+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: "Lack of Quality"

"Lack of Quality"

It's a cliche used liberally when a side struggles, but today a really solid but not spectacular Norwich looked comfortable against us today.

We competed well and restricted them to a couple of chances, and Warnock got the best out of the players, but the only way we were going to score today was from something other than a cross or set piece.

We just didn't have the players with the necessary skill on the ball to really open them up.

I don't know, but I reckon that defence of Norwich's was their Premiership defence. They seemed quite confident to sit on their one goal lead. In a lot of ways playing sides like Brighton, Reading, give the City a lot more scope.

Not out of the woods yet !

Re: "Lack of Quality"

I tend to agree with you. I thought they contained us quite easily apart from that one run from Noone.
    I think a big problem is playing Jazz on the left. I don't think I've seen a player with so little confidence in his left foot in my life.
    I think he'd be decent on the right

Our midfield looked jaded and off the pace. That was our main problem - an even bigger problem was how to replace them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Our midfield looked jaded and off the pace. That was our main problem - an even bigger problem was how to replace them.
    Agree mate, thought their midfield picked up a lot of second balls and passed it around us. I dont think either side had that much quality going forward. I do like Hoolahan, very clever intelligent player. It was two average sides playing within themselves. We didnt seem up for it IMO. No lack of effort from Gunnars as usual but no guile or threat from us.

Absolutely agree.

I thought Ralls was poor, but we didn't really have any options on the bench to replace him.

Norwich not having a game in midweek must have helped them as well.

Well said. It has been a problem for a number of seasons. Simply not strong enough and seriously lacking in pace.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Absolutely agree.

I thought Ralls was poor, but we didn't really have any options on the bench to replace him.
    I didn't. I thought he was the best of the 3. Whittingham hardly contributed, everything positive we did started from Ralls and his tackling and work rate were superb.
    Gunnar put in lots of work and tackles before immediately giving the ball away - and his shooting

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Norwich not having a game in midweek must have helped them as well.
    Have to say City looked a tad lethargic at times. Having said that, at the end of the game it was City showing all the energy and a few Norwich players fell to the ground at the final whistle. Under Warnock, we have a fit team, that's for sure...