+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Today, Warnock tore up his usual game plan - and paid the price

Today, Warnock tore up his usual game plan - and paid the price

Anyone else notice, we didn't lump the ball upfield as often as usual. We were less direct and knocked the ball about - enjoying the majority of possession (for once) - 57%.

Trouble was, our midfield wasn't up to it - maybe they were surprised that they actually had to pass the ball around - or were just knackered.

Had Warnock done his homework and realised that Norwich defended against set-plays very competently and decided on a change of approach?

It exposed us.

(57%!! 'STREWTH!)

Re: Today, Warnock tore up his usual game plan - and paid the price

Because Alex Neil did his homework

Their defence played deep and the punts up field were easily defended as we could not turn them

Hence the change of tactics in the second half which saw us trying to play into the gaps between their deep defence and midfield

Unfortunately our balls into the danger area from especially Harris were appalling at best and Ken was more isolated than a feminist at a Chubby Brown gig.

Norwich out Warnocked us today much like Wigan did

They were very good at the dark arts out there

Good v average today

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Because Alex Neil did his homework

Their defence played deep and the punts up field were easily defended as we could not turn them

Hence the change of tactics in the second half which saw us trying to play into the gaps between their deep defence and midfield

Unfortunately our balls into the danger area from especially Harris were appalling at best and Ken was more isolated than a feminist at a Chubby Brown gig.

Norwich out Warnocked us today much like Wigan did

They were very good at the dark arts out there
    Completely agree. In the first half we were bullied out of the game and it showed the difference we have to make up - and I'm sure Warnock is well aware of this too.

We did what we could out there today with what we had but it wasn't enough. I've just looked at Kadeem's miss and it was tougher than I thought at the match, but in all honesty we didn't really bother Ruddy until the end. Just not quite enough quality still.

Hopefully Warnock knows who he wants in the Summer - until then we need to concentrate on not being relegated as this is not a gimme any more.

I don't think we'll get another point before Rotherham (would love to be wrong!) so that match plus Ipswich, Brentford, Birmingham and Forest home are probably the must wins if we want to get the 15 more points we need to stay up this season.