+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zohore 'wins' goal of the night

Zohore 'wins' goal of the night

See next

Re: Zohore 'wins' goal of the night

Excellent goal, just goes to show what he is capable of. Hopefully he will keep on improving & we will see a lot more of the same

Bothroyd-esque.

It's so nice to see Zohore get some patience that players like Rudy never got, no every player is the finished article and some good coaching and perseverance can do wonders for a player

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It's so nice to see Zohore get some patience that players like Rudy never got, no every player is the finished article and some good coaching and perseverance can do wonders for a player
    Well said. Can't even count the number of times our fans have written off players that have moved from foreign leagues, after just a handful of games. We seem to be worse for it than most for some reason. Also shows what a difference a manager can make for an individual as well I think.

Jimmy said he's rubbish though.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    You are determined to have someone else share your 'mare reputation!

I await JtJ's response with interest

The main thing that will come out of that goal is that defences will have to set up differently to prevent him turning them. This should give our wide men more space and time. Just need to find a way of getting more effective deliveries into the box than we've been managing up until now.

I really hope this is the start of a new level of impact for Zohore as he has all the physical attributes to be really effective at both this and higher levels. He needs a lot of work on his decision making and touch now to help this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    You are determined to have someone else share your 'mare reputation!

I await JtJ's response with interest
    Clutching at straws PB, clutching at straws.

Quote Originally Posted by jnc90 View Post
    Well said. Can't even count the number of times our fans have written off players that have moved from foreign leagues, after just a handful of games. We seem to be worse for it than most for some reason. Also shows what a difference a manager can make for an individual as well I think.
    Some on the other forum are always writing off our players i remember one or two of the usual culprits writing Gestede off as being no good and now Zohore. These are the same one or two that used to talk about Warren Feeney as if he was Messi

Clutching at straws PB, clutching at straws.
    Wonderful to see the depths to which a messageboard will make people sink

Has a way to go , youngster ,has good pace ,looks a lot fitter under NW , closes opponents down well , needs to work on his finishing in the box , although tall he's not a natural target Thorny type of target man, not really blessed with heading abilities, knowing that we should play to his strengths , and not expect him to be something else, agree with NW and has played a big part in our recovery.

Well done NW and Zohore for spotting the potential that past others by ?

Lets hope we dont have another Rudi moment.

Wonder how much that one goal has added to his transfer value?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Rise I suspect , and in reverse the value of the Preston players may fall as they had a few in place to stop him .

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I was thinking that. In today's mad world you'd not want to let him go for less than £5M given his potential - and even that seems cheap compared to the £10M+ being paid for strikers I consider now being past it (e.g. Rhodes has not done much in the last few seasons and McCormack was a complete flop at Villa)

Jimmy's Scottish, what does he know?

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    Excellent goal, just goes to show what he is capable of. Hopefully he will keep on improving & we will see a lot more of the same
    No doubt at all that NW has made him a better player but, credit where it's due, wasnt it Slade who brought him to City?

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Jimmy's Scottish, what does he know?
    In a league that nail biting competitive league where Celtic legend Chris Sutton claimed his former club could play without a goalkeeper and still win the league.

What I like about KZ is that his first inclination is to bring the ball to his feet from chest high and bring others into play.He doesn't just try to flick it on with his head and hope someone will run onto it.Granted a fair way to go in terms of heading a ball and goalscoring but I think he is developing into a player that will cause headaches for any defence and create space for others.Really quite positive about him now and it is clear NW has been a good influence on the lad.

Not the first time he's left defenders for dead, did it twice against Brentford on Boxing Day.
    He'd have a field day against a high line defence, especially with Whitts in midfield.
    He's deceivingly quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Dénia Bluebird View Post
    No doubt at all that NW has made him a better player but, credit where it's due, wasnt it Slade who brought him to City?
    I'm sure i read on another forum that he was a Tan signing

Makes you wonder whether another Dane striker might've made it if Warnock was around

Little KZ fact for you. His actual name is Albin Kenneth Dahrup Zohore. The boy needs a decent song.

Ok here's one, with a bit of help from wiki.

He comes from Scandinavia ZOHORE ZOHORE!
    He was born in nineteen ninety FOUR ZOHORE!
    He's six foot three and plays up front
    He makes defenders look like c•nts
    Cardiff City's number 26.