+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Recommend and SUV

Recommend and SUV

If you had £5000 to spend and you were looking for a reliable SUV, what would you go for?

Re: Recommend and SUV

I was thinking Vauxhall Antara until I saw the reviews.

Ideally I would like an Audi Q5 but I doubt I'd find a decent one at that price.

Kuga

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Kuga
    Not a bad shout, better reviews than the Antara, bit pricier though.

Not sure about the price, but I had a company Tiguan and that was rock solid.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
    Not sure about the price, but I had a company Tiguan and that was rock solid.
    I like it! Again, a bit pricier than I was hoping but that is a nice vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    If you had £5000 to spend and you were looking for a reliable SUV, what would you go for?
    As way of an alternative,and dont shoot the messenger here,l was in the bike shop in Porthcawl the other day and well for £5000 you could pick up something almost new

I was thinking Vauxhall Antara until I saw the reviews.

Ideally I would like an Audi Q5 but I doubt I'd find a decent one at that price.
    You would have trouble finding any Q5 or even a Q3 for even twice your price. Also consider the cost of repairing these vehicles. My Q3 with only 13000 miles on the clock had a new transfer box last week. Had it not been under warranty the cost of repair would have been around £3k. My advice would be to avoid anything with 4 wheel drive.
    Last edited by Vindec; 13-02-17 at 17:01.

For that budget, Jimny or Vitara, possibly an older Santa Ve or Tuscon.

Older model Honda CRV ? Very reliable motor with lots of space inside and the boot.

What will you be using it for?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    What will you be using it for?
    Well to be honest it's a bit of an extravagance for me to spend that kind of money of an SUV particularly as it'll just be a local runaround, town and back, school, shops, occasional airport run, so I'll probably talk myself out of it pretty soon.

In the meantime I've got my heart set on either a Q5 (which I know isn't happening) or the Volkswagen Tiguan that bluejay suggested, it looks like just the thing I'm after.

Well to be honest it's a bit of an extravagance for me to spend that kind of money of an SUV particularly as it'll just be a local runaround, town and back, school, shops, occasional airport run, so I'll probably talk myself out of it pretty soon.

In the meantime I've got my heart set on either a Q5 (which I know isn't happening) or the Volkswagen Tiguan that bluejay suggested, it looks like just the thing I'm after.
    I had a Nissan Xtrail for a few years with no problems at all,now i drive a Chevrolet Captiva and alls good so far.

Here you go mate. Vroom, vroom.

If it's a runaround don't buy a diesel as unless you do a lot of long journeys you will end up with expensive DPF problems.

You missed out on the free ones Jimmy the Jock was giving out??

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    If it's a runaround don't buy a diesel as unless you do a lot of long journeys you will end up with expensive DPF problems.
    unless you occasionaly give it a Italian tune-up