+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wales v England in the EGG

Re: Wales v England in the EGG

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Absolutely gutting result. The difference in the end was that England didn't seem to make a single error while attacking so while we gave away good positions they seemed to score every time they came into our 22. This not strictly true due to some absolutely incredibly brave and skillful turnovers.

Sam, Moriarty, Biggar all had heroic games. Gutted for Cuthbert who made just two errors in such a big game when so many were worried about him being in the 6 nations squad. It's always uphill when they bring on 3-4 genuine try scorers and in return we bring on a number 8 who isn't up to full speed and a scrum-half.

Going into the game I think many were concerned that this would be revenge for 30-3 but it feels a little more like revenge for the World Cup game. There was a brief single moment where I felt like the cards were in our favour and 40 seconds later an incorrect decision made and the game is lost.
    zzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzz

Absolutely gutting result. The difference in the end was that England didn't seem to make a single error while attacking so while we gave away good positions they seemed to score every time they came into our 22. This not strictly true due to some absolutely incredibly brave and skillful turnovers.

Sam, Moriarty, Biggar all had heroic games. Gutted for Cuthbert who made just two errors in such a big game when so many were worried about him being in the 6 nations squad. It's always uphill when they bring on 3-4 genuine try scorers and in return we bring on a number 8 who isn't up to full speed and a scrum-half.

Going into the game I think many were concerned that this would be revenge for 30-3 but it feels a little more like revenge for the World Cup game. There was a brief single moment where I felt like the cards were in our favour and 40 seconds later an incorrect decision made and the game is lost.
    Good post.

Unfortunately North's unjury cost us dear. He would have knocked Daly into touch.Cuthbert isn't good enough.It was an awful kick from JD too.We were under huge pressure and he needed to kick to touch.
    There were some iutstanding performances in that side with young Moriarty playing a blinder.

Quote Originally Posted by PerryJason View Post
    zzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzz
    You're the tiring one

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Unfortunately North's unjury cost us dear. He would have knocked Daly into touch.Cuthbert isn't good enough.It was an awful kick from JD too.We were under huge pressure and he needed to kick to touch.
    There were some iutstanding performances in that side with young Moriarty playing a blinder.
    If the ref sees May is in touch, Wales win.

As I said in the pub,"City won 2-0 away to Leeds, Bluebirds bluebirds"
    At least one bloke joined in.

England were immense, Wales were fantastic, one feck up at the end was the difference.

I would need to see that again re May's foot in touch. Can't recall it at all

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Imagine how nervous all the Dai's, Dewi's and Dilwyn's in Merthyr, Rhondda, Aberdare and Tongwynlais are right now fearing the return of their wives and girlfriends who have been throwing strong ale down their necks since midday. They must be itching to get home to partake in some domestic violence as their disappointment will be heightened after Wales led England for most of the game.

It must be humiliating to get duffed-up by a female, but doubly so when they're wearing a daffodil headdress.
    Why Tongwynlais? They're probably too busy all making scones for some shit bake sale to worry about a thuggery of a sport?

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    As I said in the pub,"City won 2-0 away to Leeds, Bluebirds bluebirds"
    At least one bloke joined in.

England were immense, Wales were fantastic, one feck up at the end was the difference.
    Sounds familiar...

Based on this, England will endure a humiliating defeat to a team beginning with "I"

Hmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I would need to see that again re May's foot in touch. Can't recall it at all
    It looked it in real time, can't believe they never called it back for the TMO

Actually, knowing rugby, there's probably some stupid rule saying they aren't allowed to call it back

First Team

Great game and right result.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    At lot of English dick-sucking going on after the game there

Unsurprisingly nobody admitted they were lucky that Davies didn't kick for touch
    Out of interest were Wales lucky that England went for the try in the final minutes in the last World Cup rather than take the kick for the draw?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    Out of interest were Wales lucky that England went for the try in the final minutes in the last World Cup rather than take the kick for the draw?
    Could say that, we were lucky they were arrogant enough to not accept the draw
    Last edited by City123; 11-02-17 at 20:34.

Thing is people like you will always look for a scapegoat, ie in this case Cuthbert, it happens in football where one player always seems to be at fault. We lacked today a footballing 12, where England didn't, the ball went to Jonathon Davies and he put a woeful kick in, if it had gone to touch we would have been organised, but lets blame Cuthbert?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Good post.
    Ruthless and good sides punish mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by old blue View Post
    Thing is people like you will always look for a scapegoat, ie in this case Cuthbert, it happens in football where one player always seems to be at fault. We lacked today a footballing 12, where England didn't, the ball went to Jonathon Davies and he put a woeful kick in, if it had gone to touch we would have been organised, but lets blame Cuthbert?
    I read surge's post as anything but scapegoating Cuthbert. Just the opposite.

Banned

The line-outs have always been our achilles heel. Bigar made that amazing break and won a line out. It went tits up after we lost that throw in.

Quote Originally Posted by PerryJason View Post
    Who is trying?
    For someone who posts regularly on a sports message board you don't seem to know much about sport.

Why did Howley take Moriarty off? who was one of our best players. I know Faletau is a brillint player but it must be demoralising to be taken off,when playing so well. Also,we should have taken the 6 points when we could have.

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    Why did Howley take Moriarty off? who was one of our best players. I know Faletau is a brillint player but it must be demoralising to be taken off,when playing so well. Also,we should have taken the 6 points when we could have.
    I agree. Wales ultimate loss can be tracked back to that decision plus the shambolic, line out following Biggar's interception break, the subsequent penalty, the poor infield kick by Williams and Cuthbert's poor covering - he gave Daly much too much room. He could have got across quicker.

In summary: Wales were brilliant today and then threw it away with some braindead decisions in the dying minutes of the game. Fantastic game though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    The line-outs have always been our achilles heel. Bigar made that amazing break and won a line out. It went tits up after we lost that throw in.
    That's where the game turned imo. I can't imagine how angry Biggar must have been, to put in all that hard work only for it all go to pot seconds later with a shambolic line out

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    England could have had 5 more points in kicks from first half too.

I don't watch enough rugby to tell you whether Moriarty could have stayed on or not (some forwards always get subbed but 8 is a different position, maybe Moriarty doesn't have gas for 80 minutes) but Faletau didn't match the effort of the player he replaced on this occasion. Our starting pack generally did well but England's replacements here too were a better quality.

North missing for Cuthbert does bring less quality but I was happy enough with Cuthbert today and was not blaming him. In the world cup I felt we tried to highlight his weaknesses and hide his strengths (the reverse of what we did when he was at his peak back in 2013'ish) but today we worked with him much better.

This team always stands up in terms of bravery. We seem to be trying to create a little more too and didn't win that battle today but it was still our best for some time. If we play like that for the remainder then we will finish 2nd or 3rd which will be a decent return for a side in transition.

That just about sums it up well.
    Over the 80 minutes I thought Wales were the better side but every time we got into their 22, silly penalties gifted them relief.
    Kicking out of hand was atrocious and this tactic of keeping the ball in play is ridiculous.
    Finally cost us in the last 3 minutes.