+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The French election is now Marine Le Pen vs a collapsing French establishment

Re: The French election is now Marine Le Pen vs a collapsing French establishment

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Racists beaten in Austria, beaten in Holland and now in France - mainland Europe refuses to go where Britain and the USA could be headed.

I share many of the misgivings about an "establishment" that are actually in charge and would say I'm exactly the sort of person who should be attracted to any movement that is set up to fight it, but my problem is the same as it's been for the past year and more - why does the alternative have to be odious men and women who look to make their impact by spouting intolerance and hate?
    Always amuses me to see the likes of trump and farage being spoken about as if they're anti-establishment in some way.

Re: The French election is now Marine Le Pen vs a collapsing French establishment

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Racists beaten in Austria, beaten in Holland and now in France - mainland Europe refuses to go where Britain and the USA could be headed.

I share many of the misgivings about an "establishment" that are actually in charge and would say I'm exactly the sort of person who should be attracted to any movement that is set up to fight it, but my problem is the same as it's been for the past year and more - why does the alternative have to be odious men and women who look to make their impact by spouting intolerance and hate?
    I agree, but until people realise they are in a rigged game and decide to do something about it, everything will remain the same. It seems like people spend their entire lives waiting for a candidate of hope to come along, but they never do, do they? They start off with nice words, but soon morph into the political stooges that they really are. It's all a trick, just invent some heart-warming stories and the suckers will swallow every word, there is no need to speak any truth or include elements of reality, illusions are the name of the game

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I agree, but until people realise they are in a rigged game and decide to do something about it, everything will remain the same. It seems like people spend their entire lives waiting for a candidate of hope to come along, but they never do, do they? They start off with nice words, but soon morph into the political stooges that they really are. It's all a trick, just invent some heart-warming stories and the suckers will swallow every word, there is no need to speak any truth or include elements of reality, illusions are the name of the game
    I think we are way past the point of being able to do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    I think we are way past the point of being able to do something about it.
    Why? What happened? Have new political movements been banned?

Blog Entries

Why? What happened? Have new political movements been banned?
    We talked about this before with Trump and my question is always the same, if the system is rigged how can anyone other than their puppets get elected?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Always amuses me to see the likes of trump and farage being spoken about as if they're anti-establishment in some way.
    Yes the Millionaire stock broker who keeps going on about the establishment yet is desperate for a knighthood and the billionaire businessman who's been in the news one way or another for 30 years.
    God bless those anti establishment Tyoes eh.

We talked about this before with Trump and my question is always the same, if the system is rigged how can anyone other than their puppets get elected?
    Start a new party that will appeal to the majority​ of voters? However the big hurdle would be overcoming peoples lifelong indoctrination, which begins at school.

Blog Entries

Start a new party that will appeal to the majority​ of voters? However the big hurdle would be overcoming peoples lifelong indoctrination, which begins at school.
    Same question, how will they get elected if it's all rigged? I would love to think it would be as easy as that but I don't think it would be.

Same question, how will they get elected if it's all rigged? I would love to think it would be as easy as that but I don't think it would be.
    What do you think is rigged?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    What do you think is rigged?
    WB said it's a rigged game, I'm assuming he meant the system, I'm not saying it is or it isn't, I'm just saying if you believe it is then you can't believe that a new party would change anything.

It's all about Europe and the EU.

The French have chosen a Goldman Sachs insider with no political experience to determine their future. A candidate who was backed by the establishment and it's establishment media. Now it is up to Macron to deliver the rebirth of Europe that he has promised the electorate, and it has to be in the interests of the people, not the establishment.

Good luck with that one, but let's wait and see.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...on-presidency/

https://www.ft.com/content/da3404fc-...4-9023f8c0fd2e
    He was Minister of Finance earlier in Hollande's government. So much for no experience.

WB said it's a rigged game, I'm assuming he meant the system, I'm not saying it is or it isn't, I'm just saying if you believe it is then you can't believe that a new party would change anything.
    I was talking about the choice of candidates, you would have to bypass the gatekeepers.

Blog Entries

I was talking about the choice of candidates, you would have to bypass the gatekeepers.
    I get what you mean.