+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Virgin media

Re: Virgin media

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    The only reason I went with VM was I didn't want a landline and they are the only provider to offer this.
    Prior to my switch I've been with sky for both TV and internet and we always get great internet speeds here and so never had a moments problem with them.
    Personally I wouldn't go over to VM TV over Sky's offerings but that's just personal choice.

I'd just go with the deal that suits you because there's not much between any of the bigger suppliers but would avoid the cheap and cheerful options at the same time too!
    Do Sky packages include broadband and mobile phone numbers ?
    Sorry to be so dense but we have been away from South Wales (and UK in general) for almost 30 years.
    Many friends tell me if they take all 3 from Virgin, they get a very good deal. Plus they threaten to cancel after 12 months and are then offered a considerable discount !!!!

Sky have just started doing mobile contracts so you could no doubt bundle everything in to one supplier and possibly save a few quid. Not sure what network they use however.
    You should get a good deal as a new customer it's worth using the comparison sites out there to tailor exactly what you want

Sky have just started doing mobile contracts so you could no doubt bundle everything in to one supplier and possibly save a few quid. Not sure what network they use however.
    You should get a good deal as a new customer it's worth using the comparison sites out there to tailor exactly what you want
    thanks

They seem to have other providers running scared. I'm with O2 and went in to switch to sky's mobile (unlimited texts/calls 1gb data for £10/month) and )2 gave me unlimited texts/calls plus 2gb data for £10 - for 6 months anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    They seem to have other providers running scared. I'm with O2 and went in to switch to sky's mobile (unlimited texts/calls 1gb data for £10/month) and )2 gave me unlimited texts/calls plus 2gb data for £10 - for 6 months anyway.
    Thanks. with all the competition it sounds like the consumer is getting a very good deal.
    As mentioned above, a few friends have confirmed that by threatening cancellation (TV packages) they are being offered better deals on the spot......

Down to 1mbps again here in CF14.

Local problems again according to Virgin.

Over and out I'm afraid, 12 months of grief.

Great when its working but reliability is sh!t

Anyone else getting problems with broadband??
    They have problems with their super hub 3 latest router. Supposed to be updating software for them.

Down to 1mbps again here in CF14.

Local problems again according to Virgin.

Over and out I'm afraid, 12 months of grief.

Great when its working but reliability is sh!t
    34mbps for me in CF14 (paying for 150 mind) and 23mbps on 4g

Been problematic all over the weekend, still playing up.