+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paul Nuttall

Paul Nuttall

Claimed the other day he lost a close friend at the Hillsborough tragedy.
    Turns out he made that up completely.

A couple of years ago I'd have said that that would be enough to bring down any politician, but these days I'm not so sure.
    Will he front it out? And if he goes who can lead UKIP?

Re: Paul Nuttall

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

A couple of years ago I'd have said that that would be enough to bring down any politician, but these days I'm not so sure.
    I predict UKIP will be replaced by a new political party.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Aimed at the right wing working class?

Brexit friendly

Given Milibum got publicly shamed for eating a bacon sandwich I think there is a chance.

If you get the rep of a liar it is poisonous for a politician. UKIP sell themselves as being honest to the working man.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Given Milibum got publicly shamed for eating a bacon sandwich I think there is a chance.

If you get the rep of a liar it is poisonous for a politician. UKIP sell themselves as being honest to the working man.
    Politics should be like football. If somebody is performing badly, substitutions should be allowed during the game. Focussing on individuals is bad for democracy.

Having seen some of the labour campaign literature used in Stoke it looks very UKIPPY to me. Flag of st Georges everywhere and little mention of Corbyn, Flabbot and co.

Politics should be like football. If somebody is performing badly, substitutions should be allowed during the game. Focussing on individuals is bad for democracy.
    I doubt it'd work but back in ancient athens you used to have 1 year as the leader. Then everyone would vote and if they didn't like you could get this:

http://www.ancient.eu/Ostracism/

That is how you'd stop abuses of power!.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...e-tweets-women

Seems he hates women with a big hint of sexism.

Im waiting for the demos and protest marches to start.........
    waiting............still waiting..............
    will take another look tomorrow......
    Think he's spot on about loose women tbf

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...e-tweets-women

Seems he hates women with a big hint of sexism.

Im waiting for the demos and protest marches to start.........
    waiting............still waiting..............
    will take another look tomorrow......
    You are losing the plot.

Cloth cap and jackboots?

Here is the big question , will he beat Labour in Stoke ????????????

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Here is the big question , will he beat Labour in Stoke ????????????
    Nope

Labour 15/8
    UKIP 7/4

Nutall press secretary released those statements years ago re him having lost friends etc (obviously bull sh1t as we know) and he says he never approved of them - I can and cant believe that.

Gareth Snell Labour tweets sexist and derrogatory comments about women - now hastily deleted.

Not exactly fine upstanding candidates either of them. Tories and Lib Dems - dont have a clue who they are putting up
    There seems to be a move to try to make some sort of equivalency between slagging off loose women and trying to use the Hillsborough tragedy for your own political gain and then lying about it when caught.

There appears to moves on all sides to discredit the other candidates. The latest one being tweets sent out telling Muslims in Stoke they are bad Muslims and going against the wishes of Allah if they dont vote for Labour.

If you support Labour - you will say this is legitimate political campaigning, if you are the opposition candidate you will say the opposite.

Nutall said he didnt release or approve those press statements - personally I cant see a scouser doing that ever.
    Then you have the Labour candidate rapidly deleting sexist tweets that he DID tweet. If you support Labour - you will say that is his right to say it. If you dont - then you will call him a sexist.

If you ever done anything in your life which you now regret ? (must people have - and those that dont are usually liars)
    To be honest, you're coming across as a bit of an apologist. There seems little doubt that the claims were made by him - they are on his own website, he has form for lying about his past and blaming a press officer (claimed he has a PhD and played for Tranmere on LinkedIn) and he made the same Hillsborough claims in another interview with the BBC.

What he's done is pretty disgusting and none of your excuses for him (someone else sent some stupid texts, maybe he didn't really say it, he's a scouser too, everyone has regrets) wash.

There appears to moves on all sides to discredit the other candidates. The latest one being tweets sent out telling Muslims in Stoke they are bad Muslims and going against the wishes of Allah if they dont vote for Labour.

If you support Labour - you will say this is legitimate political campaigning, if you are the opposition candidate you will say the opposite.

Nutall said he didnt release or approve those press statements - personally I cant see a scouser doing that ever.
    Then you have the Labour candidate rapidly deleting sexist tweets that he DID tweet. If you support Labour - you will say that is his right to say it. If you dont - then you will call him a sexist.

If you ever done anything in your life which you now regret ? (must people have - and those that dont are usually liars)
    Perhaps people should be less nailed to their parties and make decisions about who is genuine in their beliefs, who will stand up for their constituency and who ideas are best?

I don't think anyone should defend sexist tweets, although often people involved in a political party are more sensitive when it comes from an opposing candidate, or use religion to push people into voting for one candidate and I would hope that it's a trick that will backfire, though that seems unlikely considering Trump used the same tactics to win an election. I am 90% certain that Paul Nutall has also said that he was at Hillsborough so he shouldn't be allowed to sidestep it by claiming he didn't release or approve of that statement. Whether it's something you can accept as a voter is a different matter.

I think it'll be renamed the "but what about labour" party

I think it'll be renamed the "but what about labour" party

Labour 15/8
    UKIP 7/4

Nutall press secretary released those statements years ago re him having lost friends etc (obviously bull sh1t as we know) and he says he never approved of them - I can and cant believe that.

Gareth Snell Labour tweets sexist and derrogatory comments about women - now hastily deleted.

Not exactly fine upstanding candidates either of them. Tories and Lib Dems - dont have a clue who they are putting up
    Those odds are a week old not that the bookies have a clue.Currently Labour are 2/5 and UKIP at 6/4 so Lab clear favourites.I think Nuttall is helping their campaign.The Labour candidate sems a bit of a fool.
    It looks like Labour will lose Copeland to the Tories though.

Labour 15/8
    UKIP 7/4

What a dilemma for Stoke On Trent, if its true about either its poor , labour have been very vocal about Trump sexism so why not deal with this internally , Nuttall is summed up by the first three alphas of his name, obliviously a very disillusion warped character, from a warped party ,however as someone pointed out political blindness exists in so many people , no matter what one says or does they vote because of deep routed class divide/bigotry/past emotions ,which is madness ??

Lardy - Im not an apologist for him or anyone else - you either accept his reasons or you dont - I wont be able to / or ant to change your opinion on him. Dont really know much about other than the few times he's been on question time etc.

What he needs to do is not allow anyone to release anything to the press without his express approval (least that is what I would do - unless Im busy working on my new E=MC II theory obviously). I think ukip will struggle in Stoke, I think Labour will as well - so I can see it being a very narrow Labour win - with the Tories picking votes off UKIP and ukip picking votes off Labour supporters - due the Labour candidates viewpoints)
    Well there were a handful of different comments in your post about how it's not so bad, what about this, etc. That's just how it comes across.

Two completely different people making up completely different stuff about him and putting it on his own pages without him knowing, without him ever coming across it and saying "hold on...", or without anyone who knows him closely mentioning it to him. Quite a coincidence, isn't it?

Word is from Stoke that the Lib Dem candidate, a local Muslim doctor (A real one unlike Nuttall) is doing very well and hoovering up the Muslim vote (both votes per Muslim as per Tower Hamlets) and the remainer vote. Sounds like UKIP may sneak past through the back door.

I think Nuttall has gone too far with this one and will pay dearly he chose to lie about something that is still a very open sore.

Banned

Vote Paul Nutjob