+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: City limitations laid bare, again, as dour Norwich take the points.

City limitations laid bare, again, as dour Norwich take the points.

Re: City limitations laid bare, again, as dour Norwich take the points.

Very good write up again.
    Agree totally with your points on Jerome and in my opinion he was the difference today in 2 we'll matched sides. Had he been in a City shirt we would have won.

Thanks Paul once again the only real football read in town .

City were poor although Norwich had done their homework, kept us controlled didn't allow space, Zohore was like a caged individual who must have been wondering why he was the only player in the oppositions penalty box .

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Very good write up again.
    Agree totally with your points on Jerome and in my opinion he was the difference today in 2 we'll matched sides. Had he been in a City shirt we would have won.
    Although he would have needed some supply.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Thanks Paul once again the only real football read in town .

City were poor although Norwich had done their homework, kept us controlled didn't allow space, Zohore was like a caged individual who must have been wondering why he was the only player in the oppositions penalty box .
    Great write up Paul. Yep, Norwich handled both Ken and our so called aerial prowess well. Gunnar's throw ins and Whitts free kick were swotted away so clearly they had done lots of work on the training field. Whitts was poor. If he cant put in good free kicks, corners I do not see his value to the team.

I'm certain that in answer to your rhetorical question regarding Norwich's defence/City's attack, it was a case of both, ie a solid Norwich defence, a poor City attack. That Norwich really decided to shut up shop pretty early on suggests they knew they could fend City comfortably, which they did.

I think City are typically one of those sides who , whilst invariably lacking the close skill and pace of their opponents, can frequently beat them with better organization and commitment. Without those two, we would now be keeping Rotherham company...

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Although he would have needed some supply.
    Agree with this, whoever was up front yesterday would have struggled with the lack of support received from the two wingers for the first 65 minutes.
    Harris for me is an impact player at best, we should have enough to get us by for this season, but next season we need two pacy wingers who can deliver an end product on a consistent basis

The same points the posters are making were as relevant in Recent games at home like against burton. They dealt with Zohore and we just couldnt break them down barring a goalkeeping error in injury time. We have no real threat and continue to look very average.

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    The same points the posters are making were as relevant in Recent games at home like against burton. They dealt with Zohore and we just couldnt break them down barring a goalkeeping error in injury time. We have no real threat and continue to look very average.
    Thats because we are very average - as opposed to total garbage under Trollope and heading to League 1.

Average will see us safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Thats because we are very average - as opposed to total garbage under Trollope and heading to League 1.

Average will see us safe.
    So have we gone backwards since last season ?

So have we gone backwards since last season ?
    In terms of playing staff - yes.

Thankfully we've now got a proper manager that knows how to get the best from a limited squad - a squad that is a direct result of years of poor recruitment.

You could even say we're a basket case of a club.

As I'm sure you will.

Again a good write up Paul. Many thanks. I can't disagree with much of what you have said. In my opinion 3 additional quality players in the right positions and wee would be top six easily. Kadeem frustrated me no end on Saturday. We looked more threatening when noone and Healy came on.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    In terms of playing staff - yes.

Thankfully we've now got a proper manager that knows how to get the best from a limited squad - a squad that is a direct result of years of poor recruitment.

You could even say we're a basket case of a club.

As I'm sure you will.
    I would point out that my main concern going back two seasons was the continued dilution in quality of the squad. I was of course shouted down and told it was all about Fair play club regulations but i always thought that was a convenient excuse. The situation as i see it is we have let the wrong players leave and generally replaced them with poorer models. That doesnt mean we havent signed the odd good player mostly for nothing i might add but you know what they say .... Pay peanuts and all that. The squad is now full of players we dont want, some have gone out on loan but there are plenty of others who havent and we are stuck with them. As for basket case club???...... As if i would say that after all we only signed a 34 yr old forward in aug and are currently paying him £25k a week and people are doing still life drawings of him when he occasionally plays?? ....... But we could offer the likes of Turner a one year contract in the summer and Huds was released for nowt aswell???

I would point out that my main concern going back two seasons was the continued dilution in quality of the squad. I was of course shouted down and told it was all about Fair play club regulations but i always thought that was a convenient excuse. The situation as i see it is we have let the wrong players leave and generally replaced them with poorer models. That doesnt mean we havent signed the odd good player mostly for nothing i might add but you know what they say .... Pay peanuts and all that. The squad is now full of players we dont want, some have gone out on loan but there are plenty of others who havent and we are stuck with them. As for basket case club???...... As if i would say that after all we only signed a 34 yr old forward in aug and are currently paying him £25k a week and people are doing still life drawings of him when he occasionally plays?? ....... But we could offer the likes of Turner a one year contract in the summer and Huds was released for nowt aswell???
    Unfortunately a lot of statements above would apply to the majority of clubs in the Championship (and Premier).
    The concept of picking up raw talent and developing to a solid fee is what every club aspires to do but very few achieve it.
    I agree we have had some glaring mistakes and the club has been in decline ever since we were relegated from the Premiership. Living beyond your means springs to mind.
    Getting back on track is not instantaneous and can easily take a couple of seasons.
    I think Warnock at the helm is the first positive since those heady days in the top flight and I am sure he will take us in the right direction, but not this season (or maybe next)