+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 7 day nowtv sports pass free

Re: 7 day nowtv sports pass free

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    I'm sure nobody's going to get fined for owning a Kodi box.
    Don't tell me, tell the colonel.

I think he's spent too much time talking with those nutters on the politics forum.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Don't tell me, tell the colonel.

I think he's spent too much time talking with those nutters on the politics forum.
    Lol

Looks like they'll be starting out with letters at first: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/pirating-tv-shows-films-illegal-download-recieve-message-isp-internet-provider-a7531276.html

Internet companies send letters to customers who have been downloading pirated content

Sky, BT and Virgin Media are getting in contact with customers from today (17th Jan 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Looks like they'll be starting out with letters at first: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/pirating-tv-shows-films-illegal-download-recieve-message-isp-internet-provider-a7531276.html

Internet companies send letters to customers who have been downloading pirated content

Sky, BT and Virgin Media are getting in contact with customers from today (17th Jan 2017)
    The measures have been a long time coming, and it shows. Having initially been agreed back in 2014, the system will only apply to P2P file-sharing, so any customers exclusively using illegal streaming services won’t be targeted.

It's the seventh of February today butt.

The measures have been a long time coming, and it shows. Having initially been agreed back in 2014, the system will only apply to P2P file-sharing, so any customers exclusively using illegal streaming services won’t be targeted.
    Yeah but the term "illegal streaming services" should be an indication of what's next on the to-do list for these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    It's the seventh of February today butt.
    That's the sub-headline, that's why I added the date at the end.

Yeah but the term "illegal streaming services" should be an indication of what's next on the to-do list for these guys.
    Hardly crime of the century though is it? Not when Rolf, Jimmy, Stuart etc are getting royal pardons from Always Away?

Hardly crime of the century though is it? Not when Rolf, Jimmy, Stuart etc are getting royal pardons from Always Away?
    If it turns out that Rolf is also an illegal streamer then frankly they should bring back hanging.

If it turns out that Rolf is also an illegal streamer then frankly they should bring back hanging.
    I'm not sure Rolf bothered too much with mainstream movies.

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    I forgot about that. Will I have to cancel my virgin
    Where you going to find a f ucking virgin in Wales

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Where you going to find a f ucking virgin in Wales
    If we're only including blow jobs then he won't have to look too far.......

I don't know if they've started collecting data for the Snoopers Charter because of the European Parliament's objection but if they are collecting data then a Kodi box, or any of those types of boxes will end up getting the owner in trouble.

I wouldn't mind betting that Rupert Murdoch was the main advocate of the charter in the first place. One thing is for sure, it aint about catching terrorists.
    Exactamondo dude!

Expect to see a few people dragged through courts in the next year or two, heavy fines, and people ditching Kodi-streams out of fear. Kodi are distancing themselves from the methods used to steal - sorry stream media from Sky for free.

It is theft, and the corporations will win.

I pay for all my music and always have.
    You're not paying for your TV viewing though. My sister's friend had a £750 fine 10 years ago because of Limewire.

I had to call Sky to get my price reduced for another year. It's going to be the last year - the advisor said - because soon we won't be competing with illegal downloads. However long term Sky customers can expect some "deal" for their loyalty.

And don't think VPNs are going to save you- the hosting company will be getting fined or blocked from the UK altogether. Those geeks running free VPNs from the Netherlands get nervous when the Governments start issuing fines and you will find your "anonymous" activities are not as anonymous as you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    You're not paying for your TV viewing though. My sister's friend had a £750 fine 10 years ago because of Limewire.
    What if they're just using it for the free channels?

Is that still stealing?

What if they're just using it for the free channels?

Is that still stealing?
    Why would you use it for that when the companies offer the service for free on the Web?

You could try to argue you were using Kodi for BBC4 or ITV and, assuming you have a TV licence you will be ok. But don't be daft on thinking they can't work out which channels are being watched, by whom and when.

Why would you use it for that when the companies offer the service for free on the Web?

You could try to argue you were using Kodi for BBC4 or ITV and, assuming you have a TV licence you will be ok. But don't be daft on thinking they can't work out which channels are being watched, by whom and when.
    Perhaps they want to be able to watch it on a big telly, as opposed to a laptop or tablet?

The point I'm making is that the box itself isn't illegal, merely some of the stuff that can be put on there.

as I understand it the only people targeted in the latest raids are the people selling them fully loaded.

Nothing illegal about the boxes themselves.

Of course I'm speaking hypothetically here - we all know those thieving pair of bastards from Barry are using it to watch sports and films.

Perhaps they want to be able to watch it on a big telly, as opposed to a laptop or tablet?

The point I'm making is that the box itself isn't illegal, merely some of the stuff that can be put on there.

as I understand it the only people targeted in the latest raids are the people selling them fully loaded.

Of course I'm speaking hypothetically here - we all know those thieving pair of bastards from Barry are using it to watch sports and films.
    Are we?

I
    And don't think VPNs are going to save you- the hosting company will be getting fined or blocked from the UK altogether. Those geeks running free VPNs from the Netherlands get nervous when the Governments start issuing fines and you will find your "anonymous" activities are not as anonymous as you think.
    from the days of the FXP scene to now, we have always had to stay one step ahead, i am pretty sure if you want to stream a movie you will be able to without " them " see'ing what you are upto

VPN's ( I am sure russia will be a nice place for them ) will just move around, just like the NG scene, groups get blocked and stuff taken down, then guess what, it pops up somewhere else

Yep, nothing wrong with Kodi boxes. There are ways to get the free to air channels on a big tv - Kodi would be fine for this I guess providing you have a TV licence.

Using Kodi to watch pay per view channels for nothing is wrong, and the tools are being put into place to catch the culprits. It will be invoked en masse - ISP by ISP. Some people are even using Sky broadband to watch Sky on Kodi and think their thieving ways are undetectable! The Snoopers charter will be more effective at stopping people pinching pay tv than it will be in preventing any terrorist attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    from the days of the FXP scene to now, we have always had to stay one step ahead, i am pretty sure if you want to stream a movie you will be able to without " them " see'ing what you are upto

VPN's ( I am sure russia will be a nice place for them ) will just move around, just like the NG scene, groups get blocked and stuff taken down, then guess what, it pops up somewhere else
    Yeah, I think you misunderstand how easy it is to get the data. The more places you have to visit to get your stolen TV fix, the easier it is to profile your illicit activities.

Good luck, wouldn't want you to be one of the first ones caught because the early fines will be eye watering. Not as eye watering as the shower scenes in your own real life Prison movie, but at least you'll have something to talk about - what with you not being allowed to use the internet any more an' all.

Yeah, I think you misunderstand how easy it is to get the data. The more places you have to visit to get your stolen TV fix, the easier it is to profile your illicit activities.

Good luck, wouldn't want you to be one of the first ones caught because the early fines will be eye watering. Not as eye watering as the shower scenes in your own real life Prison movie, but at least you'll have something to talk about - what with you not being allowed to use the internet any more an' all.
    you will only visit one place though, the VPN based in some country that will not hand the info over

this isnt new, people have been using proxy's for decades

so it will go back to the old way and DL raw encrypted files, or will it be illegal to DL stuff from the net aswell ? ? ? files AG689gj876yt in a passworded rar will be not worth the ISP chasing

or the old DC scene will reappear ( but in todays modern clothes ) , it will stop streaming, yes of course it will, but with the speeds we get, a SD movie would take a few minutes , I know the counter argument will be " yes by stuff like DC and FXP's are beyond the average guy in the street " that might be right, but the 'net is powerful and it is full of info to use to learn how to use different scenes, the genie is out of the bottle, FAST and FACT will always be on the back foot, the amount of traffic these days must be a horrendous amount to police

for the record, it will not be me getting caught, as i do not stream sports or movies, i just dont have the time these days

Kodi Box is the way forward.
    Until this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-37474595

A legal case concerning the sale of video-streaming set-top boxes that can access subscription content for free began on Tuesday.
    So-called "fully-loaded Kodi boxes" have gained popularity, but the legality of their sale is in question.

They are a coming for thee

I bought a fully-loaded Kodi box when I was in Thailand last month.
    I don't bother with it but my wife uses it to keep the grandkids amused on the weekends.
    Am I breaking the law?
    I don't mean to sound stupid, but I'm just a dumb roofer and I don't understand all this malarky.