+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seven go out on loan as City celebrate biggest win of the season.

Re: Seven go out on loan as City celebrate biggest win of the season.

Interesting your comments about being "not that kind of big striker" re: zohore.
    I'd agree with that, but I also think we had a similar issue with the way we tried to use Cornelius.
    I think there's an assumption in English football that if you have a big guy up top then every time you get the ball the first option is to launch it at him from 60 yards away. Looking at his showreel Cornelius was clearly more comfortable with the ball played to feet or to run on to and was not a back to goal kind of player.

I think Bothroyd could play in either way though.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I agree that this Malaysian Government approval is taking longer than expected - the 15/16 accounts will be filed at Companies House soon, I wonder if they may have some sort of explanation as to why it's taking so long for the approval to be forthcoming?
    Highly unlikely that there will be a reference to the time delay Paul. However, what I am told by the club is that there definitely is a reference in those accounts to the pledge by VT to convert all his debt to equity.This would have to be in there to show that the debt figure due to him will not have to be repaid eventually so shows the true position (unless he fails to honour that pledge) to any reader of the accounts.

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours View Post
    As regards your final point, Tan is clearly between a rock and a hard place here. He invested , got burned and is wary of trusting anyone with his cash now or so it seems. On the other hand, as you say, he is hardly likely to get a return on his investment if we remain a middle ranking Championship team. If so attendances like last night may become the norm.

There is a third option which is to stabilise, as we seem to be doing and bring through some youngsters. At some stage then sell the Club as one with potential. Unlikely that he will get his entire investment back but with the Chinese and to a lesser extent Americans looking at clubs this might be his best or only option.

Only Tan knows how he will handle things but I for one do not hold out much hope for significant transfer budgets in the future.
    I wouldn't write off tan investing again in the future. It just hasn't been the right time to for the last few years , and probably won't be for a few more.
    We need to gradually move up the table, developing youngsters and building the crowds back up until we are in the position that investment is a gambling worth taking. If we get there and still don't invest then tan is not interested, until then it is impossible to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Interesting your comments about being "not that kind of big striker" re: zohore.
    I'd agree with that, but I also think we had a similar issue with the way we tried to use Cornelius.
    I think there's an assumption in English football that if you have a big guy up top then every time you get the ball the first option is to launch it at him from 60 yards away. Looking at his showreel Cornelius was clearly more comfortable with the ball played to feet or to run on to and was not a back to goal kind of player.

I think Bothroyd could play in either way though.
    Agree with all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Since62 View Post
    Highly unlikely that there will be a reference to the time delay Paul. However, what I am told by the club is that there definitely is a reference in those accounts to the pledge by VT to convert all his debt to equity.This would have to be in there to show that the debt figure due to him will not have to be repaid eventually so shows the true position (unless he fails to honour that pledge) to any reader of the accounts.

Keith
    Thanks Keith .

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I wouldn't write off tan investing again in the future. It just hasn't been the right time to for the last few years , and probably won't be for a few more.
    We need to gradually move up the table, developing youngsters and building the crowds back up until we are in the position that investment is a gambling worth taking. If we get there and still don't invest then tan is not interested, until then it is impossible to tell.
    I suspect that you are right in that Tan will provide Warnock with funds in the Summer as long as he can see that it is worth the gamble - results between now & the end of the season should help to make up his mind. Although I would love to see us have a go next season & in order to do so we will need a few quality signings, I must admit that I am nervous about us gambling & taking on more debt.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    I suspect that you are right in that Tan will provide Warnock with funds in the Summer as long as he can see that it is worth the gamble - results between now & the end of the season should help to make up his mind. Although I would love to see us have a go next season & in order to do so we will need a few quality signings, I must admit that I am nervous about us gambling & taking on more debt.
    I don't think we will be making the gamble unless we are a lot closer to the top of the league. I would probably write off next season already. If we can get to be a solid playoff team then we may be a good bet for a push