+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: leicester city?

leicester city?

How can a team go from being the way they were last season to being utter dog shite in the space of a few months
    What's gone on there?
    I think Swansea will thump them today and Ranieri will be gone

Re: leicester city?

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    How can a team go from being the way they were last season to being utter dog shite in the space of a few months
    What's gone on there?
    I think Swansea will thump them today and Ranieri will be gone
    Cante was a big loss,but i think 2-1 to Leicester.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Cante was a big loss,but i think 2-1 to Leicester.
    We'll they are 1-0 down already so plenty to do now

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    We'll they are 1-0 down already so plenty to do now
    2 now. I fear for Ranieri

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    2 now. I fear for Ranieri
    He's still in the FA Cup and UCL. He should stay until the end of the season even if he takes them down just out of respect.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    He's still in the FA Cup and UCL. He should stay until the end of the season even if he takes them down just out of respect.
    Completely agree with that and the board may well give him that opportunity.

The pundits though are already debating should he shouldn't he.

It will be a tough old couple of months for him and his team.

Kante in front of Huth and Morgan is quite different to space in front of an older and slower Huth and Morgan.

My word Leicester look poor

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Yes, this. He saved Leicester from the drop 2 years ago. All he's done is delayed it and, in the meantime, given 30,000 Leicester fans enough stories to keep their grandkids happy in 50 years time. If Ranieri is sacked anytime before the end of the season, the game is well and truly broke.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Kante in front of Huth and Morgan is quite different to space in front of an older and slower Huth and Morgan.
    Massive loss for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Yes, this. He saved Leicester from the drop 2 years ago. All he's done is delayed it and, in the meantime, given 30,000 Leicester fans enough stories to keep their grandkids happy in 50 years time. If Ranieri is sacked anytime before the end of the season, the game is well and truly broke.
    Pearson kept them up.

Yep. Ranieri joined in the summer 2015. I really like the man but they are in deep trouble and do not need the distraction of Europe and the FA Cup.

It's funny, my niece's boyfriend is a big Leicester fan and all through their first season in the Premier League (i.e. the one after we got relegated), I was saying to her to tell him that his team was too good to go down - thanks to a fantastic finish to the campaign, they eventually proved me right. However, when I saw her again last weekend, I could offer no such assurances and yesterday they looked like a relegation team to me - I thought they were the better side for half an hour or so, but once Swansea began to find their attacking feet, there was only going to be one side who would score. Leicester put the effort in after the interval, but I didn't see much sign of the belief that was a huge factor in keeping them up two years ago and winning them the league last season.

Kante was a big loss, but the bulk of this side have proved they can win a relegation fight at this level without him. However, Swansea, Middlesbrough and Hull look like they are up for the scrap every time I've seen them since the turn of the year, whereas Leicester, Palace and Sunderland can look very sorry for themselves at times. At Christmas, I thought those last three sides I mentioned would stay up and the other three were the ones that would be relegated, now I wonder if Bournemouth may offer the best chance of my three current relegation tips wriggling to safety.
    Last edited by the other bob wilson; 13-02-17 at 06:23.

I think they are doing the same as last year , they got into a groove and won everything , this year they got into a groove and look like losing everything, its a mindset and both are examples of what you can, and can't do , when your up or down in form ,they have enough good players without Cante to be a a fine team, they will probably go on and win the champions league.

Just goes to show how much of a factor both team spirit and confidence are. Leicester won 3-1 at Man CIty this time last year and were rampant. That's not all down to Kante.

It's a funny old game.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Just goes to show how much of a factor both team spirit and confidence are. Leicester won 3-1 at Man CIty this time last year and were rampant. That's not all down to Kante.

It's a funny old game.
    You can see it our side Gunnerson , Zohore , and the team now believe in themselves ,football and a lot of type of sports are about the mindset ,confidence and belief , no wonder Hoddle dabbled in it .