+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Leicester

Leicester

It's kind of sad to see them in freefall after their heroics of last year. Kante apart, who is proving to be a fantastic player, it is virtually the same side. Morgan and Huth look their age all of a sudden.

There will be 3 from 6 going down and currently they look likely to be one of them.

Re: Leicester

Wonder if vardy is regretting his decision to not join arsenal?! Having said that, I think there are 3 worse teams than Leicester so they should be ok for this season at least

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    Wonder if vardy is regretting his decision to not join arsenal?! Having said that, I think there are 3 worse teams than Leicester so they should be ok for this season at least
    On that display they will be going down.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    It's kind of sad to see them in freefall after their heroics of last year. Kante apart, who is proving to be a fantastic player, it is virtually the same side. Morgan and Huth look their age all of a sudden.

There will be 3 from 6 going down and currently they look likely to be one of them.
    Kante has proved he is a game changer,here there and every where.Player of the season.

Would be great if they got relegated. Great for their clacker loving fans. Relegation after winning the league would be delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Would be great if they got relegated. Great for their clacker loving fans. Relegation after winning the league would be delicious.
    It would also be great if they put 6 past Swansea on Sunday :)

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    It would also be great if they put 6 past Swansea on Sunday :)
    Agreed, but I think Swansea will see this as a chance to get an easy three points against a side that look like they have no idea how to turn things around.

Looking at the bottom teams, they all seem to be prepared to fight to survive - with the exception of Leicester who look like they are sleepwalking into relegation in the same way that Leeds and Newcastle have done in recent times (the old 'we're too good to go down' syndrome)

if you look at their three standout players last year - Kante, Mahrez and Vardy it's not hard to see what's going wrong.

Kante - jumped ship.
    Mahrez - looks disinterested (probably wishing he'd gone too)
    Vardy - one trick pony that's been found out and has nothing else to give.

Defeat to the jacks on Sunday may well see them drop into the bottom three. Personally I don't think they've got the mental strength needed to pull themselves back out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Agreed, but I think Swansea will see this as a chance to get an easy three points against a side that look like they have no idea how to turn things around.

Looking at the bottom teams, they all seem to be prepared to fight to survive - with the exception of Leicester who look like they are sleepwalking into relegation in the same way that Leeds and Newcastle have done in recent times (the old 'we're too good to go down' syndrome)

if you look at their three standout players last year - Kante, Mahrez and Vardy it's not hard to see what's going wrong.

Kante - jumped ship.
    Mahrez - looks disinterested (probably wishing he'd gone too)
    Vardy - one trick pony that's been found out and has nothing else to give.

Defeat to the jacks on Sunday may well see them drop into the bottom three. Personally I don't think they've got the mental strength needed to pull themselves back out.
    I see the Leicester board have given Ranieri 100% backing.
    That means he will be gone before the end of the season.

A lot of this Leicester team were with them two years ago when they pulled off an escape from relegation that the pundits had been saying was beyond them for most of the season. Therefore, they have a nucleus of the current team that know what it's like to win a relegation battle against the odds.

What Leicester had then, and in the two seasons either side of it, was a great team spirit allied with a pace and vibrancy in their play which made them unstoppable at times, so what's changed since then?

On the playing side, their experienced defenders have become aging ones whose best days are behind them and none of the expensive signings last summer have made much of an impact.

However, it's that loss of the momentum, belief and power that their unshakable spirit gave them which is most responsible for their decline I'd say. If I had to predict, I think they'll stay up, but it was around this time last year that I finally cottoned on to the fact they could win the title and. after watching how easily they collapsed on Sunday, I don't make that forecast about them avoiding the drop with much confidence.

For a side to slip so dramatically it's more than loss of form surely. The talk of player unrest with Ranieri makes sense to me looking how badly things have turned but how harsh would it be to sack him after last season!

I get the feeling however that will be there only option to stay up in the next few weeks if the slide hasn't stopped

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I've no particular affinity to Leicester and I'm not sure what it is.

It's not the team or the fans I feel sad for, perhaps it's Ranieri, who has always seemed to be "honest" and rarely makes excuses or blames officials, I think it's more to do with the way the fairytale is turning into a horror show.
    Like you're a kid who has gone along to the cinema at Christmas to see Bambi and ended up sitting through the exorcist!

Nah, there are teams I'd much rather see burn before Leicester but they do look like a team that is doomed.
    Of course I, as many of us, would love to see them do the jacks and turn their season around but as has been mentioned, SC will be relishing playing the champions at this moment in time.

I've no particular affinity to Leicester and I'm not sure what it is.

It's not the team or the fans I feel sad for, perhaps it's Ranieri, who has always seemed to be "honest" and rarely makes excuses or blames officials, I think it's more to do with the way the fairytale is turning into a horror show.
    Like you're a kid who has gone along to the cinema at Christmas to see Bambi and ended up sitting through the exorcist!

Nah, there are teams I'd much rather see burn before Leicester but they do look like a team that is doomed.
    Of course I, as many of us, would love to see them do the jacks and turn their season around but as has been mentioned, SC will be relishing playing the champions at this moment in time.
    Yes, a win for the Swans on Saturday could see both clubs fortunes turn 180 degrees

It's such a dramatic fall from grace. Not fully sure what's gone on there. Considering they went from relegation fodder to winning the league & now back to where they were. Don't understand how that can happen, was it complaisancy?

Seems like their title was a genuine fluke.

All they've really lost is Kante, regardless if he was a defensive wall in front of the back 4 it doesn't explain the lack of goals scored.

They're going to shithouse through the champions league and still go down, aren't they?