+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Are those "in the know" really being taken in?

Are those "in the know" really being taken in?

Some like to appear to be ahead of the game, by reading some websites, but is their insider news really just speculation created by someone else to play games.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-38936812

Would explain some crazy theories on here.

Re: Are those "in the know" really being taken in?

Just stick to the facts, that would be my advice
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 11-02-17 at 22:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Just stick to the facts, that would be my advice
    But what are facts? FACTS seem to be opinions these days.

We are all taken in. It's just a matter of how much. And how much is difficult to know. Even moreso when one tries not to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post
    But what are facts? FACTS seem to be opinions these days.
    The facts are things like senior democrat figures warning us about fake news, Russian hacks, and impending whoppers from Wikileaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The facts are things like senior democrat figures warning us about fake news, Russian hacks, and impending whoppers from Wikileaks.
    But that is an opinion.

And I like how you are using similar tactics by trying to group similarish but different things together to discredit them.

Atleast you have learnt how to twist the truth to suit an agenda from these sites.

Its a propaganda war again. Ruskies been at it for years, taken an awful lot of people in. now the Americans are trying it too.

The truth is neither of them. Not somewhere in the middle, just neither.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post
    But that is an opinion.

And I like how you are using similar tactics by trying to group similarish but different things together to discredit them.

Atleast you have learnt how to twist the truth to suit an agenda from these sites.
    It is a fact that leading democrats said all of these things.

Absolutely yes, you can see it happening.

I doubt the majority of stuff on those sites is planted but some of it definitely is. Most is probably just theories from people on their computers who like to feel as though they are saving the earth, and like to kid themselves that they are cleverer than everyone else because they know the "truth".

As mentioned earlier in the thread this kind of thing is very much the modus operandi of the Russians. They release an alternative version of events which casts doubt amongst people, exhausts people's capacity for critical thinking, and make People not sure what to believe.
    A famous example from years ago was the rumour that aids had been invented by the CIA to wipe out homosexuals. That was a mainstay of this kind of site in years gone by and was traced back to Russia.
    Of course im not so naive as to think that other countries aren't at this game too.

This particular "scene" just seems like abit of a soft underbelly where you can pass off your misinformation without much challenge and it is lapped up. The kind of people who gather in these places are usually looking for eevidence of conspiracy for who has been holding them back, if someone gives them it then confirmation bias takes over and they are bkind to the flaws and swallow it whole.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Roswell was 'invented' in order to make the Russians believe the US had acquired 'Alien' technology - or at least that's what I read from a fake new US site.
    That's actually pretty believable