Last night I watched the Wolves v Blackburn 1960 Cup Final on Youtube and it was like watching a load of old men kicking a medicine ball around in clown shoes. I watch old games without the commentary and then trying to recognise the players. Peter Dobing stood out. He was one of the few players who showed any skill. Ally MacLeod looked good. But I didn't remember him at all as a player. The standard of football compared to nowadays was terrible. Yet I enjoy watching these old games more than modern games. Watching a Premiership game on TV is like watching kids play Fifa 16. It is too fast and it doesn't seem natural.

I regularly chat to a couple of former Premiership players and they know nothing about players from the 1950s, 1960s and even the 1970s. They are too diplomatic to say it but I think they regard the game then as a load of amateurish bollocks. I don't think any managers or players today are interested in football in the old days. On this site there would be loads of posters, particularly those like me who enjoy Bob's quiz, who would know something about players like Frank Large, Rodney Fern and Graham Cross – just to take a few names at random – but there would not be one manager or player in the whole league who had ever heard of them. The old game and its players are just not relevant or interesting to them. Out of all the British players from the 1950s and 1960s I would guess that only George Best, Jimmy Greaves, Bobbly Moore, John Charles and Bobby Charlton would walk into a Premiership team. Can you think of any others?