+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: News from Warnock's press conference.

News from Warnock's press conference.

1. Lee Peltier needs an operation that will mean he's out for two or three months, but it's being delayed until we are safe from the drop.
    2. The latest scan shows that Bruno Manga's injury is not as bad as first feared - he could be back in six weeks.
    3. Joe Bennett has been injured and will not be available tomorrow - Anthony Pilkington may be fit enough for a place on the bench.
    4. We didn't spend any money in transfer fees in January.
    5. He said we either score penalties or great goals - we don't get enough of the type of goal Kadeem Harris scored at Bristol.
    6. Warnock said that he wants to show that he can be trusted to get on with the recruitment side of things - he knows how to work within a budget. He said he did not want to be critical, but what's been in place for the last few seasons hasn't worked has it - apparently we still have a "commitment" to players long since gone from the club. We need to have a plan that we stick to rather than constant changes of mind.
    7. He's not expecting to be able to spend the sort of money Norwich can, but he hopes to have enough to get the three or four players he thinks we need in early so that they are with us for pre season training.

Re: News from Warnock's press conference.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    1. Lee Peltier needs an operation that will mean he's out for two or three months, but it's being delayed until we are safe from the drop.
    2. The latest scan shows that Bruno Manga's injury is not as bad as first feared - he could be back in six weeks.
    3. Joe Bennett has been injured and will not be available tomorrow - Anthony Pilkington may be fit enough for a place on the bench.
    5. He said we either score penalties or great goals - we don't get enough of the type of goal Kadeem Harris scored at Bristol.
    6. Warnock said that he wants to show that he can be trusted to get on with the recruitment side of things - he knows how to work within a budget. He said he did not want to be critical, but what's been in place for the last few seasons hasn't worked has it - apparently we still have a "commitment" to players long since gone from the club. We need to have a plan that we stick to rather than constant changes of mind.
    7. He's not expecting to be able to spend the sort of money Norwich can, but he hopes to have enough to get the three or four players he thinks we need in early so that they are with us for pre season training
    Please please please let this happen...

7. He's not expecting to be able to spend the sort of money Norwich can, but he hopes to have enough to get the three or four players he thinks we need in early so that they are with us for pre season training.
    That would be a pleasant change.

Contrary to some people I'm really encouraged by the noises coming out of the club at present.

There seems to be a plan on the pitch for the first time for a long time and there some very good people working in the academy.

In the last few years we've lacked experienced football men at the club but now this gap has been breached by Warnock, Blackwell and Bryson as well as the playing experience of Bellamy.

After Tuesday's result i was really pleased that we didn't pay over the odds in this transfer window.

I think i wrote the other day thst my biggest frustration with Slade was his attitude to our dead rubber games at the end of his first season when he picked Gabbidon who was about to retire and didn't show any interest in any of our young players.

I don't believe this will be the case with Warnock and i think Healey, Mark Harris, Kadeem, Zohore, Declan John and maybe a few other will be given chance to firmly establish themselves as first team players. (If not then we are far more likely to get fees for these players if they have played championship football rather than hearing the term "mutual consent" time and time again)

We need 4 wins from 17 to stay up and i think we are more than capable of this, then Warnock can begin to plan for next season and work on bringing in players.

I'm buzzing for tomorrow and i will have no complaints if we perform lime we did Tuesday.

Would that suggest that Warnock doesn't want to work within a transfer committee system? Ironically, with the influx of football men, this may also be the best chance of it working as a system.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Contrary to some people I'm really encouraged by the noises coming out of the club at present.

There seems to be a plan on the pitch for the first time for a long time and there some very good people working in the academy.

In the last few years we've lacked experienced football men at the club but now this gap has been breached by Warnock, Blackwell and Bryson as well as the playing experience of Bellamy.

After Tuesday's result i was really pleased that we didn't pay over the odds in this transfer window.

I think i wrote the other day thst my biggest frustration with Slade was his attitude to our dead rubber games at the end of his first season when he picked Gabbidon who was about to retire and didn't show any interest in any of our young players.

I don't believe this will be the case with Warnock and i think Healey, Mark Harris, Kadeem, Zohore, Declan John and maybe a few other will be given chance to firmly establish themselves as first team players. (If not then we are far more likely to get fees for these players if they have played championship football rather than hearing the term "mutual consent" time and time again)

We need 4 wins from 17 to stay up and i think we are more than capable of this, then Warnock can begin to plan for next season and work on bringing in players.

I'm buzzing for tomorrow and i will have no complaints if we perform lime we did Tuesday.
    I think our squad is looking very thin now and I do not expect the level of performance we saw in the first half on Tuesday.
    I am hoping for a draw and writing off our next two aways. Our wins will hopefully come v the teams in and around us, which should see us over the line.

I wonder if the players "long since gone from the club" to which he is referring are the likes of Le Fondre and Adeyemi. If not then are we looking at the likes of Kenwynne?!!

I have always felt that Warnock would ideally like to move upstairs as DoF after he finishes as Manager and think this is what he trying to position himself for at the moment. Get Tan to trust him now and then be the Football man on the board that I believe we all feel is needed. Then take on a young promising Coach to do the team stuff. Bellamy anyone?? - with Warnock advising.

May be total c**p but stranger things have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours View Post
    I wonder if the players "long since gone from the club" to which he is referring are the likes of Le Fondre and Adeyemi. If not then are we looking at the likes of Kenwynne?!!

I have always felt that Warnock would ideally like to move upstairs as DoF after he finishes as Manager and think this is what he trying to position himself for at the moment. Get Tan to trust him now and then be the Football man on the board that I believe we all feel is needed. Then take on a young promising Coach to do the team stuff. Bellamy anyone?? - with Warnock advising.

You aren't that far out with your thinking. Very feasible.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Please please please let this happen...
    Agreed

This just shows how much he wants to build the club rather than his reputation (although I'm sure he does). Feeling safe with him as manager not just because he's getting results but just his general ethos and honesty for the club situation.

For a few years now, we've been crying out for a "football man" at the club. Well, Warnock is definitely a football man, and when he's done managing, I'd love to see him remain at the club in some capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours View Post

Le Fondre and Adayemi are still under contract to City, so, unless Bolton and Rotherham have, effectively, taken those contracts over, they'll still be receiving a portion of their wages from us. I woudn't say Warnock meant Kenwynne Jones either, because he stayed with us until his contract ran out, so we'd have no reason to pay him anything any more.

On the other hand, I can remember that, despite him being in his thirties, we signed Javi Guerra on a three year deal in the summer of 2014 and it wouldn't surprise me at all if we agreed to pay him something like a reduced wage until this summer in recognition of him agreeing to leave when his contract was cancelled by "mutual agreement". I think what our manager was talking about was any of those players whose deals with us have been terminated early - there's been way too many of them since we got relegated.

Le Fondre and Adayemi are still under contract to City, so, unless Bolton and Rotherham have, effectively, taken those contracts over, they'll still be receiving a portion of their wages from us. I woudn't say Warnock meant Kenwynne Jones either, because he stayed with us until his contract ran out, so we'd have no reason to pay him anything any more.

On the other hand, I can remember that, despite him being in his thirties, we signed Javi Guerra on a three year deal in the summer of 2014 and it wouldn't surprise me at all if we agreed to pay him something like a reduced wage until this summer in recognition of him agreeing to leave when his contract was cancelled by "mutual agreement". I think what our manager was talking about was any of those players whose deals with us have been terminated early - there's been way too many of them since we got relegated.
    Almost certainly those 2, but I'd think this lot will be almost all finished by June.

Problem we would have then is the ones Trollope signed who aren't involved, Lambert being the biggest earner.
    Unless he can get fit then that's a big wage for nothing.
    Big shame, as on his day he's a very good player.