+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leeds score predictions

Re: Leeds score predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    I recently posted our poor results against the top teams and the fact that we have only beaten one of them away.
    If you take matches against the top 6 (so in the case of the last two seasons the top 6 at the end of the season and, for this season, the current top 6) Slade's Cardiff City won 0.67 points a game on average away at teams in the top 6, with a win ratio of 16.7%. Warnock is averaging 0.75 points a game and a win ratio of 25%.

During 2015/16 we lost 4 out of 6 away trips to the top 6, drawing at Burnley and Brighton. All 4 of those defeats were by 2 goals or more and we scored 2 goals in those 6 matches. This season we've managed to win 1 at a top 6 side, haven't lost by more than a single goal and have scored in 3 of those 4 matches. I reckon that's progress from last season and more remarkable given our league position.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I reckon that's progress from last season and more remarkable given our league position.
    Progress from last season would mean that we finished better than eighth this season. Warnock has enough games to better last season

Progress from last season would mean that we finished better than eighth this season. Warnock has enough games to better last season
    Now I know you're a clueless troll.

To put you out of your misery, last season we got 68 points at an average of 1.48. Warnock has won 31 from 20 games at an average of 1.55. Given he's had no pre-season, no transfer window and had to sort out the shambles left by Trollope (and Slade to a certain extent), he's doing better than we did last season, so yes we have made progress.

If you're suggesting that we should be higher than 8th already, that would mean we would have needed to be on 48 points as things stand, 9 higher than we are currently. That would mean Warnock needing to average 2 points a game since he took over what was a shambles. I surely don't need to add that 2 points a game is Championship winning form, yet is that what you've been expecting? Really?

Whether you like it or not, Warnock on every level is doing a better job than your bum chum. Time to give it a rest as you keep losing the argument every time you post.

Not many predicted a City win today apart from the Liverpool fan Jeepster. I should have gone with my law of averages system when I realised Leeds had won their last 6 games. I got it wrong and I'm over the moon.
    They lost to Huddersfield last Sunday...

Banned

Now I know you're a clueless troll.

To put you out of your misery, last season we got 68 points at an average of 1.48. Warnock has won 31 from 20 games at an average of 1.55. Given he's had no pre-season, no transfer window and had to sort out the shambles left by Trollope (and Slade to a certain extent), he's doing better than we did last season, so yes we have made progress.

If you're suggesting that we should be higher than 8th already, that would mean we would have needed to be on 48 points as things stand, 9 higher than we are currently. That would mean Warnock needing to average 2 points a game since he took over what was a shambles. I surely don't need to add that 2 points a game is Championship winning form, yet is that what you've been expecting? Really?

Whether you like it or not, Warnock on every level is doing a better job than your bum chum. Time to give it a rest as you keep losing the argument every time you post.
    YOU introduced the word "progress" into the thread, do you know what the word means? We have not progressed from last season you dull ****.

Tandy you are the most pathetic poster we've ever had on here. Your posts are just constant sources of embarrassment for you, I'd leave and come back as someone else and save yourself the deserved grief.

4 - 0 Leeds

And calls for Warnock out.
    4-0?!

What a total dickhead.

YOU introduced the word "progress" into the thread, do you know what the word means? We have not progressed from last season you dull ****.
    I don't know if you'd noticed but we had a rather poor start to the season. One that left us in real relegation danger. You may not have noticed as you may have been too busy watching Charlton slide down the table.

Since the departure of the failed appointment that was Trollope the side has made considerable progress. That's not debatable. In fact, in terms of virtually every statistic you can think of, the club's form under Warnock has been better than it was last season under Slade. More points per game on average, more goals scored on average, more wins on average. That's a fact. Defensively things haven't been quite as good as last season, but the Trollope effect again has to be considered - stopping a side conceding goals isn't just as simple as turning off a tap (as Slade discovered in his first season with us). Since Christmas there's been a marked improvement - 8 conceded in 9 and 4 clean sheets, made all the more impressive by the fact that a third of those 9 games have been at teams in the top 5 of the division. Our form since Christmas would easily get us into the playoffs over a whole season.

You can be as bitter as you want. In virtually every way our club is better under Warnock than it ever was under Slade - in terms of results, enjoyment and attendances. To blame Warnock for us not being better off than we were last season is ridiculous - he wasn't in charge for the first 11 games. Since then we've been superior to last season in every respect.

I don't know if you'd noticed but we had a rather poor start to the season. One that left us in real relegation danger. You may not have noticed as you may have been too busy watching Charlton slide down the table

Since the departure of the failed appointment that was Trollope the side has made considerable progress. That's not debatable. In fact, in terms of virtually every statistic you can think of, the club's form under Warnock has been better than it was last season under Slade. More points per game on average, more goals scored on average, more wins on average. That's a fact. Defensively things haven't been quite as good as last season, but the Trollope effect again has to be considered - stopping a side conceding goals isn't just as simple as turning off a tap (as Slade discovered in his first season with us). Since Christmas there's been a marked improvement - 8 conceded in 9 and 4 clean sheets, made all the more impressive by the fact that a third of those 9 games have been at teams in the top 5 of the division. Our form since Christmas would easily get us into the playoffs over a whole season.

You can be as bitter as you want. In virtually every way our club is better under Warnock than it ever was under Slade - in terms of results, enjoyment and attendances. To blame Warnock for us not being better off than we were last season is ridiculous - he wasn't in charge for the first 11 games. Since then we've been superior to last season in every respect.
    Well said, a fair and true summation. Tandy would obviously disagree though. We were looking at relegation prior to Warnock's appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by JKB View Post
    Well said, a fair and true summation. Tandy would obviously disagree though. We were looking at relegation prior to Warnock's appointment.
    In fairness to Tandy, his football brain is second to none. He once said that Charlton's problems and slide down the table should be attributed to their previous manager rather than Slade. Fair enough, but when it was mentioned that Cardiff's problems earlier in the season could also be attributed to our previous manager rather than Trollope, he thought that was different.

In fairness to Tandy, his football brain is second to none. He once said that Charlton's problems and slide down the table should be attributed to their previous manager rather than Slade. Fair enough, but when it was mentioned that Cardiff's problems earlier in the season could also be attributed to our previous manager rather than Trollope, he thought that was different.
    It would be interesting to hear Tandy's take on Coventry's situation and why with the exception of Peltier all of the players he acquired for Cardiff have left and most are playing at a lower level.

The Predictatron 2000 by Tandy.

IMG_0081.JPG

To quote General Melchett: If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

Those of you who think Slade isn't doing a great job at Coventry are forgetting that they got into the final of the egg and spoon race last week

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Those of you who think Slade isn't doing a great job at Coventry are forgetting that they got into the final of the egg and spoon race last week
    And they lost to the guy in the sack race.