+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Huws swap

Huws swap

So who was the player who Warnock wanted to swap for Huws?

Re: Huws swap

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    So who was the player who Warnock wanted to swap for Huws?
    Johnny Williams probably

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Johnny Williams probably
    Isn't he injured?

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Isn't he always injured?
    FYP

Warnock said the other player was injured which is why a swap deal didn't take place.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Warnock said the other player was injured which is why a swap deal didn't take place.
    Do you have a link for this quote? Guess this would mean Huws will leave if NW stays

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Do you have a link for this quote? Guess this would mean Huws will leave if NW stays
    It looks very much like it, especially as Huws also took a pay cut to get out of dodge.
    Perhaps the rollicking he got for his performance in the FA Cup was very clear.

Blue in the Face

He's played a grand total of 152 minutes for Cardiff. Whatever the standard of performance in those minutes, it's hard to make a case that he's been given a chance for us. But clearly NW has seen something he doesn't like. NW has always liked combative centre mids, so perhaps Huws is just too passive for him. If NW is still here for next season, then it will be in everyone's interest that he moves on.

Yeah he may have only played 152 minutes, but that's all WE have to judge him on.
    Warnocks gets to see him every day.

I'm sure if Huws plays to his potential at Ipswich, Warnock would want him back because, just like he says with Zohore, he would have someone who was almost like a new signing, someone who could allow him to spend what money he has elsewhere,

He's played a grand total of 152 minutes for Cardiff. Whatever the standard of performance in those minutes, it's hard to make a case that he's been given a chance for us. But clearly NW has seen something he doesn't like. NW has always liked combative centre mids, so perhaps Huws is just too passive for him. If NW is still here for next season, then it will be in everyone's interest that he moves on.
    He's also been appalling in almost every one of the 152 minutes. The 135 minutes against PNE and Fulham were shocking. Neither PT or NW have given him a chance but there's probably a reason for that.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Yeah he may have only played 152 minutes, but that's all WE have to judge him on.
    Warnocks gets to see him every day.
    Fair point.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'm sure if Huws plays to his potential at Ipswich, Warnock would want him back because, just like he says with Zohore, he would have someone who was almost like a new signing, someone who could allow him to spend what money he has elsewhere,
    I'm sceptical that NW would give him a second chance. NW is a bit like DJ in that he is possibly stubborn on his opinion of players. I'm not even suggesting this is a weakness in our manager, he just that knows what he likes. One of the things I'm basing this on is O'Keefe who I feel has deserved more of a chance than Huws. He was a revelation in the latter part of last season for us and looked like a top Championship player, but NW had O'Keefe at Palace and seems to have a fixed evaluation of him. O'Keefe I would have thought would've been a NW type player too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He's also been appalling in almost every one of the 152 minutes. The 135 minutes against PNE and Fulham were shocking. Neither PT or NW have given him a chance but there's probably a reason for that.
    He was never available to play for PT which is a great shame as he was his big signing. We can say what we want about PT, but his vision for the team was pretty much contrary to that of NW. Huws looked much more suited to the type of football Trollope aspired to.

The swap player was Leon Best, very talented, but has had some nasty injuries. Did well ( apparently) at Rotherham for Warnock last year, but not so well at other times.

Warnock said in the Press Conference this morning " O'Keefe doesn't really figure in my plans in the future, a bit like Huws" That seems fairly clearcut unless he is trying reverse psychology of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    The swap player was Leon Best, very talented, but has had some nasty injuries. Did well ( apparently) at Rotherham for Warnock last year, but not so well at other times.

Warnock said that the player in question was injured which doesn't seem to be the case with Best? It would appear that he has upset Mick McCarthy who stated last week that Best would not play for him again.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours View Post
    Warnock said in the Press Conference this morning " O'Keefe doesn't really figure in my plans in the future, a bit like Huws" That seems fairly clearcut unless he is trying reverse psychology of course!
    I think that is the case with O'Keefe as it is pretty obvious that he was one of those singled out by Warnock after the Brenford game for lacking desire. As for Huws, Warnock had some positive words to say about him when he was loaned to Ipswich so if he performs well I hope that Warnock will welcome him back

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    Warnock said that the player in question was injured which doesn't seem to be the case with Best? It would appear that he has upset Mick McCarthy who stated last week that Best would not play for him again.
    What I read was that Best was injured.

Groin strain or something

Quote by Warnock to the Press after the game Tuesday - http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...-city-12537435

I'm sceptical that NW would give him a second chance. NW is a bit like DJ in that he is possibly stubborn on his opinion of players. I'm not even suggesting this is a weakness in our manager, he just that knows what he likes. One of the things I'm basing this on is O'Keefe who I feel has deserved more of a chance than Huws. He was a revelation in the latter part of last season for us and looked like a top Championship player, but NW had O'Keefe at Palace and seems to have a fixed evaluation of him. O'Keefe I would have thought would've been a NW type player too.
    I agree about O'Keefe he was our best midfielder towards the end of the season and was out with a broken arm when Warnock arrived so he hasn't really been given a chance. He's not a right back/right wing back so it's harsh to judge him on the Brentford game.

I'm sceptical that NW would give him a second chance. NW is a bit like DJ in that he is possibly stubborn on his opinion of players.
    Zohore wasn't in the picture when Warnock first came here. He wasn't in the match day squad for the first 7 games of Warnock's reign. Out of the cold he appeared on the bench for the games against Brighton, Ipswich and Wolves, finally getting on for the last of those. He's started every league game since and, in 8 starts, he's only been pulled off twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Zohore wasn't in the picture when Warnock first came here. He wasn't in the match day squad for the first 7 games of Warnock's reign. Out of the cold he appeared on the bench for the games against Brighton, Ipswich and Wolves, finally getting on for the last of those. He's started every league game since and

, in 8 starts, he's only been pulled off twice.
    He clearly needs to get a girlfriend

Fair point.

He was never available to play for PT which is a great shame as he was his big signing. We can say what we want about PT, but his vision for the team was pretty much contrary to that of NW. Huws looked much more suited to the type of football Trollope aspired to.
    That's a really good point about O'Keefe and NW. I think the majority of us fans liked O'K and his style of play, but Warnock obviously saw other things. Poor temporament / attitude / training perhaps? From memory, he certainly seemed to be a Cardiff style of player that we like to see - combative / driving / hard working...?

Reminds me of that golden oldie from {I think} Rodney Marsh who when told he was getting pulled off at half time said 'wow! We only got oranges at *insert previous club here*'

Probably complete myth, but made me chuckle anyhow

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Reminds me of that golden oldie from {I think} Rodney Marsh who when told he was getting pulled off at half time said 'wow! We only got oranges at *insert previous club here*'

Probably complete myth, but made me chuckle anyhow
    Old ones are the best 👍