+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone ever been on the tele?

Re: Anyone ever been on the tele?

I couldn't get to a game and gave my son my ST. He ended up being filmed holding a banner on TV:

Cardiff banner 010.jpg

I've been on TV a few times and feature in several YouTube vids - but I am naturally a shy, retiring, well-adjusted bloke who doesn't need to draw attention to hisself by posting details on here...

My daughter, myself and two of my mates were interviewed on Sky Sports before Wales V Belgium in the Cardiff fan zone !

I had an interview on Radio 4. Does that count?

I was in 2 half hour Sports Quiz shows on BBC Wales in 1973. They were the semi final and final of a national quiz team competition recorded in the BBC studios in Broadway. I was in a team representing the Royal Oak in Whitchurch. We were the overall winners. I was also on 15-1 in the 90s, didn't win it though.

I was interviewed on itv back in the seventies when identity cards were introduced by the club. Also interviewed boarding the bus to Servette 76 for the cup winners cup second leg

I am in this video that was on Top of The Pops once. https://youtu.be/KAgFy3pWhZk and I can be seen standing behind Fiona whatsername in an episode of Antiques Roadshow filmed at Tredegar House a few years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I couldn't get to a game and gave my son my ST. He ended up being filmed holding a banner on TV:

Cardiff banner 010.jpg

I've been on TV a few times and feature in several YouTube vids - but I am naturally a shy, retiring, well-adjusted bloke who doesn't need to draw attention to hisself by posting details on here...

Every home game via highlights on channel 5 ,glimpse of a view, as the camera sweeps past my seat on corners

Appeared on Scottish TV when I (and hundreds of passengers) were stranded in the Outer Hebrides for 2 days when the local Air Traffic Controllers went home on Saturday afternoon. The incoming flight from Glasgow, which would have taken us to that city, was delayed and the ATC johnnies reckoned that they had done the hours asked of them and duly disappeared.
    As no flights took place in the Outer Hebrides on Sundays due to religious reasons we couldn't fly until the Monday. I was not best pleased and the TV cameras rolled as I whittered about it being like a third world country.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Appeared on Scottish TV when I (and hundreds of passengers) were stranded in the Outer Hebrides for 2 days I was not best pleased and the TV cameras rolled as I whittered about it being like a third world country.
    I think I saw that - was it on Candid Camera?

Quote Originally Posted by Escæpe Gøæts View Post
    I had a camera on me at a South Africa vs West Indies ODI in Cardiff during the ICC Champions Trophy a couple years ago.

A miserable fecker, draped in a South Africa flag because it had been raining and all round bloody cold day.

And SA lost to make it worse
    Funnily enough, the exact same thing happened to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    I was in 2 half hour Sports Quiz shows on BBC Wales in 1973. They were the semi final and final of a national quiz team competition recorded in the BBC studios in Broadway. I was in a team representing the Royal Oak in Whitchurch. We were the overall winners. I was also on 15-1 in the 90s, didn't win it though.
    I used to love 15-1 What was that Stewart bloke like, was he ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    I used to love 15-1 What was that Stewart bloke like, was he ok?
    He was a really nice bloke, at both the audition and the actual programme he made a point of speaking to each person individually beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    He was a really nice bloke, at both the audition and the actual programme he made a point of speaking to each person individually beforehand.
    Jimmy Saville was the same when I was on Jim'll fix it.
    I mean I never asked to milk a cow blindfolded but fair play to him he made it happen.

Cheers Jim

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    What with the Internet now, there must be plenty of footage if you were on the box.
    My missus was on eggheads years ago. Incidentaly, I contacted the bbc they want 90 quid to give a copy of her episode.
    She didn't win her round and her team lost.

There's plenty of footage of the BLUETIT on the box , but anyone else?
    Interviewed by Soccer Saturday about Malcky the year we went up. In the club shop.
    Looking like a damp jonny Vegas on national TV, no further job offers came in sadly.

Interviewed by bbc news on our enjoyment of the warmest Valentine's Day in London many years ago when my mate realised he told his boss he was ill . Shame