+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Peltier out for season

Peltier out for season

Had op on his ankle that he'd been putting off.

Re: Peltier out for season

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Had op on his ankle that he'd been putting off.

No wonder he needed an op, using his ankle as a golf club. Silly boy.

Warnock said he hoped Peltier would play again before the end of the season - although he expects him to be missing for 2 months.

Manga probably out for a similar time - but maybe as soon as 6 weeks.

Will be a miss against Leeds as their game is built around putting a lot of crosses in for wood to get in the end of. I fancy our centre backs to deal with wood if we can limit the supply. Big game for our fullbacks

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    No wonder he needed an op, using his ankle as a golf club. Silly boy.
    You are so shit

I think he'll be a massive miss for us as we look very unbalanced at the moment. I'd like to see Jazz play on the right and maybe Declan on the left for the duration of time he's out

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I think he'll be a massive miss for us as we look very unbalanced at the moment. I'd like to see Jazz play on the right and maybe Declan on the left for the duration of time he's out
    Bennett on the left and jazz or possibly even Connelly on the right. Does Connelly even play for us still?

He played last week! I'm not a huge fan of him at full back though. Bennett and Jazz could be our best option but i get the impression that Warnock isn't fussed on Bennett

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Warnock said he hoped Peltier would play again before the end of the season - although he expects him to be missing for 2 months.

Declan John coming back into the frame?

BBC Football:
    'Cardiff defender Lee Peltier could be out for the rest of the season, according to City boss Neil Warnock.
    The Bluebirds defender has undergone ankle surgery after being injured in the 2-0 win over Preston'.
    "We'll know more about that in two weeks time, but he's out for a few months we think," he said.
    Warnock also praised the impact Garry Monk has had at Leeds United since he took over last June ahead of Cardiff's visit to Elland Road.
    The Cardiff boss hopes defender Peltier could possibly return to action before the end of the season.
    "Apparently the operation went better than expected," he told BBC Radio Wales Sport.
    "They took three or four big chunks of bone out of his ankle that. It's quite amazing how he's played for as long as he has really.
    "He should be ok by the end of the season."

I thought Warnock wanted Peltier to play through the pain barrier for a few games and have the operation towards the very end of the season?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I thought Warnock wanted Peltier to play through the pain barrier for a few games and have the operation towards the very end of the season?
    He said last week he hoped Peltier could carry on 'until we are safe' and then have the operation.

The pain must have been too much for that to happen and the operation was brought forward to Tuesday gone. In his interview today Warnock said the coaching staff all had a look at the bits of bone taken out of Peltier's ankle and couldn't understand how he had played at all in recent times. He will be a big miss.

He said last week he hoped Peltier could carry on 'until we are safe' and then have the operation.

The pain must have been too much for that to happen and the operation was brought forward to Tuesday gone. In his interview today Warnock said the coaching staff all had a look at the bits of bone taken out of Peltier's ankle and couldn't understand how he had played at all in recent times. He will be a big miss.

I suppose so.

Makes you wonder how these kind of injuries will affect players long after they hang up their boots - arthritis and so on...

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Bennett on the left and jazz or possibly even Connelly on the right. Does Connelly even play for us still?
    He's a good centre half and a fine City servant just not a full back , ok as a sub , just not his game.