+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lost wheel nut key.

Lost wheel nut key.

I have somehow mislaid the box with my wheel nut key!!

I have tried phoning Evans Halsham {it is a zafira) but because it is fitted post production they need the box for the serial number.

Can't take it down because it has a flat tyre at the moment (RAC towed me home early hours of yesterday morning).

Looking at a couple of options but anyone else have any ideas?

Re: Lost wheel nut key.

Similar thing happened to me. Searched high and low and eventually found it... in the glove compartment!

Suggest have a GOOD look first

My Zafira has one of these pumping up the tyre thingies, have you not got this. ?

You can get a can of stuff from a car spares shop to pump up the tyre to get to the garage.Some tyre fitters will come to you,most have an attachment that will unlock the nut but no doubt the call out will cost you.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Similar thing happened to me. Searched high and low and eventually found it... in the glove compartment!

Suggest have a GOOD look first
    I'"m going to have another good search now.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    My Zafira has one of these pumping up the tyre thingies, have you not got this. ?
    That is one of my options, but I have to use Kwik Fit to fit the tyre ĺ( it is a motability car)and kwik fit say they can't do it without the key.

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy View Post
    You can get a can of stuff from a car spares shop to pump up the tyre to get to the garage.Some tyre fitters will come to you,most have an attachment that will unlock the nut but no doubt the call out will cost you.
    Motability car so can only use Kwik Fit.

Kwik Fit mobile say they can't do anything.

Most tyre places can take it off

They'll weld and old wheel onto it and remove that way. You'll need to buy a new wheel but then

Hammer, steel rod and socket set, that's all you need, watch the vid I put up, piss easy job, done a few over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Hammer, steel rod and socket set, that's all you need, watch the vid I put up, piss easy job, done a few over the years.
    he hammered his own finger, fair play he played it cool

https://youtu.be/R6-frJjNhqk?t=110

My wheel nut key is knackered and Ford told me they have to send off for one from Germany?

I needed to change two tyres for MOT last night, and the garage put me onto Parfitt Tyres down Seawall Road. The lad down there got a tool that can take off the locking nut. 10er a wheel. Not many tyre places can do it without the wheel nut key. I just stuck 4 regular nuts on, no ones gonna knick the tyres off my Fiesta nicking tyres is so 1980/90's

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    he hammered his own finger, fair play he played it cool

https://youtu.be/R6-frJjNhqk?t=110
    Yeah I noticed that

Hmmm, I think we have finally found our suspect ....http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...ghlight=Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Hmmm, I think we have finally found our suspect ....http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...ghlight=Wheels
    The game's up! fair cop!

Vauxhall dealers will have a box of around 24 wheel nut keys. A similar problem happened to my wife's car and a Vauxhall dealer sorted it for me.Alternatively the tyre dealers will be able to get the wheel nut off but they might have to break it first.

I thought Liberace was brown bread

Take it to a proper Tyre Centre, they'll have it off within seconds. You don't have to get the tyre done there.

Kwik Fit are literally shite.

Take a drive to Barry Island, go for a brisk 30 minute walk along the golden sands and by the time you return all 4 wheels will have been removed free of charge too.

Step by step guide on the Liverpool message board.