+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Reminder Why I hate the 6 Nations

Another Reminder Why I hate the 6 Nations

These adverts are seriously cringeworthy. Whats good about England.?
    I can imagine the outrage if the ball was on the other foot.
    Real chip on both shoulders stuff.
    Plus bet all those asked support Man U or Liverpool.

Feck it was bad enough Sunday with people asking where I was watching the match and looking at me as if ive got 2 heads when I said no interest whatsoever.

Saturday is going to be a nighmare with that same stupid fecking question all day.

They wont get it when i say im not going to Leeds.

Re: Another Reminder Why I hate the 6 Nations

Off down to Cornwall this weekend with the Missus.
    Didn't know it was Wales vs England when I booked it but I'm so glad I did now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

Feck it was bad enough Sunday with people asking where I was watching the match and looking at me as if ive got 2 heads when I said no interest whatsoever.

Saturday is going to be a nighmare with that same stupid fecking question all day.

£37 for your ticket seems a bargain compared to what the prices are to watch the six nations

It's a great time to go out. Stay in until about 30 mins before kick off (egg heads all get there stuff done pre match) and then it's a dream. The roads are dead and even shopping gets closer to bearable

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    It's a great time to go out. Stay in until about 30 mins before kick off (egg heads all get there stuff done pre match) and then it's a dream. The roads are dead and even shopping gets closer to bearable
    This.
    I drove home from Tenby on Sunday afternoon when the eggers were playing and the roads were quiet.
    Very often when the eggers are playing I'll pop into town to get my odds and sods. It makes perfect sense to someone like myself who got no interest in the game at all.

Offered a free meal, drinks and tickets for the rugby ( which I actually quite enjoy), but turned them all down to go to Leeds with my lad and our mates.

Should be awesome - 30000 Leeds fans and a sneaky feeling we can get something out of it and spoil their day.

Nothing in the rugby could beat seeing us win at Elland Road

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    If the roads are dead every time the eggers play, then surely that proves we are a rugby nation after all 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    If the roads are dead every time the eggers play, then surely that proves we are a rugby nation after all 🤔
    Was that up for debate then?

We're a nation of Egbert about five times a year. The rest of the time we're football.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    We're a nation of Egbert about five times a year. The rest of the time we're football.
    Quite. If we're so obsessed with Rugby then surely the regions would be sold out every game?
    As it is we're a nation of media bandwagon jumpers and event-goers and our national sport is drinking (and we're bad at it).

Awful lot of threads and comments on rugby considering none of you care about it.

Who gives a ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

And what a stupid kick off time!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    And what a stupid kick off time!!
    What time is kick off - twenty years ago there was no way on earth that I wouldn't know when a Wales Six Nations (think it was Five back then wasn't it?) match was starting.

The Welsh, when they've got their faux Rugby passions fanned are an embarrassment.
    90% wouldn't know Lee Halfpenny if they tripped over him

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    The Welsh, when they've got their faux Rugby passions fanned are an embarrassment.
    I don't know why I'm arsed to reply but the welsh football team is the biggest bandwagon event I have ever seen.

And the majority of "The Welsh", support English teams in football.

Ya don't have a leg to stand on in regard to this argument I am afraid.

Plenty of mongs at the football. More actually.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    I don't know why I'm arsed to reply but the welsh football team is the biggest bandwagon event I have ever seen.

And that`s mainly the English hating Rugby fans

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    And that`s mainly the English hating Rugby fans
    Is it bollocks, I know loads of man united and Liverpool fans who went to watch Wales at the euros. Most had been to about 1 wales match in the previous 10 years too.

I don't understand why people always have to try and put the other sport down. Pathetic grown men acting like little kids.

Not at all.

It just proves we're a nation of pissheads. Take away the all day drinking and most people wouldn't really care.

On the plus side, it proves we're also a nation that leaves the car at home when we're out on the piss.

So it's not all bad.

If you're out in town then it's fun to spot the characters around during a home rugger match. Like a Six nations bingo.

Man with jeans, brown pointy shoes and a Wales rugger top.

Overweight woman in tight rugger shirt, jeans and shoes.

Woman with sparkly Wales cowboy hat, often worn with a fake supermarket rugger shirt.

Valley lad in tight t-shirt walking around like he's got rolled up carpet under each arm, often on steroids.

Middle class bloke in wax jacket and scarf, probably a Blues fan.

Groups of twenty something women in the pub, wittering on amongst themselves, only looking up at the telly and cheering when Wales look like scoring, then going back to their chat.

Bloke in adidas trainers, jeans and Lacoste polo shirt muttering to himself about bloody eggers.

At least they actually watch club football...

They all came out of the woodwork for the euros. Pricks opposite our house, they've never been to a Wales game before, all decked out in their sports direct shite Welsh tops, over in France, now back to cheering on Liverpool on the telly, wankers.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    They all came out of the woodwork for the euros. Pricks opposite our house, they've never been to a Wales game before, all decked out in their sports direct shite Welsh tops, over in France, now back to cheering on Liverpool on the telly, wankers.
    But why does this wind people up? Let people enjoy what they want.

You aren't the gatekeeper to being interested in Welsh football, there are no standards to be met people can enjoy what they want when they want. Not everyone can be or wants to be a diehard fan of everything. Sometimes it's nice to dip in and out of different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Is it bollocks, I know loads of man united and Liverpool fans who went to watch Wales at the euros. Most had been to about 1 wales match in the previous 10 years too.

I don't understand why people always have to try and put the other sport down. Pathetic grown men acting like little kids.
    I think you missed the point. They will hate England with a passion on Saturday afternoon but love it if Manu or Liverpool win on the same weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    If you're out in town then it's fun to spot the characters around during a home rugger match. Like a Six nations bingo.

Man with jeans, brown pointy shoes and a Wales rugger top.

Overweight woman in tight rugger shirt, jeans and shoes.

Woman with sparkly Wales cowboy hat, often worn with a fake supermarket rugger shirt.

Valley lad in tight t-shirt walking around like he's got rolled up carpet under each arm, often on steroids.

Middle class bloke in wax jacket and scarf, probably a Blues fan.

Groups of twenty something women in the pub, wittering on amongst themselves, only looking up at the telly and cheering when Wales look like scoring, then going back to their chat.

Bloke in adidas trainers, jeans and Lacoste polo shirt muttering to himself about bloody eggers.
    To be fair I've seen grown men at Ninian Park who had shat themselves and sat there through the game.

Welsh people are what they are and be they football, rugby, darts or golf fans who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    It's Leigh Halfpenny.