable and I can identify more with good honest pros than the overpaid pampered superstars that we would need in order to compete.

On a side note, I have to say I'm just really enjoying discussing football these days, rather than all the shite that went on in the red years.

I think it needs to be said that around this time a year ago Vincent Tan was getting lots of praise from City fans, myself included, for his announcement that the conversion of debt into equity was going to go through. We were told that the major portion of the debt (around £67 million I believe) would be converted into equity by the end of the financial year ending 31/5/16 to be followed by five more conversions of £8 million portions going through over the coming years.

It's been confirmed that the first of those £8 million conversions has gone through, but, as far as I'm aware, the one of £67 million hasn't - it was said months ago that Government approval in Malaysia would be required for such a large transaction and the delay was down to that, but it seems an awful long time in happening and I'm afraid that the cynic in me is thinking that it might never go through.

Therefore, while I agree with the sentiments behind that message, the situation is not quite as the writer sets it out to be - we may be further away from being debt free now than we were a year ago.

He didn't take it away from you, you did that yourself. He may have been wrong to change colours to red, but at the time there was an awful lot of fans that weren't bothered about the change after championship winning season. If the Club had remained in the PL the ground would still be full even if red was still the home kit.
    He's done more good than bad for the Club.

Perhaps we shouldn't judge Tan - either way - until he has concluded what he has said he intends to do.

The eggs look good. I hope they all turn out to be plump chickens when they all hatch.

Is there anyway he can invest in the playing side without the club getting hit by FFP?

Assume he was far richer and had money to blow how would he do this.

We all want the club to be secure but at the same time we must aspire to be in the top flight and as fans have excitement when we go to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think it needs to be said that around this time a year ago Vincent Tan was getting lots of praise from City fans, myself included, for his announcement that the conversion of debt into equity was going to go through. We were told that the major portion of the debt (around £67 million I believe) would be converted into equity by the end of the financial year ending 31/5/16 to be followed by five more conversions of £8 million portions going through over the coming years.

It's been confirmed that the first of those £8 million conversions has gone through, but, as far as I'm aware, the one of £67 million hasn't - it was said months ago that Government approval in Malaysia would be required for such a large transaction and the delay was down to that, but it seems an awful long time in happening and I'm afraid that the cynic in me is thinking that it might never go through.

Therefore, while I agree with the sentiments behind that message, the situation is not quite as the writer sets it out to be - we may be further away from being debt free now than we were a year ago.
    This is the big question. Not whether or not Jonny Hayes was worth another £150k.

There has been an absense of noise from Tan, Dalman and Choo since Warnock was appointed (generally that is to be welcomed) but I do want a detailed update on the debt to equity promise - and soon. Time to arrange Vincent's next annual Q & A?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    He didn't take it away from you, you did that yourself. He may have been wrong to change colours to red, but at the time there was an awful lot of fans that weren't bothered about the change after championship winning season. If the Club had remained in the PL the ground would still be full even if red was still the home kit.
    He's done more good than bad for the Club.
    That's your opinion. I couldn't help how I felt, how I hated going to watch games and that the whole thing deeply upset me. I wanted to try and enjoy going but I couldn't get past the kit. That's sad but that's what happened. All I know is I stopped going to games in our promotion winning season and to be perfectly honest, I wasn't devastated when we went down as it made a change to blue more likely. He also ran up a massive debt, let clowns like Simon Lim run the club so he's finally pulled his finger out recently, and fair play to him.

I think he's wrong about n the parachute payments.
    I'm pretty sure next year's payment is pretty much the same advice this years and we won't have the issues of paying off a whole load of highly paid players contracts that we had this summer.
    There should be some room for manoeuvre on the budget.
    However he will have to take some risk as there's unlikely to be the £7-8m of transfer income like we had come in this summer

the lack of walks on the beach with a Ice creams and a 69 disappoint some

A very realistic opening post. For the first transfer window ever I wasn't keen on seeing Reading splash out on new signings. We are £73 million in debt and have now been loaned £10 million by our prospective Chinese owners to fund this transfer window. All well and good but if the Chinese do not takeover and we don't go up we are staring at administration.

If Tan is genuinely clearing your debt then he will,in my view,have proven to have been a very decent owner long term.This may have been a quiet transfer window for Cardiff City but sometimes it is for the best.

That's your opinion. I couldn't help how I felt, how I hated going to watch games and that the whole thing deeply upset me. I wanted to try and enjoy going but I couldn't get past the kit. That's sad but that's what happened. All I know is I stopped going to games in our promotion winning season and to be perfectly honest, I wasn't devastated when we went down as it made a change to blue more likely. He also ran up a massive debt, let clowns like Simon Lim run the club so he's finally pulled his finger out recently, and fair play to him.
    Exactly how it happened for me so totally get that. Bit my lip until that Brighton game and then that was me done.

I want us to win every game but not sure I want promotion as it stands if that makes sense!!