+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Excellent Bellamy article

Re: Excellent Bellamy article

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So pleased to see that the Academy lads are being taught to play a passing game. As Bellamy says, if they are comfortable playing the sort of football he wants, then they should be able to adapt when they get into the first team and, perhaps, need to play in a different way - it has to be better for someone who is comfortable in possession and used to playing a passing game to apply this when playing more of a percentage game in the first team, than to come up through an Academy which plays the percentages and then expect a youngster to be able to play out from the back etc..
    If you compare a Pep arriving at a new club compared to a Big Sam and you can see that one style (for quick results) needs millions and millions spent and a lot of the more talented youth players promoted whereas the other can be drilled into existing players with hours and hours on the training pitch. Young players who are good on the ball and can make good and quick decisions will always find a club, especially if they're physically impressive too.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So pleased to see that the Academy lads are being taught to play a passing game. As Bellamy says, if they are comfortable playing the sort of football he wants, then they should be able to adapt when they get into the first team and, perhaps, need to play in a different way - it has to be better for someone who is comfortable in possession and used to playing a passing game to apply this when playing more of a percentage game in the first team, than to come up through an Academy which plays the percentages and then expect a youngster to be able to play out from the back etc.

City 123 asked who the other player who Bellamy thinks is ready, or very close to being ready, for the first team is and I've been wondering the same thing. Before Christmas, I would probably have gone for Jarrad Welch who was in really good form, but he doesn't seem to have played since Christmas so, as he's surely too young to be one of those the club want to get rid of, I can only think he's injured.

I'd also mention James Waite, Cameron Coxe, and, maybe, Jordan Blaise and Marco Weymans as possibilities - I see Warnock mentioned that, because we've got a lot of injuries, one or two youngsters would be travelling up to Leeds, so there may be a new name on the bench this afternoon.

Bob i don't think they have offered Welch a new contract judging by his twitter etc.

This was a massive shock to me as i think he's been doing well this season.

It suggests to me that it must be something other than his football that has led to this.

It looks like he's gone to Cinderford Town.

I hope whatever the reason the kid manages to prove his worth and push on.
    Last edited by thehumblegringo; 12-02-17 at 16:35.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Bob i don't think they have offered Welch a new contract judging by his twitter etc.

This was a massive shock to me as i think he's been doing well this season.

It suggests to me that it must be something other than his football that has led to this.

It looks like he's gone to Cinderford Town.

I hope whatever the reason the kid manages to prove his worth and push on.
    I see what you mean Gringo. Welch played for Cinderford on Saturday and I see that Des Parrot started a thread on a Cinderford messageboard in which he made mention of him being at that club (I see he mentions Isaac Kelly who was a regular in the Under 18 team before Christmas as well).

http://cinderfordtownfc.proboards.co...ity-connection

I know he was loaned out by the club last season, so I suppose there's the chance that this may have happened again, but, based on what I've seen of him at Under 18 and Under 23 level this season, I'd have thought he would have gone to someone higher up the pyramid than Cinderford.

If he has left City, I can only assume you are right about there being reasons other than footballing ones for this happening, because it strikes me as a very poor piece of decision making by the club if he was released because of what he was doing on the pitch for us this season.

Blue in the Face

Just tried to check on Jarrad Welch's twitter after reading Gringo's post and mispelt his first name. Can't believe how many Jarad Welch's there are on twitter. There's even a dog with that name with a twitter account.

Great article in the OP. Bellemy has really won me over with his rhetoric. I love how self critical he is. People with that attitude tend to be the ones that elevate themselves. So glad CB is back with us.

Any word if he's brought Gabbs back to the club? I very much hope so.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    You seem to have missed the 6 games in 3 years bit.
    he missed this in the same way Bellamy provided a plausible explanation.

if Bellers is here to develop the youth then this can only be a good thing. having a player of that calibre is going to go a long way in (i) attracting the best local talent and (ii) ensuring that talent listen and learn to someone who has been there and done it

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Just tried to check on Jarrad Welch's twitter after reading Gringo's post and mispelt his first name. Can't believe how many Jarad Welch's there are on twitter. There's even a dog with that name with a twitter account.

Great article in the OP. Bellemy has really won me over with his rhetoric. I love how self critical he is. People with that attitude tend to be the ones that elevate themselves. So glad CB is back with us.

Any word if he's brought Gabbs back to the club? I very much hope so.
    Gabbidon works for an agent and is in media, so I doubt he's juggling coaching too.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Gabbidon works for an agent and is in media, so I doubt he's juggling coaching too.
    Think there was a quote in WoL a few weeks ago that CB was looking to bring him back to the youth coaching staff and I hope it's true. He works for Radio Wales pretty much right? So no reason why he can't do both given that the academy isn't full time anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Think there was a quote in WoL a few weeks ago that CB was looking to bring him back to the youth coaching staff and I hope it's true. He works for Radio Wales pretty much right? So no reason why he can't do both given that the academy isn't full time anyway.
    He's doing lots of media not just radio Wales. He's on Talksport 2 or 3 days a week as well as the odd bit of work with other companies. Can't see him being interested in coaching at this stage and he lives near Marlborough way too so not exactly local. I suppose it wouldn't hurt one day a week before his Radio Wales stuff.