+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wales online - jesus christ

Wales online - jesus christ

Don't get me wrong I understand we all have opinions.

But my god, do they employ people who don't even watch football?. Or do they purposly talk utter crap to get people like me moaning about it, driving hits to their website?.

IAN MITCHELMORE

Allan McGregor 7

Had little to deal with throughout the match but produced a smart save from Ben Pearson in the first half and turned in a solid all-round display.

Lee Peltier 7

Didn't put a foot wrong and put in a few useful challenges in the first half as Preston turned up the heat in a bid to rescue the match.

Sean Morrison (Capt) 7

Sean Morrison collides with Allan McGregor as they look to clear the ball (Photo: Huw Evans Picture Agency)
    Solid alongside Bamba at the back and helped to keep Hugill and then Beckford quiet as the Bluebirds keep Preston at bay.

Sol Bamba 7

Yet another solid, no-nonsense display that we've become accustomed to from the giant centre-back who kept Jordan Hugill quiet before subsequently keeping Jermaine Beckford in check during the second half.

Jazz Richards 7

A lively presence in defence and attack and put in a useful challenge on Republic of Ireland international Aiden McGeady late on to help the Bluebirds preserve their clean sheet.

Peter Whittingham 8

Fully justified his return to the starting line up with a coolly taken penalty to put Cardiff ahead, a neat assist for Zohore's stunner and an all-round tidy performance.

Joe Ralls 7

Very solid performance from the central midfielder once again who steadied the ship when Preston pressed in the second half.

Aron Gunnarsson 6

Was unable to have a real influence on many of Cardiff's attacks but took one where it hurts late on as he typified the spirit of Cardiff under Warnock.

Kadeem Harris 6

Caused Preston all sorts of problems with his pace in the first half but faded in the second half. Very impressive carries in a useful display.

Junior Hoilett (star man) 8

Looked the polar opposite of the frustrated figure that featured against Reading as he dragged Preston's defender around the pitch. Brought down for Whittingham's penalty and rarely put a foot wrong.

Kenneth Zohore 7

Led the line impressively and scored a truly sensational goal on 28 minutes to earn his side all three points.

-----------------------------------------------

Hoilett did one good thing to get the pen, that was it. He wasted numerous chances. Moans all around me everytime he messed it up. I hope we persist with him, but the star man?.

Gunnarsson was very, very good at doing what he was asked to do.. A 6 FFS?. He talks about getting hit in the balls as one of his high points?.

Whittingham scored but did little else. An 8?.

Bamba was also unbelievable good. A machine. A 7?.

Zohore was faultless. The defenders really couldn't handle him. Turned the game completely into one which we were pretty comfortable. A 7 is unfair!.

Preston are looking at the playoffs. We made them look quite average and in the end walked to a win. What more do they have to do to get decent ratings?.

99% of people on this forum would be able to give more accurate ratings.
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 01-02-17 at 09:59.

Re: Wales online - jesus christ

Usual nonsense that we would expect from WOL! Gunnar was MOTM in my opinion, assume Ken got it for his wonder goal but Gunnar was absolutely everywhere last night and even when he'd taken one to the plums he bounced back up and made 2 clearances from the box.

On the contrary i thought Hoilett was excellent. Yes he lost the ball in good situations twice but he was a constant outlet for us throughout the game and without him people wouldn't be saying that Whittingham had an excellent game.

Sometimes i think people go to games just to be critical.

Kadeem Harris decision making when he got into good positions was poor but those positions that he got into were created by his skill and endeavour.

With a lot of our players (Kadeem, Ken, Healey etc) we are not looking at finished articles, we are looking at developing players in a tough league. They will have good and bad games but if for example Kadeem had got just 1 or 2 of those decisions right when he tore their full back a new arse then we could have won 4-0 then everyone would have been saying hes the next Ronaldo on here and especially on **** where a player is definitely "only as good as his last game"

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    On the contrary i thought Hoilett was excellent. Yes he lost the ball in good situations twice but he was a constant outlet for us throughout the game and without him people wouldn't be saying that Whittingham had an excellent game.
    Junior had a good game, looked better than he has recently but still not sure he was MOTM like WOL have got him down as. He did well for the penatly and made a few good runs into the box, one of which was brilliant skill to turn 2 players buttook to look to stick a toe through it and got tackled. Still a solid performance but certainly not star player!

Quote Originally Posted by jnc90 View Post
    Junior had a good game, looked better than he has recently but still not sure he was MOTM like WOL have got him down as. He did well for the penatly and made a few good runs into the box, one of which was brilliant skill to turn 2 players buttook to look to stick a toe through it and got tackled. Still a solid performance but certainly not star player!
    I couldn't believe he didn't take on that shot with his left foot!
    I like Hoilett, he's one of the few players in our team that is worth the entrance fee when he's on his game. I think at times (like Saturday for instance) too much is expected from him when Warnock just set up to stop teams and spoil.

One thing is for certain he's a far better player when Whitts is playing and Whitts is a far better player when Hoilett is playing.

Sometimes i think people go to games just to be critical.

Kadeem Harris decision making when he got into good positions was poor but those positions that he got into were created by his skill and endeavour.

With a lot of our players (Kadeem, Ken, Healey etc) we are not looking at finished articles, we are looking at developing players in a tough league. They will have good and bad games but if for example Kadeem had got just 1 or 2 of those decisions right when he tore their full back a new arse then we could have won 4-0 then everyone would have been saying hes the next Ronaldo on here and especially on **** where a player is definitely "only as good as his last game"
    I hope he continues to play as he only needs to do 1 or 2 things of real quality to turn a game.

And maybe he will become consistent.

But, his end product is diabolical most of the time currently.

I thought Kadeem was very dangerous. He beats people with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post

But my god, do they employ people who don't even watch football?. Or do they purposly talk utter crap to get people like me moaning about it, driving hits to their website?.

IAN MITCHELMORE

Allan McGregor 7

Had little to deal with throughout the match but produced a smart save from Ben Pearson in the first half and turned in a solid all-round display.

Lee Peltier 7

Didn't put a foot wrong and put in a few useful challenges in the first half as Preston turned up the heat in a bid to rescue the match.

Sean Morrison (Capt) 7

Sean Morrison collides with Allan McGregor as they look to clear the ball (Photo: Huw Evans Picture Agency)
    Solid alongside Bamba at the back and helped to keep Hugill and then Beckford quiet as the Bluebirds keep Preston at bay.

Sol Bamba 7

Yet another solid, no-nonsense display that we've become accustomed to from the giant centre-back who kept Jordan Hugill quiet before subsequently keeping Jermaine Beckford in check during the second half.

Jazz Richards 7

A lively presence in defence and attack and put in a useful challenge on Republic of Ireland international Aiden McGeady late on to help the Bluebirds preserve their clean sheet.

Peter Whittingham 8

Fully justified his return to the starting line up with a coolly taken penalty to put Cardiff ahead, a neat assist for Zohore's stunner and an all-round tidy performance.

Joe Ralls 7

Very solid performance from the central midfielder once again who steadied the ship when Preston pressed in the second half.

Aron Gunnarsson 6

Was unable to have a real influence on many of Cardiff's attacks but took one where it hurts late on as he typified the spirit of Cardiff under Warnock.

Kadeem Harris 6

Caused Preston all sorts of problems with his pace in the first half but faded in the second half. Very impressive carries in a useful display.

Looked the polar opposite of the frustrated figure that featured against Reading as he dragged Preston's defender around the pitch. Brought down for Whittingham's penalty and rarely put a foot wrong.

Kenneth Zohore 7

Led the line impressively and scored a truly sensational goal on 28 minutes to earn his side all three points.

Hoilett did one good thing to get the pen, that was it. He wasted numerous chances. Moans all around me everytime he messed it up. I hope we persist with him, but the star man?.

Gunnarsson was very, very good at doing what he was asked to do.. A 6 FFS?. He talks about getting hit in the balls as one of his high points?.

Zohore was faultless. The defenders really couldn't handle him. Turned the game completely into one which we were pretty comfortable. A 7 is unfair!.

Preston are looking at the playoffs. We made them look quite average and in the end walked to a win. What more do they have to do to get decent ratings?.

When I saw the title I was sure we had made a last minute signing...

I couldn't believe he didn't take on that shot with his left foot!
    I like Hoilett, he's one of the few players in our team that is worth the entrance fee when he's on his game. I think at times (like Saturday for instance) too much is expected from him when Warnock just set up to stop teams and spoil.

One thing is for certain he's a far better player when Whitts is playing and Whitts is a far better player when Hoilett is playing.
    Yeah either his left foot or an old fashioned toe poke would have done the trick from that ramge with the defender closing in on him! Shame he didn't finish it because it was a lovely Kanu-esque turn!

Agree, he's certainly more threatening when Whitts is there to play him in down the channels, and Whitts has always worked well with attacking players who want to be on the front foot because however he's playing he can always pick out that pass!

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Jesus saves , Zohore nets the rebound.

Kadeem has been excellent recently and fully justifies his place in the starting XI ahead of Noone.
    His crossing may not be of the highest order but he can go past players easily to get in positions to cross the ball in. Once his delivery improves who knows how good he'll be.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Jesus saves , Zohore nets the rebound.

My lad saw this on their facebook page last night. Apparently, the original Peltier caption said that he'd made some good challenges in the second half as Preston tried to rescue the game. Someone pointed out that he'd gone off at half time, the caption was edited and the comment deleted (along with 5 others). If Gunnarsson was a 6 last night, I can't wait to see him put in an 8 or 9 performance.

Gunners was my man of the match by a country mile

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    My lad saw this on their facebook page last night. Apparently, the original Peltier caption said that he'd made some good challenges in the second half as Preston tried to rescue the game. Someone pointed out that he'd gone off at half time, the caption was edited and the comment deleted (along with 5 others). If Gunnarsson was a 6 last night, I can't wait to see him put in an 8 or 9 performance.
    More times than not these are written as early as possible, pictures included, so that it can be submitted on the whistle. Changes are then only made when needed - a goalscorer's rating upped, dismissed player's knocked down, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Good on crosses?

WoL have been doing this for years.
    Every player gets an inflated rating after a win, deflated rating after a loss.
    Doesn't matter how individuals actually performed.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Good on crosses?

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    JESUS SAVES!!! But Zohore scores on the rebound!

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    JESUS SAVES!!! But Zohore scores on the rebound!
    Peter Isgood
    For the older viewers

Thought Hoilett did well, particularly 1st half.
    Zohore brilliant for the goal, but looked fecked for the last 20 and could have done with coming off. He'd had a knock after about 35 minutes and it seemed to affect his movement.

Harris did some nice stuff but his final ball/ cross was dire.

Back 4 all fairly decent although there was a bit too much diving in from Bamba and Preston still had a few decent chances due to sloppiness.

Ralls was very good, some nice passes and constantly involved.

Whitts , some lovely passes, but also faded.

Gunnar was immense with his workrate, but not so good wth his passing. No surprise there. He's got to be player of the season so far. Since Warnock arrived he's been a monster.

Thought Connolly did well when he came on

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Peter Isgood
    For the older viewers
    I have just heard that Bristol City will pay whatever the asking price just to get him until the end of the sesaon

I'm shocked at this Mike. I thought he was nailed on

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    I'm shocked at this Mike. I thought he was nailed on

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post

IAN MITCHELMORE

Allan McGregor 7

Lee Peltier 7

Sean Morrison (Capt) 7

Sol Bamba 7

Jazz Richards 7

Peter Whittingham 8

Joe Ralls 7

Aron Gunnarsson 6

Kadeem Harris 6

Kenneth Zohore 7

Quite right. 'Dick,' scored a nice penalty and gave a hit and hope ball that found Zohore for the goal and he got EIGHT? How? Stroll on.

StT.