+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Warnock on Radio Wales last night

Warnock on Radio Wales last night

He starts speaking at about 11:30 minutes.

Enjoy

Re: Warnock on Radio Wales last night

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    He starts speaking at about 11:30 minutes.

Enjoy
    Thanks.

He wants £5-6m in the summer to spend on 3-4 players.

Neil Warnock has spelt out what he wants from Cardiff City in order to stay at the club next season – £6m to spend on three new players.

Warnock – whose steadily improving team face Derby County on Tuesday night – has revealed he spoke to owner Vincent Tan on Sunday, following the impressive 2-0 away victory at Leeds United.

Warnock is now due to meet chairman Mehmet Dalman following Saturday’s clash against another of his former clubs, Rotherham.

The focus will centre on plans for next season, with Warnock keen to get a commitment on spending before he decides whether or not to stay at the Bluebirds.

In contrast to some of the big-spending clubs in the Championship, Warnock has suggested he only needs a modest outlay in order to mount a promotion challenge.

“I don’t think we need an awful lot,” said Warnock.

“When you see these teams spending £10 and £12m on one player, I am talking about half that on three or four players.

“I don’t think I am asking for an awful lot. Everyone knows the situation and I think they (Tan and Dalman) know it. They are so happy at the minute and they want the club to do well, so. Hopefully, we can all get around the table and get the future sorted out.”

If Warnock does not get the assurances he is seeking, then he is unlikely to remain at the club beyond the current campaign.

Speaking to BBC Radio on Monday evening, the 68-year-old, who has already been in charge of 15 clubs, Warnock suggested other employers could soon be in the market for his services.

He added; “I spoke to Vincent on Sunday and he was absolutely delighted.

“So, too, was Mehmet and I’m going to see Mehmet at the weekend after the Rotherham game.

“We will have a few hours chat, because there are all sorts of things coming up. He knows that at my age, I really want to have a go at getting a promotion.

“I might not get it and I might end up getting the sack. You don’t know what is around the corner, but I do want to have a go.

“He also knows that there are other clubs who will need managers between now and the end of the season. But he knows how much I love it at Cardiff.

“Together, we have to get around the table. I know that Vincent and Mehmet want us to do well.

“So, it’s my intention to get everyone together and signing from the same hymn sheet.”

Since taking over from Paul Trollope in October, Warnock has won nine and drawn four of 21 Championship matches – a surge of form which would have put the club in the shake-up for the play-offs had it been extended over the whole season.

http://www.dai-sport.com/neil-warnoc...-stay-cardiff/

Compared to other teams, that really isn't a lot of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Neil Warnock has spelt out what he wants from Cardiff City in order to stay at the club next season – £6m to spend on three new players.

Warnock – whose steadily improving team face Derby County on Tuesday night – has revealed he spoke to owner Vincent Tan on Sunday, following the impressive 2-0 away victory at Leeds United.

Warnock is now due to meet chairman Mehmet Dalman following Saturday’s clash against another of his former clubs, Rotherham.

The focus will centre on plans for next season, with Warnock keen to get a commitment on spending before he decides whether or not to stay at the Bluebirds.

In contrast to some of the big-spending clubs in the Championship, Warnock has suggested he only needs a modest outlay in order to mount a promotion challenge.

“I don’t think we need an awful lot,” said Warnock.

“When you see these teams spending £10 and £12m on one player, I am talking about half that on three or four players.

“I don’t think I am asking for an awful lot. Everyone knows the situation and I think they (Tan and Dalman) know it. They are so happy at the minute and they want the club to do well, so. Hopefully, we can all get around the table and get the future sorted out.”

If Warnock does not get the assurances he is seeking, then he is unlikely to remain at the club beyond the current campaign.

Speaking to BBC Radio on Monday evening, the 68-year-old, who has already been in charge of 15 clubs, Warnock suggested other employers could soon be in the market for his services.

He added; “I spoke to Vincent on Sunday and he was absolutely delighted.

“So, too, was Mehmet and I’m going to see Mehmet at the weekend after the Rotherham game.

“We will have a few hours chat, because there are all sorts of things coming up. He knows that at my age, I really want to have a go at getting a promotion.

“I might not get it and I might end up getting the sack. You don’t know what is around the corner, but I do want to have a go.

“He also knows that there are other clubs who will need managers between now and the end of the season. But he knows how much I love it at Cardiff.

“Together, we have to get around the table. I know that Vincent and Mehmet want us to do well.

“So, it’s my intention to get everyone together and signing from the same hymn sheet.”

Since taking over from Paul Trollope in October, Warnock has won nine and drawn four of 21 Championship matches – a surge of form which would have put the club in the shake-up for the play-offs had it been extended over the whole season.

http://www.dai-sport.com/neil-warnoc...-stay-cardiff/
    I believe that Warnock thinks those players will be able to get us up, provided we move the right people on but it does feel like he's playing the board against the fans here. He knows there will be hell to pay if he goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I believe that Warnock thinks those players will be able to get us up, provided we move the right people on but it does feel like he's playing the board against the fans here. He knows there will be hell to pay if he goes.
    Spot on.

He might not be the worlds greatest manager but he's been in the game long enough to know how every aspect of football works.

From the fansto the players and the media, all the way up to the owner, our Neil knows what it takes to get people onside.

He's a clever man and he's shown that here. He's basically asking for a modest amount of money because then it forces Tans hand. If Tan agrees then Neil gets to bring in a few players on a relatively cheap budget, gets the team over performing compared to the big spenders and everyone is happy. If Tan says no then Neil probably walks away and Tan is back to being public enemy number one.