+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sony 32TS2E

Sony 32TS2E

My old Plasma tele (voted What Hi Fi television of the year for 2003) is unused and gathering dust currently and I was just wondering if there was any sort of market for them these days? I would have thought any time when they could be sold as a nostalgia item is some way off yet and so, I suppose it's pretty worthless really.

I may well be moving soon and, as things stand, the telly will be one of plenty of items which will be going in the skip that I'll be hiring - that makes me sad though, because I used it regularly until last year and have never had a single problem with it in the fourteen years I've had it.

Re: Sony 32TS2E

Paul, I have a 50 inch plasma, which is about 8 years old, and the picture is brilliant, much better than led and lcd, when it packs up I will get myself an oled which is like a plasma but better. Anyway off the point here. Not much of a market for these old plasma's but you could try on ebay, but I don't think you will get much for it, but rather than bin it, I am sure there are lots of charity shops, that would love it. Although a lot of these shops do not sell electrical items, some do, but some of them have agreements with local traders, who take them away and pay the shops for these items. Hope this helps

Use a freecycle website or post it on gumtree for a knock down price. There are plenty of young people starting out that need the basic items but haven't got the funds to buy everything straight away.

They come and collect it, it saves you the money of getting a skip.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Use a freecycle website or post it on gumtree for a knock down price. There are plenty of young people starting out that need the basic items but haven't got the funds to buy everything straight away.

I'll be getting a skip anyway, but I've yet to decide whether to keep it or get a second smart TV when I move - putting it on Gumtree or giving it to a charity shop like Governor says are better than just dumping it because there's probably years of use left in it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post

Cool (Y) Yes experienced once

I assume you are going into an old folks home. Make sure you ask for a room mate with liberal / globalist views. Some of those old people have very evil reactionary views and you could end up sharing with someone who voted for Brexit. Check if you are allowed to stick anything on the walls otherwise you might have to dump your Vote for Hillary poster.

Don't put your fooball programmes, your Football Monthys and your Soccer Stars in the skip. You can get a few quid for them on ebay. Dump the Heath and Efficiencys – at night would be best if you still value your reputation – because you can see all that stuff on the internet now.

We've got a 27" plasma in the loft from about 10 years ago.

Weighs significantly more than our 50" LCD...and surprisingly close to my one-year-old 60" plasma. Caught me out when I tried to lift it (with little effort) recently.

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    I assume you are going into an old folks home. Make sure you ask for a room mate with liberal / globalist views. Some of those old people have very evil reactionary views and you could end up sharing with someone who voted for Brexit. Check if you are allowed to stick anything on the walls otherwise you might have to dump your Vote for Hillary poster.

Don't put your fooball programmes, your Football Monthys and your Soccer Stars in the skip. You can get a few quid for them on ebay. Dump the Heath and Efficiencys – at night would be best if you still value your reputation – because you can see all that stuff on the internet now.
    That was one L of a smutty mag!

the trouble with freecycle is that you get people come and collect and then sell on

loads of facebook groups to give stuff away to people starting out in life

the trouble with facebook groups is that you get people come and collect and then sell on

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    the trouble with facebook groups is that you get people come and collect and then sell on
    except you can see what they have got in the past, look at the profile and see if they are actually moving into a new flat etc etc

of course they might just be posting lie's on FB, but it does seem a little OTT

If you are happy giving away to charity then the British Heart Foundation will gladly come and collect it from your house

https://www.bhf.org.uk/shop/donating...ure-collection

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post

Cheeky sod .

Quote Originally Posted by Ceefax View Post
    If you are happy giving away to charity then the British Heart Foundation will gladly come and collect it from your house

https://www.bhf.org.uk/shop/donating...ure-collection
    Thanks for that. I think the most likely outcome is that I will keep it as a second telly when I move, but, if I change my mind, I'll get in touch with the BHF and, anyway, I'm sure there will be other stuff (furniture etc) I can give them.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Thanks for that. I think the most likely outcome is that I will keep it as a second telly when I move, but, if I change my mind, I'll get in touch with the BHF and, anyway, I'm sure there will be other stuff (furniture etc) I can give them.
    Where are you moving to Paul? Upgrading or downgrading?
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Where are you moving to Paul? Upgrading or downgrading?
    Spedger
    Definitely downgrading Spedger - even then I'll probably need to find a part time job for the £3 or £4 k a year i need to break even.