Thread: FT: LEEDS UTD 0 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Matchday thread

Re: LEEDS UTD v CARDIFF CITY. Matchday thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Bridcutt sent off
    Shame

His look of "Who? Me?" was classic

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Hoillet and Lambert on for Noone an Zohore.

Noone has had a good game
    Bit harsh, I think quite a few of our lads have done well today.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Bridcutt sent off
    Magic!Shades of January 2002 once again!

Leeds are falling down the table, again

Into 4 added mins.

Lots of empty seats already

McG makes great save.

All over

FT: Leeds 0-2 Cardiff

Great win

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Great win
    Really good away performance.

Up to 14th.
    10pts above rel spots; 13 off 6th.

Great punditry from Eddie Gray today!

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2017/02/...idence/325936/

Leeds United legend Eddie Gray is of the opinion that the Whites can hand out a real thrashing to Cardiff City at Elland Road this afternoon.

Despite a 2-1 defeat at Huddersfield Town last weekend, Leeds remain on course to finish in the Championship’s playoff spots and are currently fifth in the league table.

Cardiff are the visitors at Elland Road today and Leeds have been in terrific form at home since their 2-0 defeat to Newcastle United in November; it was also the last time they conceded a goal in front of their fans in the Championship.

And with such a strong record at home behind them, Gray believes the Yorkshire giants could really put in a strong performance against Cardiff and hand out a pasting to the Welsh side at Elland Road.

He feels a big win could be important for the confidence of the Leeds side going forward and stressed the importance of the game against the Neil Warnock’s men.

The Leeds United legend told LUTV: “I don’t think we will have to be patient, I think we will be too good for them.

“I am going for a resounding victory; I am going for three or four.

“I think we will really turn them over and I think it will be good for the side to win a game comfortably so that they can look forward to the rest of the season.

“I think it’s a big game this and the players will realise that, Garry [Monk] realises that and get the three points to push on.”

Leeds have won their last three games against Cardiff and are favourites to bag the three points today.

Normal service resumed

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Leeds United legend Eddie Gray is of the opinion that the Whites can hand out a real thrashing to Cardiff City at Elland Road this afternoon.

Despite a 2-1 defeat at Huddersfield Town last weekend, Leeds remain on course to finish in the Championship’s playoff spots and are currently fifth in the league table.

Cardiff are the visitors at Elland Road today and Leeds have been in terrific form at home since their 2-0 defeat to Newcastle United in November; it was also the last time they conceded a goal in front of their fans in the Championship.

And with such a strong record at home behind them, Gray believes the Yorkshire giants could really put in a strong performance against Cardiff and hand out a pasting to the Welsh side at Elland Road.

He feels a big win could be important for the confidence of the Leeds side going forward and stressed the importance of the game against the Neil Warnock’s men.

The Leeds United legend told LUTV: “I don’t think we will have to be patient, I think we will be too good for them.

“I think we will really turn them over and I think it will be good for the side to win a game comfortably so that they can look forward to the rest of the season.

“I think it’s a big game this and the players will realise that, Garry [Monk] realises that and get the three points to push on.”

Leeds have won their last three games against Cardiff and are favourites to bag the three points today.

I wonder if Neil pinned that up in their dressing room?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

He must have read David O'Leary's script from 2002! Amazing how history repeats itself. So chuffed for City today!

GET IN THERE!!!!

Ohhhhhhhhhh Kenneth Zohore....

pmsl

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    I wonder if Neil pinned that up in their dressing room?
    Eddie who? - great forecasting indeed

Think he was reading Tandys prediction. what was that Tandy 4-0 did you say.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    3-0 City
    In the end I wasn't far off with my prediction.

Amazingly, that was the first time in our history where we've beaten Leeds 2-0, the regular 2-1 win seems to have faded out

In the end I wasn't far off with my prediction.
    u were way of m8

I thought Halford had a very good game today. Calm on the ball and defended well

Great win & made all the sweeter as Leeds are up there with the clubs I dislike the most

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    u were way of m8
    no

no
    wot