+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will Tan back Warnock in the summer transfer window?

Re: Will Tan back Warnock in the summer transfer window?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    David Marshall
    Fabio
    Joe Mason
    Steven Caulker
    Gary Medel
    Frazier Campbell
    John Brayford
    Jordon Mutch
    Matts Daehli

KTC

Off the top of my head I'm sure there's more.
    That's pulling out as much of his
    money as he can imo. Manga would have joined the list too if a buyer could have been found. At the same time he's replaced quality with inferior cheap options (Marshall / Amos, Fabio / Richards) and dressed it up as complying with FFP rules. Look around the Championship, it doesn't seem to be an issue for at least half the teams
    All on premiership wages which we could no longer afford and most of them wanted to leave to maintain or improve their careers.

David Marshall
    Fabio
    Joe Mason
    Steven Caulker
    Gary Medel
    Frazier Campbell
    John Brayford
    Jordon Mutch
    Matts Daehli
    KTC

money as he can imo. Manga would have joined the list too if a buyer could have been found. At the same time he's replaced quality with inferior cheap options (Marshall / Amos, Fabio / Richards) and dressed it up as complying with FFP rules. Look around the Championship, it doesn't seem to be an issue for at least half the teams
    I think you will find that most of those you named wanted to leave.As with most players these days they follow the money and i suppose they cannot be blamed as its a short career.Tan needed to get the club back on an even keel too much money was spent on average players by managers he put his trust in.You can bury your head in the sand re FFP but we can only spend what we are allowed.Our support has not been too loyal gates are down. The clubs who are spending big are far better supported than ours and most have had trouble times on and off the pitchas well.Its silly for supporters having a pop at Tan about everything they can lay at his door and then complain when he stops spending more money top of the millions he has already spent.Where are all the supporters who said they would be there no matter what as long as we were in blue.Some and I mean only some of our supporters are overrated.The positive side is that we now seem to be sorting it out under NW and have learnt from our mistakes.Give the club a chance and stop dwelling in the past.

David Marshall
    Fabio
    Joe Mason
    Steven Caulker
    Gary Medel
    Frazier Campbell
    John Brayford
    Jordon Mutch
    Matts Daehli
    KTC

Dressing it up?

We had a transfer embargo last season.

Also thats just a list of players sold.

He simply hasnt sold off every saleable asset. I thought he may have done. That hasnt happened.

If it was my money I wouldn't be pushing the boat out too far. We could spend 20 million on new players and still only have a reasonable chance of going up. Unless the signings can pay for themselves with bigger attendances it doesn't make any sense as a business decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Dressing it up?

We had a transfer embargo last season.

Also thats just a list of players sold.

He simply hasnt sold off every saleable asset. I thought he may have done. That hasnt happened.
    This is right. We could have sold Marshall as soon as we went down.

It's not down to Tan :
    FFP is a factor .
    Our over inflated wages/contracts from previously poor management decesions.
    Increasing incomming revenues .

There's also another angle. Warnock wants to get rid of the transfer committee and wants Tan to trust him....

SuperBluebirds91

If finances allow....then I think Tan would miss a trick if he doesn't invest. Again, I'm not saying spend stupid money but some money is needed to bring quality in to get us up the table. Warnock has so far proved that he has it in him to really have a go at promotion! It's really upto Tan now. Tan could become a hero if we got promoted in BLUE!

The focus is all on who the club might sign in the summer - and whether Tan will (within FFP limits) give Warnock the resources to add real quality. Fair enough, but I am just as interested in how hard the club will work to keep good players whose contracts are ending (Whitts, Manga, Hoilett.... who else?) and how many Academy/Development players will be brought through.

I don't think we'll need huge investment to see us mount a play off challenge next season. I honestly believe if we can spend about 6-8 million it will be enough for play offs and maybe even more.

We are becoming a solid unit under Warnock but we still lack the creativity to push us on to the next level.

I'm not sure of the exact figures but you'd think the loan fees for players like Kasey Palmer and Moy at Huddersfield would be no more than 1 - 1-5 million so if we had a couple of similar loans and brought in two or three on permanent deals we would definitely become a force in this division.

David Marshall
    Fabio
    Joe Mason
    Steven Caulker
    Gary Medel
    Frazier Campbell
    John Brayford
    Jordon Mutch
    Matts Daehli
    KTC

None of what you refer to is an example of Vincent Tan pulling money out of the club is it though? The above cash generation just reduced the amount of extra money he had to put in.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I don't think we'll need huge investment to see us mount a play off challenge next season. I honestly believe if we can spend about 6-8 million it will be enough for play offs and maybe even more.

We are becoming a solid unit under Warnock but we still lack the creativity to push us on to the next level.

I'm not sure of the exact figures but you'd think the loan fees for players like Kasey Palmer and Moy at Huddersfield would be no more than 1 - 1-5 million so if we had a couple of similar loans and brought in two or three on permanent deals we would definitely become a force in this division.
    For example, and I'm not saying we should or shouldn't sign them but Hennessey, Ledley and Campbell are all free agents in the summer. They won't be the only free agents of that quality either, so if we're proactive and smart I don't see why we can't recruit fairly cheaply. We'll need a bit of luck, Warnock to sell them the dream and wages might be an issue; but you've got to take a hit somewhere.

Feedback

It was shit because we were shit

Predominantly because a certain individual poisoned the atmosphere at the club by trying to make us lucky and then choosing to sack (mid season!!) the best manager we'd had for a long long time because he was more popular than himself, and oh yeah he had the audacity to be the first manager in history to buy a dud (who's now banging them in in the Champions League)

That said I'm with you in not wanting to go back but for me it's until he's gone. Can't be bothered for any more of the national humiliation he brought on the club.

Has any promoted club ever got it sooo wrong!
    interesting you say city sack the best manager the club has had in a long time....yet today a poll has shown that Dave Jones, his immediate predecessor, is ahead of Malky as the fans (on here at least) choice apropos of the best manager accolade

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by JKB View Post
    Considering Warnock's age, next season could be his last. With modest financial support it might be Tan's best option of recouping some of his losses. We already have a reasonable spine, McGregor, Bamba, Gunner and an improving Zohore. Find a good successor for Whitts and were not far off.

I'll put Taarabt's name in the mix as a possible successor to Whitts, still only 27, currently on loan playing in Italy. Give him a full pre season with Warnock's motivational skills and it might work.
    I'd bite your arm off to have Taarabt here. He ran the show for QPR the year they went up and is a quality footballer

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    I'd bite your arm off to have Taarabt here. He ran the show for QPR the year they went up and is a quality footballer
    He is on loan at Genoa from Benfica, obviously a risk because of his attitude, but as you say quality, the stand out player in Warnock's promotion winning QPR team.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    For example, and I'm not saying we should or shouldn't sign them but Hennessey, Ledley and Campbell are all free agents in the summer. They won't be the only free agents of that quality either, so if we're proactive and smart I don't see why we can't recruit fairly cheaply. We'll need a bit of luck, Warnock to sell them the dream and wages might be an issue; but you've got to take a hit somewhere.
    id be more than happy to see Hennessy, Ledley, and Campbell arrive in the summer. definitely improves our team in every position.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Derby County, didn't they end their last season in the PL with around 12 points?

As for the best manager for a long time, his football was s**t in the poorest championship for many a year, he spent over £15 million to get promotion and the f**ked it all up when the Club got there. Now that is s**t.
    This....

Sorted, the Palarce 3 and Taarabt all on frees, top 6 finish guaranteed. Warnock to have freedom of the city and knighthood then retire.

End of thread.

Derby finished in the same position as we did but at least they pocketed the cash.
    We imploded as a club whilst we had our highest profile. Our owner was portrayed (rightly imo) as a clueless clown all season and made what was always going to be a difficult first season an impossible one by not only sacking the manager but bringing in an inexperienced replacement, who played a different style and all this mid season. Since then he's employed 2 more managers totally out of their depth and asset stripped any of the players he could recoup cash on.

If by some miracle he got promotion, because he won't be spending anymore than he has too, then he'd just repeat his mistakes and probably find some more too. He has not got a clue what running a football club entails. He's a well connected man who was gifted his fortune.

As for Malky, it was £11m, £2.5m of which was on Maynard who never played so peanuts really. The football was not expansive but not shit either???? Certainly better than Warnocks side don't you think?
    The football under Malky was up there with the shittest i have witnessed in 40 years of going down the city when you take into account the money he spent.. Utter dross

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    The football under Malky was up there with the shittest i have witnessed in 40 years of going down the city when you take into account the money he spent.. Utter dross
    Nothing can be as bad as watching a Rus Slade team for a whole season. I binned my season ticket after that. Still have Revell flahbacks in my sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Really..... You really think the team that went to the prem under MM played the shittiest football youve witnessed in 40 years?
    You need help seriously you do....... Ffs!!

rumour in scotland is that the rangers board have made enquirys about warnock.

Absolute no brainer, he has to support Neil after our recent results and performances.

Just don't know where Pilks, Lambert and Whitts are going to fit in.

Good to see the youngsters having game time its paying dividends.