+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wales v England in the EGG

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Wales v England in the EGG

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It shows how much I've fallen out of love with rugby that I've only watched about twenty minutes of our two games so far. As it turned out, I saw the last ten minutes of the first half of yesterday's game and, despite us scoring a well worked try, I couldn't help thinking that I'd watched the "guts" of the match - the time when it probably got away from us.
    We scored one try, but blew two or three other very promising positions because of the usual failure to deliver in really important attacking scrums and line outs. Also, despite all of the talk about playing a more enterprising game, all of the evidence that, even in the man's absence, "Warrenball" is still alive and well was there in abundance when we tried to spread the ball - what has happened to the flair and creativity which sustained Welsh International rugby through the first one hundred and twenty odd years of it's existence?
    I think the reality is that teams were a pile of shite defensively back then and now almost every team is well drilled from that perspective.

As for Warrenball - Exactly, as far as I could see that try was the one piece of ingenuity from a team perspective (and that needed to be from a set piece - i feel we aren't well drilled enough to start moves from open play) - I think the massive hole was there because England were shocked we actually tried something, a few jinking solo runs aside we have no attacking ambition. The strange thing is that England have looked flat in these two games too, nothing like the team who have won all these games in a row.
    Last edited by Eric Cartman; 12-02-17 at 10:46.