+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FAO TBG re: Deke Leonard

FAO TBG re: Deke Leonard

Many thanks for the book recommendation 'Rhinos, Winos and Lunatics' which I found online and ordered.

I'm about a third of the way in, and a better written, funnier story you'd be hard pushed to find.

Rock and roll band / musician / lifestyle excess books are my favourite genre having read hundreds, and this is already up there in the top 3 easily.

As Nugent would say, it's funny as f@ck mun, and you wouldn't believe the situations they found themselves in. Such a carefree lifestyle. I'm incredibly envious

Re: FAO TBG re: Deke Leonard

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Many thanks for the book recommendation 'Rhinos, Winos and Lunatics' which I found online and ordered.

I'm about a third of the way in, and a better written, funnier story you'd be hard pushed to find.

Rock and roll band / musician / lifestyle excess books are my favourite genre having read hundreds, and this is already up there in the top 3 easily.

As Nugent would say, it's funny as f@ck mun, and you wouldn't believe the situations they found themselves in. Such a carefree lifestyle. I'm incredibly envious

My pleasure. I gave my copy to a singer in a local band in California a few years back. The most memorable anecdote in the book was when Man toured the US with the Blue Oyster Cult and REO Speedwagon - but I won't spoil it for you if you haven't got that far. Not that I could Deke's humorous prose any justice, of course.

``i think that is the funniest book I have ever read. One part hard me crying, the bit about rats scurrying around in the attic. And the bit about taking a certain type of pill, where he gave 3 to a bandmate which knocked said bandmate out for the weekend, but he himself was taking 26 a day at the time!!!! A sad loss as a musician and a writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post

At Amazon it's £124.99, where did you get your copy, I looked around. Kindle version £5.99...
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rhinos-Wino.../dp/1900711001