+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Last week it was their limitations, this week Warnock’s Cardiff show their strengths.

Last week it was their limitations, this week Warnock’s Cardiff show their strengths.

Re: Last week it was their limitations, this week Warnock’s Cardiff show their strengths.

Thanks Bob. I must admit how pleasantly surprised i was with yesterdays result and performance.
    Warnock has earned the trust of both owner and fans for the remarkable way he's turned not only the team but the club around this season.

One thing in response to your ending summary, there is no way players like Zohore or Kadeem Harris would be leaving by "mutual consent" if we werr to see the last of them this summer.

That is solely down to Warnock and the faith he has been willing to show in them that the other two managers sadly weren't willing to do.

Re: Last week it was their limitations, this week Warnock’s Cardiff show their strengths.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Thanks Bob. I must admit how pleasantly surprised i was with yesterdays result and performance.
    Warnock has earned the trust of both owner and fans for the remarkable way he's turned not only the team but the club around this season.

One thing in response to your ending summary, there is no way players like Zohore or Kadeem Harris would be leaving by "mutual consent" if we werr to see the last of them this summer.

That is solely down to Warnock and the faith he has been willing to show in them that the other two managers sadly weren't willing to do.
    We haven't really got many players we'd want to get rid of now and let's face it, the ones we shipped out weren't going to get us fees either.

Time to look forward now.

Warnock's mouse in loaning out fringe players could well lead to 2-3 of them coming back like new signings full of confidence.
    Huw's backed up an MOM performance last week with a goal v Villa yesterday and Kennedy followed an excellent debut for Plymouth with a goal yesterday.
    IMHO both will have a part to play next year provided their attitudes are right.

The emergence of Zohore is a massive bonus and perhaps Harris too.

We mustn't forget though that both Hoilett and McGregor will be gone in May as things stand and getting them to stay or replacing them must be priority, as will getting in another striker. We'll also need to cover centre back if Manga goes, but perhaps with an up and coming player rather than another expensive one.

Richards is now showing a bit more of his Wales form, so perhaps we are now OK for competition at left back with Bennett fit again.

Next 3 months should give us a clearer indication of what is needed with more games for the likes of Harris, Zohore and hopefully Mark Harris, Healey, And perhaps Coxe and Waite too.

Almost certainly priority and most of any fee will go on a striker option.

Pace please. We've got power in Zohore and Lambert it would be nice to back it up with someone like Winnall. £500k what a bargain that would have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    We haven't really got many players we'd want to get rid of now and let's face it, the ones we shipped out weren't going to get us fees either.

Warnock's mouse
    in loaning out fringe players could well lead to 2-3 of them coming back like new signings full of confidence.
    Huw's backed up an MOM performance last week with a goal v Villa yesterday and Kennedy followed an excellent debut for Plymouth with a goal yesterday.
    IMHO both will have a part to play next year provided their attitudes are right.

We mustn't forget though that both Hoilett and McGregor will be gone in May as things stand and getting them to stay or replacing them must be priority, as will getting in another striker. We'll also need to cover centre back if Manga goes, but perhaps with an up and coming player rather than another expensive one.

Richards is now showing a bit more of his Wales form, so perhaps we are now OK for competition at left back with Bennett fit again.

Next 3 months should give us a clearer indication of what is needed with more games for the likes of Harris, Zohore and hopefully Mark Harris, Healey, And perhaps Coxe and Waite too.

Pace please. We've got power in Zohore and Lambert it would be nice to back it up with someone like Winnall. £500k what a bargain that would have been.
    Warnock's WHAT??

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Warnock's WHAT??
    Nouse. 😂👍

Thanks Bob I always look forward to your post match reviews.
    We now have a steel to our play and I am confident that defensively we can contain most championship teams. Yes we lack goals but fancy us to be on the positive end of 1-0 2-1 etc...
    Didn't expect yesterday's result or performance and as mentioned in another post I believe we will be safe by the end of March. Renewed optimism and positivity reign within the fans and team alike a pleasant environment than that of August and September eh.
    Happy days

Nouse. ����
    What's he doing writing for a student newsletter/paper. ?

Warnock's mouse in loaning out fringe players could well lead to 2-3 of them coming back like new signings full of confidence.

I agree with you mate that we must look forward but i do believe we may got some fees if we had been willing to gamble on a few players in dead rubber games in the past.

The club has been a car crash since we got promoted but thankfully Warnock has come in and in a very short time has worked wonders on and off the pitch to convince the board to let him get on with it.

Bryson and Blackwell have been great additions too and this coupled with the article with Bellamy the other day leaves me very optimistic about our future. (I haven't been able to say that for a long time)

Though he divides opinion on here i really hope we can keep hold of Hoilett (though i doubt we'll be able to) as i think he has potential to be an excellent player if he has better players playing with him.

Mcgregor would be good too but i think there is a big chance we could see the return of Marshall.

Not only pace but guile are needed if we are going to become contenders next season. I'd love to see us add a couple of players in the Johnny Williams mould who can potentially unlock defences and beat a man for next season.

Im looking forward to it already

Great to see Kennedy performing so well yesterday too. He could save us a lot of money too in my opinion.

Great to see Kennedy performing so well yesterday too. He could save us a lot of money too in my opinion.
    Good finish on the highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Good finish on the highlights.
    And also an assist with the second goal. Great to see our loanees not only getting game time but also making significant contributions

If Manga goes then maybe Ajayi could be the man to take his place. What I have seen of Ajayi I have liked & he now has a real opportunity to show what he is capable of by playing regularly in the Championship.

Also I am expecting to see Hoilett here next season noting that he seems to like playing for Warnock & in my view it is unlikely that he will secure a club above Championship level.

Nouse. ����
    It's "Nous" by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    If Manga goes then maybe Ajayi could be the man to take his place. What I have seen of Ajayi I have liked & he now has a real opportunity to show what he is capable of by playing regularly in the Championship.

Also I am expecting to see Hoilett here next season noting that he seems to like playing for Warnock & in my view it is unlikely that he will secure a club above Championship level.
    Agreed Rob.
    Of course Ajeyi is getting games now at this level for Rotherham so yes, he's another one who could and should benefit from Warnock's policy.

I'd also forgotten that Saadi may well come back too, having scored a fair few in Belgium although according to their fans he doesn't want to come back and who knows what will happen with Fred. He may be one we need to loan or ship out to get games

It's "Nous" by the way.
    Cheers.

It's "Nous" by the way.
    I thought this as well, BUT we're wrong !

https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=nouse+meaning

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I thought this as well, BUT we're wrong !

https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=nouse+meaning
    Nous is more usual.

But your link also further links to
    https://www.collinsdictionary.com/di.../english/nouse

I agree with you mate that we must look forward but i do believe we may got some fees if we had been willing to gamble on a few players in dead rubber games in the past.

The club has been a car crash since we got promoted but thankfully Warnock has come in and in a very short time has worked wonders on and off the pitch to convince the board to let him get on with it.

Bryson and Blackwell have been great additions too and this coupled with the article with Bellamy the other day leaves me very optimistic about our future. (I haven't been able to say that for a long time)

Though he divides opinion on here i really hope we can keep hold of Hoilett (though i doubt we'll be able to) as i think he has potential to be an excellent player if he has better players playing with him.

Mcgregor would be good too but i think there is a big chance we could see the return of Marshall.

Not only pace but guile are needed if we are going to become contenders next season. I'd love to see us add a couple of players in the Johnny Williams mould who can potentially unlock defences and beat a man for next season.

Im looking forward to it already
    Do you mean Ronnie Jepson?

Agreed Rob.
    Of course Ajeyi is getting games now at this level for Rotherham so yes, he's another one who could and should benefit from Warnock's policy.

I'd also forgotten that Saadi may well come back too, having scored a fair few in Belgium although according to their fans he doesn't want to come back and who knows what will happen with Fred. He may be one we need to loan or ship out to get games

Saadi is now up to 12 goals in 25 appearances for Kortrijk which is not a bad strike rate. Also I recall that a highly rated young Senagalese player (Sidy Sarr) was brought to Kortrijk with a view to joining us if he was a success. Interesting that he has nailed down a regular starting place with Kortrijk so this could be a potential future signing for us

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    Saadi is now up to 12 goals in 25 appearances for Kortrijk which is not a bad strike rate. Also I recall that a highly rated young Senagalese player (Sidy Sarr) was brought to Kortrijk with a view to joining us if he was a success. Interesting that he has nailed down a regular starting place with Kortrijk so this could be a potential future signing for us
    Good spot mate.
    Also Fred scored for fun in Belgium, so whether Saadi would be as prolific at this level is certainly not guaranteed

Agree with everything you say, Bogle would have been another bargin.

We may have to sacrifice the likes of Manga, Whitts and Hoilett so that Warnock can aquire his targets.

It's looking more positive than anytime since Malky's days.

Agreed Rob.

I think any player who is loaned to a Championship club and is starting regularly should be in our first team squad when they come back here, so my thinking as of now is that Ajayi should be the replacement for any centre back who leaves because he's played three times for Rotherham in games where they have only conceded four goals (good going for them) and was certainly praised by Paul Warne after his debut at Forest in a game where he wasn't too happy with the rest of the team. I say "as of now" mind because I can remember a loan to Wimbledon last season not working out well for him, but, based on what I've seen from him in the Under 23s, he's come on a lot this season and I'd say he's definitely good enough now to be our third or fourth choice centreback.

The same applies even more so to Emyr Huws who, with his ability, should never be out on loan to another Championship club after barely kicking a ball for us. I hope the club have done enough to convince themselves that the problem with this player is not at their end - I suspect they have, but it looks bad for Cardiff City that he has made such an impact in his first two games at Ipswich. Hopefully, Huws' loan can work well for City in one of two ways if he continues to prosper at Ipswich - if he is happy to give it another go at Cardiff, then we will be getting a player who I still believe should be in our team when it comes to rare ability, whose confidence has been restored or, if as I think might be the case, he feels has to move elsewhere, then, surely, even we should be able to get a decent fee for him.

I've not got any"in the know" info to back this up with, but I think it's unlikely that we'll see Saadi playing for City again.
    Last edited by the other bob wilson; 12-02-17 at 13:11.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Do you mean Ronnie Jepson?
    Yes mate, i often call him Bryson for some bizarre reason!

Good spot mate.
    Also Fred scored for fun in Belgium, so whether Saadi would be as prolific at this level is certainly not guaranteed
    I'm hoping Fred gets a run of games for us before the end of the season and i hope he hasn't been written off yet

Jimmy was right. We should have got rid of Zahore and Gunnarsson when we had the chance.