+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which CCMB poster will the subject of an article in "Family Tree" magazine?

Which CCMB poster will the subject of an article in "Family Tree" magazine?

Family Tree magazine has a circulation of around 30,000 and is stocked by all good newsagents, such as WH Smith.

I've just heard from the editor that she is commissioning an article of 1,200 words featuring the notable ancestors of an occasional, eccentric poster on here. The biggest problem will be persuading the reticent person to pose eating a huge gob-stopper while looking out to sea with a brass telescope.

It may be a case for a Photoshop......
    Last edited by Cyclops; 09-02-17 at 16:47.

Re: Which CCMB poster will the subject of an article in "Family Tree" magazine?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Family Tree magazine has a circulation of around 30,000 and is stocked by all good newsagents, such as WH Smith.

I've just heard from the editor that she is commissioning an article of 1,200 words featuring the notable ancestors of an occasional, eccentric poster on here. The biggest problem will be persuading the reticent person to pose eating a huge gob-stopper while looking out to sea with a brass telescope.

You're not narrowing this down much!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    You're not narrowing this down much!
    Is the word you want, eclectic?

Blog Entries

They don't make gob-stoppers big enough I'm really pleased for you, aren't you clever.

It will be a case of photoshop

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    ..... aren't you clever.
    “They say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit," Valkyrie said.
    China glanced at her. "They've obviously never met me.”
    ― Derek Landy

Blog Entries

“They say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit," Valkyrie said.
    China glanced at her. "They've obviously never met me.”
    ― Derek Landy
    Sarcasm? why wouldn't they want to print it? your work is excellent, it's my complimenting skills that are not up to scratch.

Sarcasm? why wouldn't they want to print it? your work is excellent, it's my complimenting skills that are not up to scratch.
    Cyclops is chasing my family tree back for me has we speak. Some of the things he has found out for me about my FT have blown me away. The guy is an absolute legend.
    He hasn't finished mine yet but he has given me a few snippits. Aparently I got an ancestor called Cornelius. What sort of name is that

They don't make gob-stoppers big enough I'm really pleased for you, aren't you clever.

It will be a case of photoshop
    On a serious note you two. Let me know when the article is printed. Looking forward to reading that

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Alien View Post
    Cyclops is chasing my family tree back for me has we speak. Some of the things he has found out for me about my FT have blown me away. The guy is an absolute legend.
    He hasn't finished mine yet but he has given me a few snippits. Aparently I got an ancestor called Cornelius. What sort of name is that
    It's really interesting isn't it, I had no idea how much information there is out there to be found tbh, I would never have found the two books full that he found about mine on my own I know that.

Your relative Cornelius wasn't worth £7.5m by any chance was he?

Yeah I will let you know he will be asking you to pose for a pic with something in your gob next btw

Do you want to see the photo of your greatx2 grandparents (born in the early 1850's) now or later? Research finished - just the writing to do. A few surprises along the way - a bumpy ride.

... he will be asking you to pose for a pic
    ....but fully clothed in his case.....

Blog Entries

....but fully clothed in his case.....
    ..and mine, if you want them to sell any copies that is.

Do you want to see the photo of your greatx2 grandparents (born in the early 1850's) now or later? Research finished - just the writing to do. A few surprises along the way - a bumpy ride.
    I'm quite happy to wait mate for the finished thing.
    I really can't thank you enough. I'll be like a kid on Christmas moning when it arrives

It's really interesting isn't it, I had no idea how much information there is out there to be found tbh, I would never have found the two books full that he found about mine on my own I know that.

Your relative Cornelius wasn't worth £7.5m by any chance was he?

Yeah I will let you know he will be asking you to pose for a pic with something in your gob next btw
    My Counelius was probably worth about to bob

I'm quite happy to wait mate for the finished thing.
    I really can't thank you enough. I'll be like a kid on Christmas moning when it arrives
    Just as long as you don't drive down the middle lane on the M4......

Blog Entries

Just as long as you don't drive down the middle lane on the M4......
    I would not have done that if the road wasn't empty, there was only me and the copper on the road.

I would not have done that if the road wasn't empty, there was only me and the copper on the road.
    This will not have enhanced your street cred with the law-abiding/but intolerant pro-road-rage drivers on here....

This.

Banned

Are you doing me? A relative of mine invented the telescope I heard

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post

We can all see through that

UPDATE: Article finished and sent to Editor this week.

Among pics is Nug with his telescope ogling in the grounds of the Nurses Hall.

My grand-dad was called Cornelius.
    Are we related?

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    My grand-dad was called Cornelius.
    Are we related?
    Yes, he is the father of one of your parents.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Yes, he is the father of one of your parents.