+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seven go out on loan as City celebrate biggest win of the season.

Seven go out on loan as City celebrate biggest win of the season.

Re: Seven go out on loan as City celebrate biggest win of the season.

Paul, the debt to equity is waiting for the Malaysian governments authority, as all large amounts of money exiting from there has to be fully investigated, although I think they have had enough time already, but I have no idea how long these things take.
    As for the attendance, it was really low last night, my guesstimate would be 11/12 thousand, if so no wonder they did not announce it.
    Regarding the transfer window, NW is saving the money for the summer, we were going to sign a striker around with his agent supposed to ring back at 5pm yesterday, but his agent did not ring back till 10pm, NW probably thought then as he said many times especially after that result that he has enough to go with until the summer

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Paul, the debt to equity is waiting for the Malaysian governments authority, as all large amounts of money exiting from there has to be fully investigated, although I think they have had enough time already, but I have no idea how long these things take.
    As for the attendance, it was really low last night, my guesstimate would be 11/12 thousand, if so no wonder they did not announce it.
    Regarding the transfer window, NW is saving the money for the summer, we were going to sign a striker around with his agent supposed to ring back at 5pm yesterday, but his agent did not ring back till 10pm, NW probably thought then as he said many times especially after that result that he has enough to go with until the summer
    Attendance was 13,894 I think

Enjoyed that as usual Paul. Regarding a decent budget for next season, how much do you think Warnock would require and bearing in mind top end championship strikers are costing in excess of £10m, do you think we can stay within FFP rules?

Quote Originally Posted by JKB View Post
    Enjoyed that as usual Paul. Regarding a decent budget for next season, how much do you think Warnock would require and bearing in mind top end championship strikers are costing in excess of £10m, do you think we can stay within FFP rules?
    The way things are going, I think £20 million would be no guarantee of even a top six finish. Like many others it seems, I wouldn't want to see us spending anywhere near that, but I'd back Warnock to put together a good team if he was given £5 million to spend on transfers alone. I still think we will need to raise that money through wage savings and outgoing transfers though, but, essentially, that's what many Championships sides that have spent decent money since last summer have done. Our biggest problems are that our Academy has stopped producing players like Ledley, Gunter, Blake, Ramsey and Matthews and we've lost the knack of signing players for hundreds of thousands (or less) and selling them for millions - I'm pretty hopeful that things are improving in both of these areas though.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Attendance was 13,894 I think
    Thanks - as I mentioned, it seems to me that many of our season ticket holders preferred to find out if Liverpool were going to turn in yet another woeful performance last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    I agree that this Malaysian Government approval is taking longer than expected - the 15/16 accounts will be filed at Companies House soon, I wonder if they may have some sort of explanation as to why it's taking so long for the approval to be forthcoming?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The way things are going, I think £20 million would be no 9guarantee of even a top six finish. Like many others it seems, I wouldn't want to see us spending anywhere near that, but I'd back Warnock to put together a good team if he was given £5 million to spend on transfers alone. I still think we will need to raise that money through wage savings and outgoing transfers though, but, essentially, that's what many Championships sides that have spent decent money since last summer have done. Our biggest problems are that our Academy has stopped producing players like Ledley, Gunter, Blake, Ramsey and Matthews and we've lost the knack of signing players for hundreds of thousands (or less) and selling them for millions - I'm pretty hopeful that things are improving in both of these areas though.
    The emergence of Ralls, Harris and Healey has helped and Zohore is a big plus. However we have a number of experienced players whose contracts are up. Whitts, Manga and Hoillett I believe, plus we will require a keeper. I think £5m is optimistic.

Paul, I just did some checking, apparently there is a 12 months holding period before going on the approval stage, so hopefully it should not be that long now

Bob the attendance was announced as 13k, i remember saying to my mate, that there was nowhere near that there

Thanks - as I mentioned, it seems to me that many of our season ticket holders preferred to find out if Liverpool were going to turn in yet another woeful performance last night.
    Or...they have to get up for work early the next morning....
    Or...they have a wife young children

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    You dun even have to get up early in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    You dun even have to get up early in the morning.
    We got up early today, 1pm I'll have you know.

We got up early today, 1pm I'll have you know.
    apols

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    You dun even have to get up in the morning.
    Fixed your post anyway!

I echoed one of your sentiments regarding Zohore and Harris in a tgread last night.

Though these "kids" are now 23 they seem to have lost a few years of their development by their very lack of first team football.

I wanted us to add to our squad like everyone else but buoyed by last nights result i think it was a sensible decision not to spend needless money when we haven't got the endless pot of a Chelsea or Man United (or aston villa).

I have no idea whether there will be much money to spend in the summer but i think it's prudent to keep whatever we have for when the buying club holds the cards a bit more.

One of my biggest gripes with Slade was when we were destined for mid table obscurity in his first season with us was that he paid a big loan fee for Connor Mcaleny and persisted with players like Gabbidon whilst ignoring the fact that we had a youth system whatsoever. I am more than confident that this won't be the case with Warnock and i would love to see players like Mark Harris, Declan John and even Sion Spence given a little opportunity to prove themselves if we do get into a position where we're playing dead rubber games.

Like Blue in the Face has said in another thread, even if this helps us increase our saleable assets it can only be good for the club, but i believe players like Kadeem and Zohore can grow into very good players if Warnock persists with them and the fans give them a chance to improve without writing them off every other week.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Bob the attendance was announced as 13k, i remember saying to my mate, that there was nowhere near that there
    Yes. It looked more likely to be 9k.

Season ticket holders are automatically included in the total I think, regardless of whether or not they show up but that still wouldn't explain the difference in the official attendance figure.

School night games are very often the same anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Yes. It looked more likely to be 9k.

Season ticket holders are automatically included in the total I think, regardless of whether or not they show up but that still wouldn't explain the difference in the official attendance figure.

School night games are very often the same anyway.
    I lve down West, not far off 3 hrs journey each way which make evening tames pretty impossible.

And yet offer a free red scarf and 24,000 turn up on a Tuesday night in February .

Looks like aBRahAM behind that wall

Or...they are not in the UK at the moment.

Sorry to miss this one, my favourite game of the season. Usually a social event for us as my two cousins and their mate who are from Preston come down for the game and two ex work colleagues come up from London to become Cardiff supporters for the weekend.

First Preston game, home or away that me and Mrs Bluebird have missed for years. Hope that the scheduling is better next season.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Attendance means attendance - and not tickets sold, of course. Pretty basic really.

Good read as usual.

But one thing - Maxwell didnt guess the right way. He stayed still probably hoping for the shot down the middle then moved when realising it was going in the corner. If he had guessed that way it would still have gone in though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Good read as usual.

But one thing - Maxwell didnt guess the right way. He stayed still probably hoping for the shot down the middle then moved when realising it was going in the corner. If he had guessed that way it would still have gone in though.
    I think he just thought it was too wet to dive so would pretend he hoped it was going down the middle

You're right though he wouldn't have got there even if he'd guessed the right way - it was a great shot!

As regards your final point, Tan is clearly between a rock and a hard place here. He invested , got burned and is wary of trusting anyone with his cash now or so it seems. On the other hand, as you say, he is hardly likely to get a return on his investment if we remain a middle ranking Championship team. If so attendances like last night may become the norm.

There is a third option which is to stabilise, as we seem to be doing and bring through some youngsters. At some stage then sell the Club as one with potential. Unlikely that he will get his entire investment back but with the Chinese and to a lesser extent Americans looking at clubs this might be his best or only option.

Only Tan knows how he will handle things but I for one do not hold out much hope for significant transfer budgets in the future.