+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Tan back Warnock in the summer transfer window?

Will Tan back Warnock in the summer transfer window?

And if so which positions need strengthening.

Re: Will Tan back Warnock in the summer transfer window?

If FFP allows, we can't escape it and unless we get more revenues in , we are where we are.

He would be mad not to back him, however I do think a few big earners will have to leave first.

I think he will have some money to spend, but I'm sure we won't spend a fortune and I don't think we need to. We just need a solid spine, and a tight group that want to win for each other and their manager. It feels like, in a very short time, we've already gone some way towards achieving that. Three or four new signings will do. A solid keeper, a bit of quality in midfield and up front. Quality over quantity.
    A few lads coming through from the development squad would be a huge bonus too.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I think he will have some money to spend, but I'm sure we won't spend a facquiree and I don't think we need to. We just need a solid spine, and a tight group that want to win for each other and their manager. It feels like, in a very short time, we've already gone some way towards
    achieving that. Three or four new signings will do. A solid keeper, a bit of quality in midfield and up front. Quality over quantity.
    A few lads coming through from the development squad would be a huge bonus too.
    I agree he has transformed the team since the Trollope disaster and has been very astute with his acquisitions along with inspiring the likes of Zohore, Harris and Gunner.

We may loose Manga, Whitts and Hoilett when their contracts end but it will allow Warnock the room to acquire his targets.

Hopefully the millstone of paying up player contracts or paying players to pay for other clubs (Le Fondre) will end and a portion of that money can be used to enhance Warnock's transfer budget or reduce the amount Tan has to pay to ensure Warnock's transfer budget is met making it easier for Tan to approve it.

Neil Warnock has done a fantastic job here and Vincent Tann would be mad not to back him for the 2017-18 season. The amount of money required could be a stumbling block if we are to stay within FFP rules though. And i agree with Barry Shitpeas comment that we won't need to spend a fortune to have a crack at promotion either.

I don't know, he seems to have got a bit bored with us since the red days. Maybe he'd be tempted to have another crack, maybe he's positioning us to sell and let someone else have a go?
    If he does spend money then first up has to be a decent keeper, a striker and a midfield general.
    That said, and I can hardly believe I'm saying this, but I'm not sure I want us in the prem any more.
    Been there, done that, it was shit.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I don't know, he seems to have got a bit bored with us since the red days. Maybe he'd be tempted to have another crack, maybe he's positioning us to sell and let someone else have a go?
    If he does spend money then first up has to be a decent keeper, a striker and a midfield general.
    That said, and I can hardly believe I'm saying this, but I'm not sure I want us in the prem any more.
    Been there, done that, it was shit.
    It was shit because we were shit

Predominantly because a certain individual poisoned the atmosphere at the club by trying to make us lucky and then choosing to sack (mid season!!) the best manager we'd had for a long long time because he was more popular than himself, and oh yeah he had the audacity to be the first manager in history to buy a dud (who's now banging them in in the Champions League)

That said I'm with you in not wanting to go back but for me it's until he's gone. Can't be bothered for any more of the national humiliation he brought on the club.

Has any promoted club ever got it sooo wrong!

We would all hope so or Warnock will be off to his 14th club

Quote Originally Posted by bluken View Post
    Neil Warnock has done a fantastic job here and Vincent Tann would be mad not to back him for the 2017-18 season. The amount of money required could be a stumbling block if we are to stay within FFP rules though. And i agree with Barry Shitpeas comment that we won't need to spend a fortune to have a crack at promotion either.
    Why should we worry about staying within FFP rules Forest,Derby and others don't seem to bother

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post

Predominantly because a certain individual poisoned the atmosphere at the club by trying to make us lucky and then choosing to sack (mid season!!) the best manager we'd had for a long long time because he was more popular than himself, and oh yeah he had the audacity to be the first manager in history to buy a dud (who's now banging them in in the Champions League)

That said I'm with you in not wanting to go back but for me it's until he's gone. Can't be bothered for any more of the national humiliation he brought on the club.

But it wasn't just because we were shit, all of a sudden we had a load of new fans, most of them to watch their heroes from Manchester and Merseyside.
    I even noticed a few "celeb" fans (who haven't been seen since).
    It's hard to put into words, I guess I just didn't feel connected with it.

The club bashing will gather serious momentum if Warnock walks.

Tan has already backed Warnock. Hoillet , Bamba , Richardson , Chamack , McGregor plus his own backroon staff.

Im sure he will be given a budget that will be within FFP. Whether that will be enough for Warnock we will have to wait and see. Personally I think he will stay.

Quote Originally Posted by JKB View Post
    And if so which positions need strengthening.
    No, why do people think that Tan is suddenly going to start spending money on a football team that hangs around his neck like a millstone? He has seen 0 games this season, and has been to 1 home game in 2 seasons. Maybe 2 in 3 seasons.

Clue, how much did Warnock spend in this transfer window?

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    No, why do people think that Tan is suddenly going to start spending money on a football team that hangs around his neck like a millstone? He has seen 0 games this season, and has been to 1 home game in 2 seasons. Maybe 2 in 3 seasons.

Hes asked for a goalkeeper and got one. Despite us already shelling out on an expensive flop.

Tan is clearly not going to throw money at us. We will work to a budget we can afford. If we are up the top next January he may gamble as it would be in his interest to get to the PL.

If the budget isnt enough for Warnock I just hope they dont fk up the next appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Hes asked for a goalkeeper and got one. Despite us already shelling out on an expensive flop.

Tan is clearly not going to throw money at us. We will work to a budget we can afford. If we are up the top next January he may gamble as it would be in his interest to get to the PL.

If the budget isnt enough for Warnock I just hope they dont fk up the next appointment.
    Exactly. I'm trying to save the OP yet another transfer window of disappointment, expect nothing and be grateful for anything more we get.

Derby County, didn't they end their last season in the PL with around 12 points?

As for the best manager for a long time, his football was s**t in the poorest championship for many a year, he spent over £15 million to get promotion and the f**ked it all up when the Club got there. Now that is s**t.

[QUOTE=Kris;4718284]No, why do people think that Tan is suddenly going to start spending money on a football team that hangs around his neck like a millstone? He has seen 0 games this season, and has been to 1 home game in 2 seasons. Maybe 2 in 3 seasons.

Tan has given a commitment to write the debt off, all be it over a number of years. In Warnock we have a proven manager who if backed is his best option of returning to the premiership without loosing another fortune. If Tan wants rid, the premiership is his best option.

[QUOTE=JKB;4718296]

Tan has given a commitment to write the debt off, all be it over a number of years. In Warnock we have a proven manager who if backed is his best option of returning to the premiership without loosing another fortune. If Tan wants rid, the premiership is his best option.
    How's he gonna do that then? How much do you think he should spend?

[QUOTE=Kris;4718298]
    Quote Originally Posted by JKB View Post

How's he gonna do that then? How much do you think he should spend?
    I would suggest a fraction of what Ole wasted during his tenure. I appreciate money doesn't guarantee success and the likes of Villa and Derby have spent fortunes. However Warnock is very astute and with a modest budget could get us to the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Derby County, didn't they end their last season in the PL with around 12 points?

As for the best manager for a long time, his football was s**t in the poorest championship for many a year, he spent over £15 million to get promotion and the f**ked it all up when the Club got there. Now that is s**t.
    Derby finished in the same position as we did but at least they pocketed the cash.
    We imploded as a club whilst we had our highest profile. Our owner was portrayed (rightly imo) as a clueless clown all season and made what was always going to be a difficult first season an impossible one by not only sacking the manager but bringing in an inexperienced replacement, who played a different style and all this mid season. Since then he's employed 2 more managers totally out of their depth and asset stripped any of the players he could recoup cash on.

If by some miracle he got promotion, because he won't be spending anymore than he has too, then he'd just repeat his mistakes and probably find some more too. He has not got a clue what running a football club entails. He's a well connected man who was gifted his fortune.

As for Malky, it was £11m, £2.5m of which was on Maynard who never played so peanuts really. The football was not expansive but not shit either???? Certainly better than Warnocks side don't you think?

Warnock himself has said that he advised not spending in January saying he could work with what he had (Channel 5 footy programme last night), but he does expect to be able to spend during the summer.

Derby finished in the same position as we did but at least they pocketed the cash.
    We imploded as a club whilst we had our highest profile. Our owner was portrayed (rightly imo) as a clueless clown all season and made what was always going to be a difficult first season an impossible one by not only sacking the manager but bringing in an inexperienced replacement, who played a different style and all this mid season. Since then he's employed 2 more managers totally out of their depth and asset stripped any of the players he could recoup cash on.

If by some miracle he got promotion, because he won't be spending anymore than he has too, then he'd just repeat his mistakes and probably find some more too. He has not got a clue what running a football club entails. He's a well connected man who was gifted his fortune.

As for Malky, it was £11m, £2.5m of which was on Maynard who never played so peanuts really. The football was not expansive but not shit either???? Certainly better than Warnocks side don't you think?
    I agree with some of what you say. But to say he asset stripped any of the players he could have recouped cash on is simply not true.

David Marshall
    Fabio
    Joe Mason
    Steven Caulker
    Gary Medel
    Frazier Campbell
    John Brayford
    Jordon Mutch
    Matts Daehli
    KTC

Off the top of my head I'm sure there's more.
    That's pulling out as much of his
    money as he can imo. Manga would have joined the list too if a buyer could have been found. At the same time he's replaced quality with inferior cheap options (Marshall / Amos, Fabio / Richards) and dressed it up as complying with FFP rules. Look around the Championship, it doesn't seem to be an issue for at least half the teams

Considering Warnock's age, next season could be his last. With modest financial support it might be Tan's best option of recouping some of his losses. We already have a reasonable spine, McGregor, Bamba, Gunner and an improving Zohore. Find a good successor for Whitts and were not far off.

I'll put Taarabt's name in the mix as a possible successor to Whitts, still only 27, currently on loan playing in Italy. Give him a full pre season with Warnock's motivational skills and it might work.

Put yourself in tans position. You've got a proven Championship manager who has turned around a team that looked nailed on for relegation into a team that could potentially finish within a few places of the play offs. He's achieved this by spending the sum total of sod all when you take into account the players we've put out on loan and let go.
    It sounds as though NW is asking for a modest budget in the summer, tan would have to be nuts (I know, I know) not to give a a few quid.