+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Which CCMB poster will the subject of an article in "Family Tree" magazine?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Re: Which CCMB poster will the subject of an article in "Family Tree" magazine?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    “They say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit," Valkyrie said.
    China glanced at her. "They've obviously never met me.”
    ― Derek Landy
    Sarcasm? why wouldn't they want to print it? your work is excellent, it's my complimenting skills that are not up to scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Sarcasm? why wouldn't they want to print it? your work is excellent, it's my complimenting skills that are not up to scratch.
    Cyclops is chasing my family tree back for me has we speak. Some of the things he has found out for me about my FT have blown me away. The guy is an absolute legend.
    He hasn't finished mine yet but he has given me a few snippits. Aparently I got an ancestor called Cornelius. What sort of name is that

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Alien View Post
    Cyclops is chasing my family tree back for me has we speak. Some of the things he has found out for me about my FT have blown me away. The guy is an absolute legend.
    He hasn't finished mine yet but he has given me a few snippits. Aparently I got an ancestor called Cornelius. What sort of name is that
    It's really interesting isn't it, I had no idea how much information there is out there to be found tbh, I would never have found the two books full that he found about mine on my own I know that.

Your relative Cornelius wasn't worth £7.5m by any chance was he?

Yeah I will let you know he will be asking you to pose for a pic with something in your gob next btw

... he will be asking you to pose for a pic
    ....but fully clothed in his case.....

Blog Entries

....but fully clothed in his case.....
    ..and mine, if you want them to sell any copies that is.

It's really interesting isn't it, I had no idea how much information there is out there to be found tbh, I would never have found the two books full that he found about mine on my own I know that.

Your relative Cornelius wasn't worth £7.5m by any chance was he?

Yeah I will let you know he will be asking you to pose for a pic with something in your gob next btw
    My Counelius was probably worth about to bob

Do you want to see the photo of your greatx2 grandparents (born in the early 1850's) now or later? Research finished - just the writing to do. A few surprises along the way - a bumpy ride.

Do you want to see the photo of your greatx2 grandparents (born in the early 1850's) now or later? Research finished - just the writing to do. A few surprises along the way - a bumpy ride.
    I'm quite happy to wait mate for the finished thing.
    I really can't thank you enough. I'll be like a kid on Christmas moning when it arrives

I'm quite happy to wait mate for the finished thing.
    I really can't thank you enough. I'll be like a kid on Christmas moning when it arrives
    Just as long as you don't drive down the middle lane on the M4......

Blog Entries

Just as long as you don't drive down the middle lane on the M4......
    I would not have done that if the road wasn't empty, there was only me and the copper on the road.

I would not have done that if the road wasn't empty, there was only me and the copper on the road.
    This will not have enhanced your street cred with the law-abiding/but intolerant pro-road-rage drivers on here....

This.

My grand-dad was called Cornelius.
    Are we related?

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Are we related?
    Yes, he is the father of one of your parents.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

:fingers:

Are we related?
    I don't think so. The Cornelius in my family was born in 1668

Are we related?
    My grandfather's middle name was 'Loverock'. Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    My grandfather's middle name was 'Loverock'. Just sayin'
    I have an female ancestor with the Christian name, Midsummer. "Middie"?

Richyrich

I have an female ancestor with the Christian name, Midsummer. "Middie"?
    Hey Cyclops, how hard is it to research the ancestry of a Jones in Wales?

Quote Originally Posted by Richyrich View Post
    You'd be surprised that it is not necessarily as difficult as you'd imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Richyrich View Post
    Best of luck with that one mate.
    I tried tracing my Mum's side of my family tree back and I was getting nowhere, and she got a very unusual surname.
    In the end Cyclops kindly agreed to trace mine back for me and some of the stuff he unearthed was staggering. Not just the names of my ancestors but lots of info about them too. He managed to go back as far as my grandfather x 8 in the 1600s.