+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Who has the right to give you a parking ticket etc

Re: Who has the right to give you a parking ticket etc

Not a lot at all. I don't know the ins and outs of the law but any private parking firm has no power to enforce a ticket, hence the numerous tickets I've thrown in the bin and completely ignored over the last couple of years. Only the council and police can enforce a parking ticket I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Yesterday I had to pick someone else's kid from school as his mum was ill. There was a car park at the school - so seeing as I didnt know where to go etc - I parked in the car park. On the way out, I had the care taker I think charging over to me, telling me I cant park there etc, and I would face the consequences etc.

He seemed to think he had the right to either fine me or give me a ticket etc (which obviously he cant) - but if it says School visitors Car Park - then what control does anyone have on who can park there - and what can they do if they dont want you to park there - seeing as private clamping is now illegal.
    Little tip for you:

Why not enrol one of your kids at the school? Then you can completely piss him off by parking there every day when you go to pick them up.

Alternatively you could claim that he touched you in your special place. Being a school caretaker, it won't be too much of a leap for people to believe he did it.

Happy to help.

Quote Originally Posted by jnc90 View Post
    Not a lot at all. I don't know the ins and outs of the law but any private parking firm has no power to enforce a ticket, hence the numerous tickets I've thrown in the bin and completely ignored over the last couple of years. Only the council and police can enforce a parking ticket I believe.
    No, you're right. You definitely DON'T know the law.

and not one reference to pepipo

Board's going to the dogs nqat

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    No, you're right. You definitely DON'T know the law.
    That's how I've always viewed things.

Police and council can enforce, everyone else has no authority - all they can do is request payment.

What's the real situation then?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    That's how I've always viewed things.

Police and council can enforce, everyone else has no authority - all they can do is request payment.

What's the real situation then?
    The only thing to add is that private operators can take you to the small claims court, but rarely do.